Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    I am so livid. I'm not going to be able to take my kids to a world cup match in England until 2030 at the very least! I will be 38 for ****s sake!
    Don't say stuff like that :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    grrr, minortities can't even go on the Moscow Metro without a beating - how are they going to cope with the influx of fans. Stupid FIFA :mad:
    Seriously? Jesus Christ, so we've got:

-Racism

-Awful infrastructure

-Vast distances between venues

-A public that loves football nowhere near as much as other bidding countries

-Widespread corruption

Stellar decision, FIFA. How many rubles did it take to pay you off? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:

Take your English specs off people.

ReputationRep:
    No one to blame but ourselves. There was a time when we looked a shoe-in to win this but thanks to panorama and the media our bid fell miserably short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Will Israelis be allowed into Qatar?
    I have no idea! They've created so many problems already by choosing Qatar, Australia would've been far easier

Russia =
      Qatar =
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9250585.stm

ReputationRep:
      Putin definitely knew something.....

ReputationRep:
      Who is going to want to travel on-masse to Russia and Qatar - **** you FIFA!

ReputationRep:

Kick racism out of football
      Wait

wut ?

ReputationRep:
      I actually thought Spain/Portugal and Australia would get it, the last ones I expected were Russia and Qatar :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sango)
      I am so livid. I'm not going to be able to take my kids to a world cup match in England until 2030 at the very least! I will be 38 for ****s sake!
      I forgot taking your kids to World Cup matches on your doorstep was a divine right of parenthood....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sango)
      The whole thing is a farce, what next- the Olympics in Lagos?
      Well if bribary wins it for you as in this case, it'll happen tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
      I think Qatar was a better decision than Russia. I would actually consider visiting Qatar. A Russian world cup would be a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
      Damn English football falls further into the ****ter lol. Oh come on who cares, the World Cup isn't the same anymore anyway. **** that, its all about the Champions League!!!!

ReputationRep:
      Sepp Blatter must be rolling in the bribe money now.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CB91)

Take your English specs off people.

I would have been happy with Spain/Portugal or Netherlands/Belgium.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Addzter)
      If it was in Spain/Portugal or Holland/Belgium I'd definitely have gone, just as I'm planning to go to Brazil. I'm not risking Russia.
      Would love to go to Brazil for the world cup. Any idea how much it will be?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by alexs2602)
      England, Spain, Portugal, Belgium and Netherlands all entered other than Russia, I'd make that 4 countries.
      Spain and Portugal had a combined bid.
      I make that three other countries apart from Russia.

ReputationRep:
      FIFA is a joke and the sooner Blatter leaves, the better. I don't why but I am actually distraught atm!

3 lions must be feeling pissed right now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.