Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 Society Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Lithuania are quet good!!
    But I don't think we'll get to the final... It's not a very good song for Eurovision, I think...

ReputationRep:
    lets face it, the uk will never come close to winning, to many countrys vote on political opinion. People dont like us! We are the main financial funders of the competition and we are seen as a Joke! Lets just not take part!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petters)
    lets face it, the uk will never come close to winning, to many countrys vote on political opinion. People dont like us! We are the main financial funders of the competition and we are seen as a Joke! Lets just not take part!
    Are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    my top 10 from this semi are:
    Hungary
    Switzerland
    Greece
    Azerbaijan
    Iceland
    Finland
    Russia
    Armenia
    Serbia
    and....Portugal

ReputationRep:
    No idea why Ireland thought it would be a good idea to put Jedward in as their entry.

They should use this instead:

ReputationRep:
    This blonde BBC reporter looks and speaks as if she was drunk or high or drugs. ****ing annoying.

(Original post by LadyRowena)
      No idea why Ireland thought it would be a good idea to put Jedward in as their entry.

They should use this instead:

Yes
      Jedward will only help to seal Ireland's fate as long, past winners no more :sigh:

ReputationRep:
      'Does she need to go to the loo?' :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      Woohoo! Lithuaniaaa!!! Emigrants did their job! :P

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RabbitCFH)
      This blonde BBC reporter looks and speaks as if she was drunk or high or drugs. ****ing annoying.
      i totally agree....she speaks like a five year old.....thank god its graham norton on sat!

ReputationRep:
      So glad Serbia got through, anyone else a little dissapointed this year though?

ReputationRep:
      Could somebody please explain what Portugal were doing? I walked in half way through and well

ReputationRep:
      Why oh why did Croatia and Turkey not get through? And why did Russia and Greece. They were ****, urgh just because they're regulars doesn't mean that they needed to go through, they were ****!

I am thoroughly disappointed, Dana International better impress me on Thursday

ReputationRep:
      happy that Switzerland and Serbia got through , but why did Georgia and not Norway get through!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by express_68)
      happy that Switzerland and Serbia got through , but why did Georgia and not Norway get through!
      When the scores are released on Sunday/Monday, we could see that Georgia was 10th, and Norway 11th.. I always feel sorry for the country that comes 11th in the semis.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Fjarskafinn)
      When the scores are released on Sunday/Monday, we could see that Georgia was 10th, and Norway 11th.. I always feel sorry for the country that comes 11th in the semis.
      and its always interesting how the juries voted and how the public did!
      i wonder who was top in the UK votes tonight?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      I was disappointed tonight, I felt it was lacking something.. Plus all the wrong countries got through

ReputationRep:
      Azerbaijan is quite good (love the show they put on, plus the song is better than average).

Iceland is very good. I love it. Plus the story behind it.

Finland is awesome. Love the song and the fact that it's kiddo's creation 100%.

So, for me, till now, it's Finland/Iceland.

Romania sucks, I know. It's just an average song. Just to let you know, the Briton (lead vocals) started a scandal a while ago. Some pics with him naked and jerking off leaked on the internet .

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by express_68)
      I like Georgia though they replaced their lead singer who sounded better :l

Also liked Norway's though. Greece shouldn't have won a place...

ReputationRep:
      Norway's voice was awful. She didn't deserve to qualify.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.