Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

single people - do you think you will still be single this time next year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully! Wouldn't like to start university in a relationship. Freshers would be half the fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etoiliege)
    I've never had a shortage of guys who wanted to be boyfriends - a lot of guy mates don't understand 'just' mates :s However, I've never had a relationship beyond three months.. easily bored + I love to meet new people so my social group (and therefore dates) changes all the time.

Maybe I'll settle down later but I can't see it happening anytime in the near future (:
    Same, people keep asking me out when I don't want to be in a relationship. But when I wanted to be in a relationship couple years ago, no one asked me out. I get easily bored and I can't stand when people get annoying (complaining about stupid things, thinking they own you, planning your future and thinking you want kids even though you don't!). And the conversations... When you see that there is no challenge ("Yeah, okay. Whatever, I don't think about stuff like that. I don't even know what it is so I don't care") for you.

But I don't know. I never knew before either. Someone came to my life so suddenly and I started to spend more and more time with that person. I don't think that I'll meet anyone extraordinary next year. I'm having my gap year and hopefully having some interviews next autumn. I'm just bored of this town's small social circles. Maybe after next year. But I'm so cynical nowadays. I feel like I won't meet anyone who is similar to me so I don't have high hopes on this.

ReputationRep:
    This picture sums up most of the replies ITT:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2872miq.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabers)
    I've just turned 18 so I suppose I still count.

This time next year I will be at Uni so will have met loads of new people. Whether I will have met anyone I want to go out with or have the confidence to ask out I don't know but its looking more likely than last year.
    cheers for unbroken hopes and dreams. (:

ReputationRep:
    This time next year. IDK. Would be alright.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the forever Alone face always cracks me up :3

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully not, i'm just overly picky. At the moment, i'm not really looking for anything too serious. Winter and romance could be lovely, but not right now. Can't be arsed if i'm honest.

I was on a date on Friday, and I even bought dinner for both of us. He later texted me saying that I was a nice person, but he thought I tried a bit too hard to be a nice guy or something. One can never win :faceplam2:

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully not, but probably will...

ReputationRep:
    Probably not. I don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    I've been single for coming up 6 years.

I don't see it changing to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal)
    I think I probably will be... I'm not really that into relationships and would like to focus on my career (hahahaha) for a bit.

EDIT: I'd genuinely love to know why I got a thumbs down for this...

YOU GUYS ARE SO FUNNY
    Education+Career> getting girls

Girls are distraction. Everyday Cinema and shopping and you're like WTF I ain't got a time for that! Need to get my As and Es first

(Original post by TobeTheHero)
      Education+Career> getting girls

Girls are distraction. Everyday Cinema and shopping and you're like WTF I ain't got a time for that! Need to get my As and Es first
      Yup. There's plenty of time to meet girls and there's no law that says you have to be attached while at uni. I wasn't, and a ****load of my friends weren't either - no shame in it whatsoever and you'll find that nobody cares.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ch0llima)
      Yup. There's plenty of time to meet girls and there's no law that says you have to be attached while at uni. I wasn't, and a ****load of my friends weren't either - no shame in it whatsoever and you'll find that nobody cares.
      Good man. I broke with my girl when i was 17 and I hate the thought of being in a relationship again where you could expect to incur considerable expense in this age of bust instead of boom

ReputationRep:
      this thread has curiously made me feel a lot better

and in answer to the question..yes very probably indeed.

ReputationRep:
      hope so

ReputationRep:
      Possibly. That is until those people who are seeing someone are no longer seeing them are available. I'm fed up with guys trying it on when they're already with someone and they're well aware that I know. Or those who are genuinely just plain drunk who attempt to start a "chat".

Gah. I just wish the guy I liked told me he likes me to and not to be so shy! Odd to say but I have a feeling I'm not geeky enough for him. Still.. Just a matter of playing the waiting game with him!

ReputationRep:
      Tbh no one has even liked me in two years

All i get atm is guys wanting a **** but nothing else

That attitude sucks as it leads to either believing "OMGZZZ ALL MEN ARE *******S" or the more rational view that the common denominator here is myself, therefore meaning my personality sucks hence no one stays interested. Thus old age will suck as i shall lose my looks and have nothing.

Then i thought all i was ever good for is sex so why am i not giving into sex as this is the most affection i will ever get from a man as all other areas of myself suck as i must be stupid, boring, etc. Yes i know that logic sucks hence i'm on TSR moaning about it rather then getting laid in some bad club *shudders at the thought*

Now i dont really know where i am, tbh i give up. Right now is obviously a 2 year plus stint where its not really happening for me...at all. I know a lot of people are single because they get offers but are fussy. I NEVER get asked out. Not saying i'd say yes to anybody as its pointless just being in a relationship for the sake of not being alone but it would be nice to know that i am actually fanciable, let alone anything more meaningful.

I give myself say 3 years or so, finish uni, graduate, start earning lots of monkeys, maintain good family and friendships, continue with my hobbies (being mainly outdoor sports), be happy (then when im not looking....)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by i like tea)
      *snips*
      I feel for you. Two years is a long time if you've had zero interest. My mate went four years without any offers either, it used to eat him up inside.

To the OP. I've no idea, but probably. I'm not really looking for various reasons. I wouldn't mind someone, but I'm not overly fussed on finding anyone right now either.

ReputationRep:
      I've been single for the past 17 years. One more year is almost a definite.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.