Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Non-smokers: would you date someone who smokes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, it's the biggest turn off ever.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't.

My dad smokes, so I know how annoying it is to live around a smoker.

ReputationRep:
    NEVER.

It's like saying I wouldn't normally date a girl with blonde hair but if I love her I'll accept her as she is.

So in answer to that question, by preference no, but I tend to judge people on personality. If they smoke, they're welcome to but not near me.

ReputationRep:
    Oh har-de-har all the geeky 17 year old TSR boys giving big fat 'NO' responses.

Grow up, life isn't about judging people for little habits. Smoking isn't a big deal - you'll get to uni and realise lots of people actually take up smoking or already smoke.

Piss off, the lot of you.

ReputationRep:
    yes as long as she's hot, doesn't really bother me though, smoking isn't that bad

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Smoking can either be a turnoff or point of attraction (for some) or neutral. I'd date girl that smokes and hopefully she would quit at some point, but i'd never date a FAT GIRL!

ReputationRep:
    NO way, stinky breath is not sexy

ReputationRep:
    Only if it wasn't around me, if he smoked when he was out with mates or very rarely then fine (probably) but the smell really bothers me, kinda makes me feel sick. And if he always smelt like stale **** I'm not sure I could handle that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesbionic)

Grow up, life isn't about judging people for little habits. Smoking isn't a big deal - you'll get to uni and realise lots of people actually take up smoking or already smoke.

Piss off, the lot of you.
    Jesus, what is your problem?

A LOT of people, of all ages, do not like to date people who smoke. It is unpleasant to be around someone who is smoking, plus their clothes smell and when you kiss them you can taste it. Not pleasant.

I HAVE dated men who smoked, but they've known I found it offputting. I would not live with a man who smoked, and I'd only date a smoker if he didn't smoke in front of me.

To a lot of NON smokers, smoking is far more than a 'little habit'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesbionic)

lol this tbh, nearly everyone smokes at uni, though I've pretty much quit and I smoke about 5 a week now I only really smoke when I hang around with other students this nonsense about not dating smokers is such BS

(Original post by thelittleredfox)
    To a lot of NON smokers, smoking is far more than a 'little habit'.

not really...

ReputationRep:
    No.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.