Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have accidentally hit my boyfriend. One time I punched him in the nose so hard it crunched. He's accidentally whacked me once or twice, too. We are clumsy people who share a small bed! I'm also really ticklish, so I know where you're coming from with the neck-touching. It happens.

Well, I say we are clumsy people, but really it's mostly me.

ReputationRep:
    smooth move

(Original post by Mazty)
    Instinctive reaction? No, you are one insecure ****-o who is too pathetic to deal with a past issue. She'll dump you, or she's afraid of you. Either way you should be in a padded cell until you can join society without violently lashing out at people. What makes it worse is you come onto the forum seeking sympathy for a out-right cruel attack on your girlfriend. You are one sick *******.
    :goaway:
    Ok, you're just a troll and I'm ignoring you now.

(Original post by 4994mm)
    You DON'T hit woman.
    Accident or not, if you can't control yourself then leave her alone.
    I don't care if you meant to or not, let her find a guy she can kiss without a broken nose!
    FFS, it did not break her nose. It didn't even bruise!

(Original post by T-Toe)
    smooth move
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, you're just a troll and I'm ignoring you now.
    I'm a troll because I'm repulsed that you hit your girlfriend and try to excuse it by saying "omgosh itz like mah past possessed me!". You make me ****ing sick.

ReputationRep:

What do you mean?
    I think you've frightened the poor girl. I know it was a complete accident. But you're going to have accept that fact that she way be a bit weary around you. When last did speak to her about this incident? She obviously loves you too and has forgiving you. I know you're picking out changes in her behaviour because you feel guilty, but try not to pester her too much. Give her time. From your thread, you seem like a real gentleman and any girl would be lucky to have you

ReputationRep:
    Ok, before everyone starts shouting abuse and how I should turn myself into the police, you need to know the whole context, and understand that it was entirely an accident.

You may or may not have read the thread, but I'm the person who hates having their neck touched ... and my girlfriend likes to touch and kiss my neck. So, in order to get over this, we were trying something where I would be totally relaxed and trusting of her, and then she would slowly touch my neck to see how I'd respond.

So, I was trusting and relaxed. I was so very relaxed, I was in a completely different headspace and, to be honest here, I forgot she was there with me. I even forgot I was there. Then she touched my neck, and brought me out of it very suddenly...

I really did just act on instinct and, in an attempt to get the 'attacker' away from me, I hit out ... and caught her. It was only after that that I even remembered it would be my girlfriend, and as soon as I realised I was stroking and kissing where I'd hit her, getting the ice, cuddling her and apologising.

She said she was all right with it and she understood I hadn't meant to violently attack her, even that she should have gone slower and not taken me by surprise.

However, since then, she hasn't responded to my texts or be as active in conversations, she seems jumpy around me, she was hesistant to get in a car with, she doesn't sleep half laying on me anymore...

I don't know what to do - I really didn't mean to hit her, and I love her so much ... but I think I've scared her, and I'm probably one of the most non-violent people you could meet. Is there anything I can do to make it up to her?

TL;DR version: Accidentally hit my girlfriend in circumstances that are IMO completely understandable. Not a violent person, but now she seems scared of me - anything I can do about it?
    She probably wants to leave you, but is scared that you might hit her again :]

Tell her exactly what you've just told us. It'll come across as sweet, she'll forgive you if she still hasn't completely inside.

ReputationRep:
    It was an accident. She knew you dont like getting your neck kissed and still wanted to kiss it.Talk to her maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Tell dat ***** to suk ur dik or get out

>…>

Edit: nice Rep *****ezzzzz....

Edit2:

*****es I hope you know

I won't stop till I hit that hoe

HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD bitccchessssssssssssss
    Positive rep given, I don't even know why, this just made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    I'm a troll because I'm repulsed that you hit your girlfriend and try to excuse it by saying "omgosh itz like mah past possessed me!". You make me ****ing sick.
    Aren't you over-reacting slightly? If you listen to what the man's trying to say, his girlfriend isnt quite so open with him as before. She's not in hospital getting 23 stitches put into her face. It's all in context. I'm sure the OP didnt violently assault her, so its not one of those "psycho attacker" scenarios...

ReputationRep:
    OP i dig your pain, i slapped my poor gentle mother in a reflex when she brushed past me by surprise. :shame: I,still haven't forgotten.

I hope it all works out for you

ReputationRep:
    OH MA GAWWD!! YOU WENT ALL NINJA ON YOUR BIATCH? REALLY??
    Well, if what you are saying is true, and I think it is, I'd feel like I'm lost too. Well you and I as well as the whole world knows that women can't control their emotions well. So I'd say you just keep apologizing?

ReputationRep:
    She might be a bit cautious around you for a while but I'm sure it'll work out, you obviously didn't mean it. My boyfriend pretends to beat me up all the time but one time he did actually slap me by mistake. We just find it funny now.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, before everyone starts shouting abuse and how I should turn myself into the police, you need to know the whole context, and understand that it was entirely an accident.

You may or may not have read the thread, but I'm the person who hates having their neck touched ... and my girlfriend likes to touch and kiss my neck. So, in order to get over this, we were trying something where I would be totally relaxed and trusting of her, and then she would slowly touch my neck to see how I'd respond.

So, I was trusting and relaxed. I was so very relaxed, I was in a completely different headspace and, to be honest here, I forgot she was there with me. I even forgot I was there. Then she touched my neck, and brought me out of it very suddenly...

I really did just act on instinct and, in an attempt to get the 'attacker' away from me, I hit out ... and caught her. It was only after that that I even remembered it would be my girlfriend, and as soon as I realised I was stroking and kissing where I'd hit her, getting the ice, cuddling her and apologising.

She said she was all right with it and she understood I hadn't meant to violently attack her, even that she should have gone slower and not taken me by surprise.

However, since then, she hasn't responded to my texts or be as active in conversations, she seems jumpy around me, she was hesistant to get in a car with, she doesn't sleep half laying on me anymore...

I don't know what to do - I really didn't mean to hit her, and I love her so much ... but I think I've scared her, and I'm probably one of the most non-violent people you could meet. Is there anything I can do to make it up to her?

TL;DR version: Accidentally hit my girlfriend in circumstances that are IMO completely understandable. Not a violent person, but now she seems scared of me - anything I can do about it?

man i wish people would give you a chance. you made it clear that you hadn't intended to do it, and you seem very regretful. you know it was wrong and you are doing something about it for which i give you my respect. does your girlfriend know how much you regret it? try and explain everything about it to her. i'm sure you and your girl will find a way through this. good luck to you both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    Aren't you over-reacting slightly? If you listen to what the man's trying to say, his girlfriend isnt quite so open with him as before. She's not in hospital getting 23 stitches put into her face. It's all in context. I'm sure the OP didnt violently assault her, so its not one of those "psycho attacker" scenarios...
    Oh it's okay because she's not bleeding to death :top:
    ****ing lunatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Oh it's okay because she's not bleeding to death :top:
    ****ing lunatic.
    Again with the drama! Haha, I never said she was bleeding to death, nor did I swear. Someone getting frustrated?:rolleyes: Anyway, we're digressing so let's leave it be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    tell dat ***** to suk ur dik or get out

>…>

edit: Nice rep *****ezzzzz....

Edit2:

*****es i hope you know

i won't stop till i hit that hoe

hollywood undead bitccchessssssssssssss
    this made me l.o.l.

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand why everyone is replying with things like "it's no excuse" - as if he got some kind of reward for hitting her. Has the whole world gone mad? He's hurting because something went wrong in the relationship. It just seems like everyone here is using the "first a reflex reaction against his girlfriend, next he's blowing up shopping centres and killing babies" argument.

To the OP: I don't think many of the replies (from page 1 at least) are going to help you here. But to be blunt, I think the best thing you should try to take from this is learn from it. If you're going to have someone important to you dealing with things like this, you need to accept that it may at some point go wrong. My advice is, let her know you are really sorry, and show that you understand her feelings (if you actually do - don't make big presumptions). Don't hound her. Give her some space. If she loves you, she'll start replying again.

If she doesn't love you enough to come back, just use it as a learning experience and don't be too hard on yourself. That's what life is about (learning).

ReputationRep:
    Wait a second, was this a 'fling your arm out in reaction and accidentally clip her' or a 'punch to the face aimed to hurt whoever was touching you'? Because if it's the first, then she needs to get over it. If it's the second then mate, get on your knees and beg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    Wait a second, was this a 'fling your arm out in reaction and accidentally clip her' or a 'punch to the face aimed to hurt whoever was touching you'? Because if it's the first, then she needs to get over it. If it's the second then mate, get on your knees and beg.
    it sounds like the latter. Seems he was trying to zone out and let her touch his neck, but when she did his reflex, based on his past experience, was to hit whoever was touching him/hurting him(past experience has led touching his neck to be read as an attack by his brain).

It seems she knew this might happen, the idea was his girlfriend was trying to help him get over this sensitivity of people touching his neck.

Obviously he needs to sort this issue out, he's already apologised a lot by the sounds of it. I notice that actually more males are posting ridiculously aggressive/over the top replies and more females are being understanding. Maybe certain males on this forum are trying to act like knights in shining armour, jumping on him for the travesty of hitting a women, calling him disgusting. It's clear he didn't mean to hit her and is very upset himself, some people either need to learn to read OP's first post, ALL OF IT, or just not post if they've got nothing constructive to say.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.