Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    'We hate JoFo.' Is another chant I must point out. I must also point out a number of my friends live in JoFo. It's banter to hate them. I'm not sure I actively hate anyone.....like hunt them down :P

ReputationRep:
    Which hall/s would you recommend? I can't decide and need advice. I do know that i want catered in Oadby though.

ReputationRep:
    Where are most international kids rooming?
    What halls are best for third years?

ReputationRep:
    Just got my accommodation offer GMS Lasdun Block, Premium Single, Catered: my first choice
    Also, it says Floor 01, does that mean ground floor or one up?

ReputationRep:
    I've chosen Leicester as my insurance (only recently because i was still waiting on a reply from Warwick - which is my firm), and it says that you can't apply for accommodation unless/until you've chosen it as your firm. I'm worried that if I don't get into my firm choice, I'll end up with accommodation at Leicester that I really don't want, because of a lack of spaces left after I get my results. I've read that lot of people put down all self-catered accommodation choices, but they ended up with catered anyway, which I really don't want to happen !!

What's the availability of self-catered accomm. like after results? Is there any chance of applying for accomm. at both my firm and insurance just to be on the safe side??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachhh31)
    I've chosen Leicester as my insurance (only recently because i was still waiting on a reply from Warwick - which is my firm), and it says that you can't apply for accommodation unless/until you've chosen it as your firm. I'm worried that if I don't get into my firm choice, I'll end up with accommodation at Leicester that I really don't want, because of a lack of spaces left after I get my results. I've read that lot of people put down all self-catered accommodation choices, but they ended up with catered anyway, which I really don't want to happen !!

What's the availability of self-catered accomm. like after results? Is there any chance of applying for accomm. at both my firm and insurance just to be on the safe side??
    Obviously accommodation is limited. They don't have enough spaces in the popular halls or room types to be able to offer everyone what they want.

From what I can tell, most Unis appear to have similar policies and generally give preferential accommodation allocation to those who are *firm* choice applicants......... which is only fair if you think about it logically.

I don't think there is much you can do apart from apply as soon as you are allowed to if you miss your firm. If you end up in bad halls or catered there may also be the option of transferring room / accommodation type a few weeks into the term once a few students drop out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snap.Crackle.Pop.)
    Just got my accommodation offer GMS Lasdun Block, Premium Single, Catered: my first choice
    Also, it says Floor 01, does that mean ground floor or one up?
    Another GMSer, howdy! And it means one floor up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celph Titled)
    Another GMSer, howdy! And it means one floor up.

Hey Thanks, I didn't want to be on the ground floor! Which block are you in? If I remember correctly, Lasdun is the ugly lookin' one, but I'm sure it will be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachhh31)

At Leicester no there isn't. If it comes to it, you can just apply for city living? All of that is self-catered and there are tonnes of rooms there. You may get lucky and get one of the self-catered rooms if you apply pretty much on the day of results if you don't get into your firm but not into Leicester. Sooner the better as it is first come first served for room preferences.

Look on the bright side if you do get catered. You've got a room!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know how the application system works for conditional offer holders in terms of application processing?

I submitted my application in march when the system opened but the status of my application has remained 'submitted' and not been processed or confirmed at all. I understand they don't make an offer until the place is confirmed (offer conditons met), but I would have expected an application confirmation email or something?

I emailed them a week ago and still no response..... just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goerigi)
    i submitted by application on the 11th march. i still havent had an allocation. is it because i have a conditional offer? or are they being slow?
    Just out of interest, does your application status still say 'submitted' Or has it moved to being processed?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I applied on the online accommodation service more than 10 days ago, and my application is still being "submitted", not being "processed" yet. Is it normal ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErasmusStudent)
    Hi,

I applied on the online accommodation service more than 10 days ago, and my application is still being "submitted", not being "processed" yet. Is it normal ?
    Yes. Although if you are really worried give it a few days and then send them an email. I only say that as your username implies you'll be here for the one semester or year only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    Just out of interest, does your application status still say 'submitted' Or has it moved to being processed?
    its still on submitted. leicester said it doesnt get processed until my offer is unconditional, aka august :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goerigi)
    its still on submitted. leicester said it doesnt get processed until my offer is unconditional, aka august :/
    Completely natural and the majority of applicants will be in the same position.

Also to be honest, I think they will have already lined up the room for you and just won't go any further until results are in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Completely natural and the majority of applicants will be in the same position.

Also to be honest, I think they will have already lined up the room for you and just won't go any further until results are in.
    oh right ok thanks :3

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Leicester gives out lots of conditionals? Or if a lot of people get unconditionals, so the people with unconditionals get all the good accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medd)
    Does anyone know if Leicester gives out lots of conditionals? Or if a lot of people get unconditionals, so the people with unconditionals get all the good accommodation?
    They give conditionals if your place is CONDITIONAL of results... they don't give them out for fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrs_17)
    They give conditionals if your place is CONDITIONAL of results... they don't give them out for fun
    I bet they spin the wheel of fortune and depending on your luck you receive either rejection,unconditional or conditional offer ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrs_17)
    that's not exactly what I meant, was just trying to figure out if they were similar to Scottish unis in that the majority of offers they give are unconditionals,

therefore these people will get their accomodation now (and get their first choices) so a lot of the accommodation has been allocated already, and the people with conditional offers have a smaller chance of getting the accommodation they want

OR

if Leicester mainly give out conditionals and therefore most people are in the same boat and don't get allocated accommodation until August, so this would mean you had a better chance of getting the accommodation you wanted

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.