Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatoutthebag)
    Alcohol is a "drug". bizarre that you refer to strictly overuse of "drugs" but not of alcohol. Naturally i agree that overuse of drugs can have a hugely negative effect, but to say anyone who tries them lacks imagination is unwarranted. They could simply enjoy the feeling occasionally and it seems non-sequiter to correlate that with being unimaginative. Generally people or being boring or not boring regardless of whether they "do drugs". i dont mean for this post to be *****y or anything, jus saying.
    Yeah that "alcohol" part doesn't make much sense. It's just that stuff like a glass of good wine in front of a plate of pasta made just right doesn't quite taste like drugs for me
    I did generalize for no reason about smokers having no personal depth, but it's the conclusion I came to from observing the actions and lives of the smokers around me.
    Like you say smoking doesn't affect the boringness level of a person (unless they zombify themselves), it's more that initial boredom gets people to smoke.

To continue with the debate, I'd just like to add that smokers are just as condescending as non smokers. Everyone is entitled to whatever they want, though smokers aren't more relaxed due to their particular lifestyle. in fact I get the impression that their whole lives revolve around smoking and that as a result they get more defensive. I mean, The OP is named "Bongboy"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    Yeah that "alcohol" part doesn't make much sense. It's just that stuff like a glass of good wine in front of a plate of pasta made just right doesn't quite taste like drugs for me
    I did generalize for no reason about smokers having no personal depth, but it's the conclusion I came to from observing the actions and lives of the smokers around me.
    Like you say smoking doesn't affect the boringness level of a person (unless they zombify themselves), it's more that initial boredom gets people to smoke.

To continue with the debate, I'd just like to add that smokers are just as condescending as non smokers. Everyone is entitled to whatever they want, though smokers aren't more relaxed due to their particular lifestyle. in fact I get the impression that their whole lives revolve around smoking and that as a result they get more defensive. I mean, The OP is named "Bongboy"...
    Dude, just because my name on TSR is bongboy doesn't mean my life revolves around pot at all...it just means that I smoke cannabis...I think your blowing things way out of proportion on that one, one guy's TSR name Is the North Star, it doesn't mean his life REVOLVES around watching fist of the North Star....

Hmmm, at the end of the day, a glass of wine seems okay to you because you have been conditioned into thinking it is socially acceptable to drink, and socially unacceptable to smoke..I think that's the problem with some people that so strongly oppose weed...

You say you wine tastes good with some food? And the taste of drugs? Mate go pick up some Amnezia Haze or Strawberry Kush and tell me how good that tastes! And your pasta will go down even better after!

Dude, unless you live in a cave, you must surely know what a big problem binge drinking in this country creates on the weekends, when people are fighting eachother, shouting and screaming at eachother etc. your telling me their not on drugs!?!? :rolleyes: Get real buddy...

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to.....because I want to live my life full of experiences....just havn't had the oppotunity yet ...

ReputationRep:
    Because if I got caught smoking it, then it would jeopardise my future; with a criminal record, no good university or job will want you. I don't see the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hufflepuffer)
    Because if I got caught smoking it, then it would jeopardise my future; with a criminal record, no good university or job will want you. I don't see the point.
    Get it delivered to your house, and smoke it at home, you won't get caught...

Now that i've just given you that advice,I do hope your at least 18 years old! lol It's not for kids...if your an adult and can use it responsibly (much like alcohol) then it's actually SAFER.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    Dude, just because my name on TSR is bongboy doesn't mean my life revolves around pot at all...it just means that I smoke cannabis...I think your blowing things way out of proportion on that one, one guy's TSR name Is the North Star, it doesn't mean his life REVOLVES around watching fist of the North Star....

Hmmm, at the end of the day, a glass of wine seems okay to you because you have been conditioned into thinking it is socially acceptable to drink, and socially unacceptable to smoke..I think that's the problem with some people that so strongly oppose weed...

You say you wine tastes good with some food? And the taste of drugs? Mate go pick up some Amnezia Haze or Strawberry Kush and tell me how good that tastes! And your pasta will go down even better after!

Dude, unless you live in a cave, you must surely know what a big problem binge drinking in this country creates on the weekends, when people are fighting eachother, shouting and screaming at eachother etc. your telling me their not on drugs!?!? :rolleyes: Get real buddy...
    I can understand that smoking might feel good with all those different flavors but I've yet to see a moderate smoker. It's just a vague impression on my part that smokers only live to smoke, an impression I got from my mates. One of them had "That shisha guy" as his nickname for more than a year. The smokers only talked to him because he was a "provider"

You are right about alcohol in the UK, but where I come from it's almost no problem at all. When I first came here I too was disgusted by the binge drinking and the idiots getting wasted right after breakfast. Perhaps conditioning is the culprit here, as stoners might be less likely to cause harm in their vegetative state. But where I come from, it's three years in jail for possession, so I never tested that theory.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_starlight)
    I'd love to.....because I want to live my life full of experiences....just havn't had the oppotunity yet ...
    I don't know whether you intentionally made a pun out of your misspelling of opportunity...but I'm choosing to read it as a pun =D

ReputationRep:
    Get it delivered to your house, and smoke it at home, you won't get caught...

Now that i've just given you that advice,I do hope your at least 18 years old! lol It's not for kids...if your an adult and can use it responsibly (much like alcohol) then it's actually SAFER.
    I don't think it's worth the bother. It's illegal for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Tried to smoke Canabbis but canabis smoked you. Oh lord Canibus is the Illest lyricist alive. Search for "Canibus" on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink, smoke or take any other kinds of drugs. Value my health and don't need to alter my personality to have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm not a moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
    I like to be in control of my life rather than be addicted/ controlled by a plant thank you very much, same goes for alcohol and cigarrettes and most addicting things that make you loose control.
    Disclaimer:
    I'm completely not advocating drugs/trying to get negged/discrediting your response BUT...

If I were to play Devil's advocate...How can you claim to be 'in control of your life' If you sumbit to the media/societal value of 'don't do drugs' 'don't do drink' 'use protection' 'don't litter' 'protect the environment' etc...These values are absolutely drummed into us from the second we toddle unwillingly to school...I remember someone once asked me when I was younger 'Why do we recycle?' and instinctively i said 'to protect the planet' then I thought...wow I have no idea what 'protecting the planet' means..the notion of it is so vast, it's just words, indoctrination even?

Couldn't you say we're 'controlled' by what we're told is bad/good...?

Just throwing that out there...

ReputationRep:
    I smoke 1/8 a week but if someone doesn't want to then its their choice and I would never try to change their mind or ask them why they don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hufflepuffer)
    My thoughts exactly,good man/woman/werewolf (can't discriminate these days)
    though if it was made legal I would be baked at all times of day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffDee)
    Disclaimer:
    I'm completely not advocating drugs/trying to get negged/discrediting your response BUT...

If I were to play Devil's advocate...How can you claim to be 'in control of your life' If you sumbit to the media/societal value of 'don't do drugs' 'don't do drink' 'use protection' 'don't litter' 'protect the environment' etc...These values are absolutely drummed into us from the second we toddle unwillingly to school...I remember someone once asked me when I was younger 'Why do we recycle?' and instinctively i said 'to protect the planet' then I thought...wow I have no idea what 'protecting the planet' means..the notion of it is so vast, it's just words, indoctrination even?

Couldn't you say we're 'controlled' by what we're told is bad/good...?

Just throwing that out there...
    The government doesn't spend millions on those things for no reason... There are huge benefits to recycling or not being an addict, or unwanted pregnancies...

ReputationRep:
    The government doesn't spend millions on those things for no reason... There are huge benefits to recycling or not being an addict, or unwanted pregnancies...
    Yes yes of course I agree drugs ARE bad but I was just thinking about the idea of 'control' and how perhaps, in a way, the government can be as controlling as a drug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffDee)
    Yes yes of course I agree drugs ARE bad but I was just thinking about the idea of 'control' and how perhaps, in a way, the government can be as controlling as a drug.
    I see what you mean... but then everything exerts control on us, family, friends, cartoons even

I also like the idea of shooting Govt up my veins like a drug :bong2: lol

ReputationRep:
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    I think people who take drugs are losers. I don't want to be like those who do.

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean... but then everything exerts control on us, family, friends, cartoons even

I also like the idea of shooting Govt up my veins like a drug :bong2: lol
    Haha I envisaged Govt as being something you'd snort...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaUmarly)
    Because I'm not a moron.

Evidently you are if you automatically associate the very notion of doing cannabis with being a moron...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.