Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles Attacked Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baseballfan2010)
    Probably the only way a person would get shot is if he/she pulled a gun on the President, and then more likely he/she would just get tackled.

The police over here are very careful, but considering the assassinations and attempted assassinations in our history, I don't blame them. The President has a very important job to do. Keeping him and his family safe is of top priority (of course the royal family needs to be safe, too).

President Bush also faced protests (this one was after he left office):
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...h-calgary.html
    No shots fired, just people arrested.
    Yeah but that protest was outside the building he was in. If you were smashing windows on his car and even making physical contact with him (as is apparently what happened with Camilla) then I would not be surprised if firearms were used, they certainly wouldn't pussyfoot around health and safety.

I'm just saying protesters shouldn't have been able to get to the car and smash windows etc. It wouldn't happen in America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello dave)
    You're a total idiot if you think going to a good university makes you "posh". I'm not rich or posh, I just work hard. You're also an idiot if your think everyone at Cambridge is a virgin, you're doing the geekiest course in existence and since you brought it up I think it's probably more likely you are one. And for the record I have a gf so no i'm not.

No computer science is not geeky at all. Loads of girls in web design industry and programming industry. Maybe if you worked in it you would know. I've worked for Sony and they have loads of women there. I love the fact you needed to point out you have a girlfriend (who doesn't exist). Is she one of your imaginary friends you made up because you are so intelligent and think other people who are below you are too thick to tell the difference. The majority of graduates Sony take on are from universities between 25-60 in the ranking because the majority of higher up the table graduates can only do things in an academic way and are ****ed in the real practical world because they are book nympho's. And people why so many graduates are unemployed - its because they can't do practical stuff - they can only do things in exam format or when told.

And no I don't want to go to a good uni so 'it will give my prospective employer a boner', I want to go to one because they have the best facilities says who?, lectures says who? some bloke with a clipboard going around reviewing universities - ohhh Cambridge looks nice - lets put that at the top of the table :facepalm:and research and as an added bonus, no ***** like you.

Yes because you know everyone in the world to know that everyone doesn't like me. You think you know everything. Get your head out of your own ass for 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    No computer science is not geeky at all. Loads of girls in web design industry and programming industry. Maybe if you worked in it you would know. I've worked for Sony and they have loads of women there. I love the fact you needed to point out you have a girlfriend (who doesn't exist). Is she one of your imaginary friends you made up because you are so intelligent and think other people who are below you are too thick to tell the difference.
    lol. Sensitive subject again?

And yeah I know those things because I have visited loads of uni's, and it doesn't take a genius to see the differences. But sure, keep telling yourself its all based on some guy with a clipboard.

The majority of graduates Sony take on are from universities between 25-60 in the ranking because the majority of higher up the table graduates can only do things in an academic way and are ****ed in the real practical world because they are book nympho's. And people why so many graduates are unemployed - its because they can't do practical stuff - they can only do things in exam format or when told.
    Hmm, it's strange anyone goes to the best unis. No idea why they're so competitive.
    And seriously, shut up about Sony. No one cares.

Yes because you know everyone in the world to know that everyone doesn't like me. You think you know everything. Get your head out of your own ass for 5.
    You're cute.

Read it again. I never said no-one likes you. I said there will be no people like you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello dave)
    lol. < 5 year old msn chat :facepalm: Sensitive subject again? No. At least I know I've been laid without feeling the need to broadcast the fact I got a girlfriend over the net. I picture you as being Will off the Inbetweeners - a briefcase ****er up his own ass.

And yeah I know those things because I have visited loads of uni's, and it doesn't take a genius to see the differences. But sure, keep telling yourself its all based on some guy with a clipboard.

All the league tables are based on someone with a clipboard going around taking an annual report of everything at that university and also you don't know what university is better until you've actually been lectured there or had an experience as a student there.

All the league tables are a load of rubbish. It entirely depends on how the students uses what he/she has at his/her disposal.

I also find it funny how you've said you've visited loads of universities - there are over 100 universities in the UK. Any normal person with a job wouldn't be able to visit many so therefore I take it your unemployed.

Hmm, it's strange anyone goes to the best unis. No idea why they're so competitive.

Because people want to be able to say "I went to Cambridge/Oxford" with a smug look on their face as if they are better than anyone else. No they really are not. they normally lack any form of social interaction and can not get on in the real world. I've employed Cambridge and Oxford graduates and they haven't a ****ing clue in IT to be honest. I don't know about other industries but they are extreme nerds that no employer really wants. An employer wants a normal person with the skills, not a freak of nature nerd who loves books and goes home every night to practice binary and hex.

And seriously, shut up about Sony. No one cares.

Well why think you know better when clearly I have experience in the sector. You may know more about another sector and that's fair enough. To say no one cares is speaking on behalf of everyone else which you do not have the right to do.

You're cute.

You're gay.

Read it again. I never said no-one likes you. I said there will be no people like you there.
    No people like me. I know. I'm not a bookworm virgin. You enjoy your time at your posh university with all your yuppie colleagues - hope you do well and have a good time because when you come out and are scared in the real world because mummy and daddy are not around and you're a severe introvert due to having your head stuck in the book.

Basically like this.

I love how you are so smug and up your own ass - People in the real world will just put you in your place or **** you up on any occasion as you think you are always right when you are clearly not.

Enjoy your time with the privately educated posh [email protected] you will meet there. Even better you probably are one. You'll fit right in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    No people like me. I know. I'm not a bookworm virgin. You enjoy your time at your posh university with all your yuppie colleagues - hope you do well and have a good time because when you come out and are scared in the real world because mummy and daddy are not around and you're a severe introvert due to having your head stuck in the book.

Basically like this.

I love how you are so smug and up your own ass - People in the real world will just put you in your place or **** you up on any occasion as you think you are always right when you are clearly not.

Enjoy your time with the privately educated posh [email protected] you will meet there. Even better you probably are one. You'll fit right in
    hahahaha! Every single bit is priceless. Thanks for a good laugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMorley)
    Tell me how your democratic rights is being infringed by having a monarch, go on tell me...

The fact is the Prime Minister has all the de-facto power, he/she is the person giving the orders during times of crisis, he/she is the person who decides policy.

The Monarchy is an effective system of checks and balances and nothing more, it infringes on no one's right for democracy.

Oh and before someone jumps up and down and yells but we don't elect our head of state and so that's bad and we aren't free, Norway is frequently voted as the most democratic nation on Earth and guess what they have...yup a Monarch.

This was a disgraceful act of violence and would have been whether it was against a citizen or anyone else. What makes it more worrying is that this is the heir to the throne, that used to mean something....
    The very fact that we have to pay them is enough to affect your rights. And what equality means.
    You should look up the meaning of monarchy in the dictionary. Just that.
    I don't care if people vote a country without knowing about it. If Norway is the most voted it does not mean that it is the most democratic. Of course it was an act of violence but it looks like the event of the day. Many people are attacked (and killed, and raped) everyday. So stop making polemic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    Outrageous and embarrassing.

But also avoidable. Security/media etc probably had an orgasm when finding out that Royals were passing through, perfect opportunity to show up us pesky stupid students. I don't believe this was a total unorganised thing, from both sides.
    This is all a wicked comspiracy got up against innocent students by toffs, tories, media types, the world, the universe.

These students were really lucky, the protection officers could have shot them, like the guy who stopped Princess Anne's car in the 70's, time for a wake up call. Protest peacefully if you feel strongly about it, but attacking these two as well as the shoppers who were punched, and the taxi driver dragged out of his car (fortunately for him, some other kids stepped in and stopped him being attacked), just going about their business has put a stop to public support for the students.

ReputationRep:
    @jb9191
    I should probably have pointed out that I write commercial Web applications in PHP too... and I don't need 'plus2net.com'
    Also you do realise that I am running a server, not a home based computer...
    Haaaa! <sarcasm>Oh my goodness, a server you say? You must be good!</sarcasm>
    You have no idea how many Linux servers I look after, in this country and the US. Having a server does not make you an instant mystical Internet wizard.
    ...plus when The Student Room was down it came up with the back end paths which allowed me to find out the IP's.
    So you saved some IP addresses? Like my previous comment stated, you can't do anything with them besides find out the nearest endpoint. Useless.
    I then used commercial software to track the IP
    Ha haaaa! So this commercial software, does it have access to all UK ISPs secure log files? That is the only way you would be able to look up which dynamic IP address was used at a particular time by which customer, and then look up that customers details. Why not look up their bank details while you're in there? If your magical software does have this kind of access then all of those ISPs would have enormous security holes and be in SERIOUS legal trouble under the Data Protection Act. They would be shut down in an instant. Somehow I doubt this to be the case.

You are so wrong I am seriously embarrassed for you. You don't even seem to be able to use the 'QUOTE' tags properly in an online forum, so there is no hope. Honestly, you should probably just stop now and possibly reconsider your choice of course. You have given me a good giggle though, so I thank you for that.

ReputationRep:
    Just as an aside, she is not "Camilla Parker Bowles" - as Prince Charles does not have a surname, she is now Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (technically Camilla, Princess of Wales).
    You are, of course, entirely correct. I made a conscious decision to refer to her as such because everyone else does.

I think of her as the Duchess of Rothesay, being Scottish, though.

ReputationRep:
    I am still trying to get my head round this episode days afterwards. On balance in this particular episode I think the police were outstanding. Firing police shots in the middle of a crowded Oxford street with families shopping would have been disastrous. Yet for all the police knew this was an assassination attempt using the student riot as cover. Perhaps we should be grateful that the police were not riot police, that they assumed, correctly as it turns out that the students were not assassins, and on balance the best possible outcome namely that the Royals went to the show and no one was hurt except a car.

I am not confusing this with the kettling btw where I have a completely different opinion about police actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    The very fact that we have to pay them is enough to affect your rights. And what equality means.
    You should look up the meaning of monarchy in the dictionary. Just that.
    I don't care if people vote a country without knowing about it. If Norway is the most voted it does not mean that it is the most democratic. Of course it was an act of violence but it looks like the event of the day. Many people are attacked (and killed, and raped) everyday. So stop making polemic.
    Equality? There is no equality in the world, and though stuff like communism theoretically promises equality, it also somewhat suppresses individual rights (private ownership), and it's impractical in the real world anyway.

Let's face it, there's businessmen in Britain that makes way more money than the Royal Family. Also a larger portion of your tax goes toward welfare benefits to those who have nothing to do with you, don't know you, and probably never will. At least the Royal Family is a symbol of all things British, and goes up and down the country, as well as around the world to represent the nation, does those welfare benefiters even do anything?

Yes, they are the symbol of Britishness, like Presidents of the United States, and where did Obama get the funds to campaign around the US? Public donations. Okay so the Royal Family doesn't actually impact your life as much as Obama would to US citizens, but without making the Royal Family sound like an object, they are nevertheless what distinguishes Britain from most other countries, they are a part of the heritage of Great Britain as much as the Big Ben or Westminster Abbey.

Again, I'm not trying to make them look like objects, but they're a part of that Britishness. If Obama was attacked there would be a big hype, same story.

If you're still against them, hey, as I say there's people who're worthier of your anger than the Royal Family.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see what would happen if some hooligans tried to do that to the US President's limo. It would be Kent State all over again.

There's just something very symbolic about defiling a Rolls-Royce containing the future King and Queen, they shouldn't have let it happen.

ReputationRep:
    I think the biggest question is why they would be driving through the protestors anyway? It seems stupid and excessive to do so, especially if you're driving a rolls royce.

ReputationRep:
    It's been suggested they should have been riding in a less conspicuous and better protected car, apparentely that old Rolls isn't actually bulletproof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xesolor)
    Equality? There is no equality in the world, and though stuff like communism theoretically promises equality, it also somewhat suppresses individual rights (private ownership), and it's impractical in the real world anyway.

Let's face it, there's businessmen in Britain that makes way more money than the Royal Family. Also a larger portion of your tax goes toward welfare benefits to those who have nothing to do with you, don't know you, and probably never will. At least the Royal Family is a symbol of all things British, and goes up and down the country, as well as around the world to represent the nation, does those welfare benefiters even do anything?

Yes, they are the symbol of Britishness, like Presidents of the United States, and where did Obama get the funds to campaign around the US? Public donations. Okay so the Royal Family doesn't actually impact your life as much as Obama would to US citizens, but without making the Royal Family sound like an object, they are nevertheless what distinguishes Britain from most other countries, they are a part of the heritage of Great Britain as much as the Big Ben or Westminster Abbey.

Again, I'm not trying to make them look like objects, but they're a part of that Britishness. If Obama was attacked there would be a big hype, same story.

If you're still against them, hey, as I say there's people who're worthier of your anger than the Royal Family.
    There a greater sense of equality in a country where people choose their politicians than those where there are certain people who are born in some positions.
    The fact that communism failed does not mean that all ideas about equality are fated to fail. It would be an unfair generalisation.
    After doing some research I partially confirm the first statment of your second paragraph. Royal Family gave around 180 millions from treasury, however even when it is said that Royal Family costs 40 millions, it is not true as Royal Costs are subject to the Official Secrets Act. so there is probability that the cost/benefit might be harming the hard working British people.
    They represent the royalty,an entity beyond common people control with a past of wars, slavery and slaughtering.
    Presidents (stupid or not) come and go. Royalty remains regardless of your opinion. And that fact is beyond if you want them to remain or not.
    What distinguishes Britain from most countries is that British people are still holding their past for fear to a grey insecuro future. That's the difference.
    They are part of British heritage but that is not a justification for them to stay but they link to British past.
    You might not trying to look like objects but that's what they are. Objects. They for you and you for them. Like a symbiotic relationship based on dependence.
    If Obama was attacked it would affect people directly, if Royal Family was attacked it would not affect them so much (except in a emotional side for some persons).
    I'm not angry just I have my opinion regarding the matter. The fact that there are people worse that they does not make me forget them.
    I would agree if Royal Family, with the approval of British people, would become an activer part of Britain, their costs and benefits would stop being hidden (and would see if they really are as valuable as it is claimed), and only few members would benefit from public funding.

ReputationRep:
    People Charles & Camilla was a PSYOP & probably involved provocateurs like the 'amateur' cameraman who helpfully narrated telling us 'the duchess of cornwall' was being attacked...

Look at the route they took.
    They drove out of their way towards the protesters & stopped halfway for no reason with their windows down on a cold winter night.

Notice the security stand down for the photo op?

Please realise the students are symbolic for the mood of the British people, who support you, & that's exactly why you are being targeted by media & places like this forum which is crawling with paid disinfo & shills in my opinion.

Watch PSYWAR

Wake up to the dirty tricks being used against you & the British people by the real power which owns our government, media & police. You are being made an example of in order to demoralise you & marginalise you & scare the British people off from supporting you.

I believe this will fail & you are waking the British people up, but we must know our enemy. I have learnt about these techniques after studying 9/11, 7/7 truth, but these techniques are used routinely now after being openly recommended by government propaganda think tank DEMOS.

& if you really believe the Sax-Coburgs, sorry, Windsors, gave up their power after generations of murderous oppression against the British people, then please think again & do some research.

Google Rothschild. In particular the relationship between the 2 families.

www.infowars.com watch Alex Jones films ENDGAME

Invisible Empire by Jason Bermas who was involved in Loose Change & describes his wake up to the New World Order, which I imagine many people who were brutalised in London & then portrayed as violent rioters by politicians & media, are also waking up to the spell we have all been under...

I want to say to those who are nursing bruises & still in shock about how they have been treated, I feel for you, & salute you for your courage & dignity in spite of the way the police abused you.

The videos are clear about what was happening so please don't believe you are 1) alone 2) not supported 3) powerless.

This forum is crawling with people determined to undermine you. Learn to identify them. Pay attention to their motives. They become easy to identify once you know they exist & their goals.

Love to all x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    What distinguishes Britain from most countries is that British people are still holding their past for fear to a grey insecuro future. That's the difference.
    They are part of British heritage but that is not a justification for them to stay but they link to British past.
    I suppose it's one of the greatest rivalries brought up again - the subtle balance between heritage and progress. I personally don't see any conflict between the two, as nations have progressed perfectly fine while preserving their history, that which defines them. Personally I think the royal family have evolved far beyond recognition in the centuries since imperial times. The Royal family, as I see it, no longer stand for the authoritarian past, but for a modern Britain.

I mean, there's another conflict now, if the Royal family remain out of the political arena and simply stay as symbols of Britain, some may say they're doing too little, and taxpayers' money is spent on nothing. But if the Royal family goes back to being an active part of government, then there might be fears of reviving old systems.

Like all problems, it's a matter of whether you feel the investment is worthy or not, and on that everybody's opinion is different.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.