Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    Nice, so for saying that people who mistakenly kill 12 odd people and laugh about them aren't heroes makes me a judgemental *****? Since you just called me one makes you a tad judgemental doesn't it?
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    You should watch Generation Kill

This has been discussed in length on these forums. Basically things are different when your in a battleground. It's easy to observe these soldiers from an armchair and criticise what they do. You don't know what its like to be in a situation like that. It's fuelled on fear and this means mistakes happen, the soldier in the 3rd video is right, we shouldn't be there. At least we shouldn't in this capacity.
    Don't excuse murderers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Don't excuse murderers.
    It's not murder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    It's not murder.
    Yes, it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Yes, it is.
    No, it is not unlawful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    http://www.collateralmurder.com/

I cannot believe I hadn't heard about this before, so thought I would spread the word!

This angered me so much, these ****ing sick ***** better rot in hell. Sorry for swearing but when you watch the video you'll feel exactly the same way! :mad:

Unbelievable and unforgivable!!

EDIT:

Please also watch the eye-witness soldier video at the bottom, even if it's only the first couple of minutes. I do not believe that all soldiers are sick *******s, some deserve a lot of respect for what they do. But this soldier tells us that there are the good and the bad in the army, and that's all armys not just the US.
    I feel the same way as you. This disgusts me, but atleast you have the sense to realise not every soldier is a 'sick *******'. I get defensive over this because in sense you're calling me a future sick *******, which doesn't make sense when I find this video disgusting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.