Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    op is a misogynistic loser, we all know that

however i wont lie, alot of girls i've met are stupid as ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    This is ridiculous. I make you sick? **** off! I hate reality tv shows! No one knows all the ins and outs of it, only the Taliban do. They obviously had something against America to do it, not that they deserved it in any way!

EDIT: If the OP says that girls lack general knowledge from looking at tsr, then I can say that guys are assuming *******s who think they know everything! Oh wait, I won't say that because I'm not assuming.
    It's the fact you sum 9/11 down to "maybe?" that is truly sad.

(Original post by Bishamon)

...OP is a misogynistic loser...and yet you agree with him...er? :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Do other people find this to be the same with girls they meet, or guys?
    I do not know whether this has already been mentioned but in case not, this may be interesting for some here. In Germany, there has been a quite extensive survey where about 600000 (!) students participated. It yields similar results as mentioned here: on average, women know less. However, they know more in fields such as "culture". For instance, it was found that they are more aware of authors of certain books.

For those of you who would like to have the source (it is in German but google translator is your friend...): http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-65414116.html

Btw, I think it is shocking that some people here do not know what WWII was all about. This was the most significant historical event of the last century, if not millenium. It was not "just" a war.

ReputationRep:
    tbh, I think most young adults / teenagers nowadays have absolutely zero "general knowledge", and I'm talking about both GIRLS and BOYS.

I read the newspaper every single morning & I think I'm quite knowledgeable about history, geography, politics, etc. and it really annoys me how there's no one in real life I can discuss these issues with because they never know what I'm talking about :/

kind of depressing, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)

...OP is a misogynistic loser...and yet you agree with him...er? :indiff:
    Yeah its called being a human you dumbass. Opinions on many things may vary but a few may correlate.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its called being a human you dumbass. Opinions on many things may vary but a few may correlate.
    Chillax on the 'roid rage brah - it's the fact that you call him misogynistic and yet it is a view specifically on women that correlates. You have to appreciate the irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (ij))
    I do not know whether this has already been mentioned but in case not, this may be interesting for some here. In Germany, there has been a quite extensive survey where about 600000 (!) students participated. It yields similar results as mentioned here: on average, women know less. However, they know more in fields such as "culture". For instance, it was found that they are more aware of authors of certain books.

For those of you who would like to have the source (it is in German but google translator is your friend...): http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-65414116.html

Btw, I think it is shocking that some people here do not know what WWII was all about. This was the most significant historical event of the last century, if not millenium. It was not "just" a war.
    Oh wow, I could never have dug up something as solid as that to prove my point. Thanks loads buddy!

It also confirms that I am not a woman hater etc, but that I am simply right!

BOOYAH! :awesome:

Nope. OP is just right in this case. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha OP's a ****er!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    I was tired of people defending murderers that's all, and I believe that Jimbo1234 was one of them. Plus I'm not a member of the Taliban, I don't know how they think exactly. Also, again, the men are taking what I say out of context. You say that I sum 9/11 down to maybe. That sounds like I'm saying that it 'maybe happened'. No, I was saying that it was possibley provoked in an unjust way.

ReputationRep:
    im not even going to bother...the germany one was just ¬____¬

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree. I know many males who lack general knoweldge.

But, a female friend of mine thought Vietnam was a little town somewhere in Australia and couldn't understand why it would take 8+ hours to travel there :|

ReputationRep:
    My ex didnt know the second largest planet in the solar system is Saturn. What does that tell you? I've known that for longer than I can remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcas)
    Your an absolute idiot. Would you say this about race? Perhaps then I should only ask indians about curry making and bollywood dancing.

I just can comprehend how people like you still exist. Idiot.
    And I quote myself:

Anyone who negs me for this has serious issues with sarcasm detection
    Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of boys have a pathetic grasp of general knowledge as well. Face it, many people are ignorant.

I suspect you're just the type that ignores males ignorance and recalls female ignorance. Or perhaps you hang around with the wrong girls because you're shallow.

The only conclusion that I feel able to draw from this thread is that men are more likely to be sexist bigots. But that isn't really fair and I shouldn't get mean, I'm sure the tables would be turned in a matriarchy, and we'd all faithfully suspect that men were a little bit stupider, and recall examples of male foolishness etc etc

I think the OP must be ignorant of other cultures :p: otherwise he'd surely realise how much his views are dictated by current societal biases.

ReputationRep:
    THey lack general academic knowledge normally.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls just act stupid to get attention from boys...

ReputationRep:
    Sexist! I'm full of knowledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BambieWambie)
    Sexist! I'm full of knowledge
    What's the square route of 1?

But to be honest, it is always down to that person. To generalize that an ENTIRE gender 'lacks' general knowledge is ridiculous. In my experience, girls know lots of things, but just aren't as verbal as guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    I was reminded of this when a girl on TSR who was 20 had no idea what 9/11 was all about
    urgh, "9/11". you ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    What's the square route of 1?

But to be honest, it is always down to that person. To generalize that an ENTIRE gender 'lacks' general knowledge is ridiculous. In my experience, girls know lots of things, but just aren't as verbal as guys.
    Im not very good a maths but i know 1 doesnt have a square root

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.