Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anything your parents don't know about you that they really ought to? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I smoke.

ReputationRep:
    My mum still thinks my bf sleeps on the floor :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Gay and bi-sexual mean the same thing to parents who don't want to hear it.

Lol I imagine them like "Kids these days with there lesbianism malarkey and Ipads!"
    Lesbian?!?! I thought you were pisces!!!

ReputationRep:
    Reading all this makes me feel inexperienced!

I've smoked

ReputationRep:
    I put the cookies in the cookie jar

ReputationRep:
    that I waste time on TSR instead of finishing off my essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    My mum still thinks my bf sleeps on the floor :teehee:
    aww that's so....dunno the word escapes me.

But I mean even if you weren't in a relationship you wouldn't sleep on the floor surely!? Guess if you have a single bed...glad I don't. Not enough room in those.

ReputationRep:

But I mean even if you weren't in a relationship you wouldn't sleep on the floor surely!? Guess if you have a single bed...glad I don't. Not enough room in those.
    More fun that way

ReputationRep:

I only have a single bed so it's pretty cosy :sexface:. I just think she'd be happier in ignorance because she's commented in the past that she wouldn't be happy if my brother was having sex and they've been going out for a year now, so I figure the same disapproval would apply to me especially as I've been with my bf for a lot less...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Many serious things but they are the sort of things that I'm more comfortable telling my best friend than my parents.
    well I think pretty much everyone is like that, hence this thread. One or two things a few friends know which my parents don't but they're hardly major in the sense that they need to know.

ReputationRep:
    My mum, not really. She was a bit late with the whole drinking thing but that's about it. My dad on the other hand knows **** all about me and it's not as if I don't see him a lot.

ReputationRep:
    my parents dont know im straight... =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I only have a single bed so it's pretty cosy :sexface:.
    especially in Winter...?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    For my own safety, they should know I lie about my whereabouts. So instead of being at a sleepover, I'll be at some party or gig.

ReputationRep:
    I don't tell my parents anything anymore,

Because I got in one little fight and my Mum got scared,
    and said "you're moving to your auntie and your uncle in Bel-Air,"
    I whistled for a cab and when it came near,
    The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror...
    If anything I could say this cab is rare but I thought
    Nah forget it
    YO HOME, TO BEL-AIR!

ReputationRep:
    That I'm Lord Voldemort in a cunning disguise.....

ReputationRep:
    I skipped a lot of school to go drinking and the reason I was threw up everywhere in school just before my Latin exam was because I had downed monumental amount of Bud not because I was ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    What really happened to my laptop.
    I'm glad my parents don't about that in my case. I punched through the screen because I was angry with them. I told them it was under my duvet and I sat on it by accident so they paid for repair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    I'm glad my parents don't about that in my case. I punched through the screen because I was angry with them. I told them it was under my duvet and I sat on it by accident so they paid for repair.
    Mine "overheated"... luckily it was a Toshiba and they are known for overheating! I can't believe I physically attacked a laptop though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    Mine "overheated"... luckily it was a Toshiba and they are known for overheating! I can't believe I physically attacked a laptop though.
    You're in good company (Mines Toshiba too and overheats all the bloody time)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.