The Student Room Group

If we got rid of makeup, girls would be nothing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Lewroll

Lewroll: your pictures show that girls without make-up often look less attractive than with it on BUT does this mean they become "nothing" as the thread's title implies. Is a female's worth based entirely upon how attractive she is?
Original post by Lewroll

:eek:

Still would with all of them though... :rolleyes:
Original post by bluebell100
I very rarely wear make-up when I go out, does that mean I'm nothing? Lol :smile:

Contrary to the popular opinion, make-up and attention from men does not boost a girl's confidence or her self-worth. True confidence and self-worth lies in a girl's contentment with how God created her and her obedience to her lord.

Peace.

Amen!
Original post by rugbyladosc
Girls wear whatever they want as long as they're happy imo :smile:

I agree. As long as girls are happy does it really matter if they are wearing a full face of make up or none at all. It does make me sad seeing girls who do not feel confident to go out the house without wearing any make up but at the end of the day if they feel better with make up on then thats fine by me :smile:
Original post by xfactorfan
this includes other fakery like false eyelashes, hair extensions, hair dyes etc.

i know not all girls will care blah blah blah so don't tell me i'm generalising, i'm just saying 'girls' rather than 'some girls' because the latter would sound pathetic and wouldn't grab people's attention :rolleyes:

99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing some form of makeup, even if its just during the day. i know lots of girls who need to wear it just to go shopping or something stupid. seriously, what have you got to hide? :rolleyes: are you insecure because you know you're actually ugly and without makeup, you won't get eyed up by guys to fuel your incessent need for attention? :rolleyes:

i know i'm going to get girls now who say 'well i dont wear makeup in the day'. i'm sorry but don't deny that you do. even if its just eyeliner. like i say, 99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing makeup, even if its just eyeliner.

:smile:
Original post by DesignFreak
I don't wear any form of make up. (:
i'm ugly without with or without make up, i'm lucky i very rarely have to look at myself.
:P

You are beauty and I deeply love you. No jokes. Only love. :smile:
Original post by Jenii
Lewroll: your pictures show that girls without make-up often look less attractive than with it on BUT does this mean they become "nothing" as the thread's title implies. Is a female's worth based entirely upon how attractive she is?

To be fair all my mates (girls & guys) all pretty much act like how they look. The good looking ones definately act more confidently and sexy, so i would say looks are pretty much everything these days.
Original post by xfactorfan
this includes other fakery like false eyelashes, hair extensions, hair dyes etc.

i know not all girls will care blah blah blah so don't tell me i'm generalising, i'm just saying 'girls' rather than 'some girls' because the latter would sound pathetic and wouldn't grab people's attention :rolleyes:

99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing some form of makeup, even if its just during the day. i know lots of girls who need to wear it just to go shopping or something stupid. seriously, what have you got to hide? :rolleyes: are you insecure because you know you're actually ugly and without makeup, you won't get eyed up by guys to fuel your incessent need for attention? :rolleyes:

i know i'm going to get girls now who say 'well i dont wear makeup in the day'. i'm sorry but don't deny that you do. even if its just eyeliner. like i say, 99.9% of girls i see are clearly wearing makeup, even if its just eyeliner.

my morning routine (as a girl)

roll out of bed
turn off alarm
stumble downstairs to my bathroom
get in shower
take shower
get out of shower
go upstairs without having dried my hair
throw on some random clothes
stumble out the door
drive off to school

there is no makeup involved in the process. literally. i dont even wear any mascara or eyeliner. my friends and family always give me a hard time about it, but i don't care. i prefer the natural look. yes, my eyes pop on the four or five times a year i wear mascara, but it's just too much of a bother for me to put on mascara routinely. i'd rather be sleeping.
Reply 148
Original post by MilfsSonsFriend
To be fair all my mates (girls & guys) all pretty much act like how they look. The good looking ones definately act more confidently and sexy, so i would say looks are pretty much everything these days.

How shallow and depressing.
Original post by Dr. Manic Mechanic
Amen!

Ameen! (I'm a Muslim) :smile:
Original post by babygirl110
I agree. I don't know why people negged you.

People never want to hear the truth.

Thankyou :smile:
Original post by Jenii
How shallow and depressing.

I guess it is. But most people from all walks of life judge people based on their appearance mostly, or at least initially anyway. Well atleast all the people I have come across. I think if you are good looking you have a huge advantage over someone who isn't in all aspects of life. I could give countless examples of this in the workplace that I have recently experienced.

edit: If you or I looked better than we do at present we would get treated differently and in turn gain more confidence. Do you not agree?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by bluebell100
Ameen! (I'm a Muslim) :smile:

Meh be musalmaaan hoo.
Ap kesi hoo?
Reply 153
Original post by .Ali.
Or because of social aspects, norms, and other influences such as what's found attractive.

In some African communities, it's attractive to stretch your neck out. Here, that's seen as mutilation and isn't attractive. See my point?

Social norms do play a part in it. After all, the media, magazines etc are telling women that they ought to look a certain way, and this must be bad for a woman's self-esteem to be under pressure to conform like that.

But....these social norms still don't change the fact that a woman's primary tool in attracting a man is her looks....and therefore wearing makeup is a way to maximise her looks and therefore maximise her chances of attracting a man.

For men, it is his personality and confidence that are his primary means of attracting women, therefore there is no need for him to wear makeup.

So it goes beyond social norms and into the realm of what is effective to attracting the opposite sex. For women, it's her looks that are most effective (at first), hence she NEEDS to wear makeup. For a man it's not his looks, so he DOESN'T NEED to wear makeup.

Original post by .Ali.
It's not considered attractive for men to have full, pink lips, rosy cheeks, doe-y eyes. Therefore, they don't emphasize these features.

It is considered attractive (not by me, but society would have you believe every woman wants this :rolleyes:) for men to be muscular. Muscular women are seen as butch. Men are not naturally muscular, they have to work at it. Does this mean they're not naturally attractive?

Not sure what your point about a guy being muscular being synonymous with his level of attractiveness to women is here? I never said muscular men were more attractive to women.

As I've already said, it's a man's intrinsic confidence and personality that makes him attractive to women. Confidence can be worked on. Some men are naturally more confident than others. A man can improve his personality by becoming more interesting and a better listener and conversationalist etc.

So just as a woman can improve her looks, a guy can improve his confidence etc too. So both sexes can increase their general level of attractiveness towards the opposite sex by focusing on the areas that need work yeah.

Original post by .Ali.
That's an absolute lie. Sorry, but it is. Go photograph every females face without makeup, conduct a survey of everyone globally, and maybe then you'll have some evidence.

The evidence is all around us.

You know, I'm surprised and shocked that you women can't just drop your ego and admit that in general, women look better with makeup and that generally there are fewer naturally good looking women than naturally good looking men. You can dispute that all you like, but it's true. You just won't acknowledge it because you can't handle a guy (me!) criticizing you as a female.

Just admit it. I'm not looking down on women or anything. I don't like to sugarcoat the truth. I won't think any less of you if you admit what you know deep down.

Original post by .Ali.
And that's the same for a girl. If she's hot but she has no personality, he'll get bored.

Sure, any decent, self-respecting man will get bored of a hot girl who has a **** personality. But you'd be surprised what level of bull**** some men (not me, though!) will put up with just to be with a hot girl.

But the main point here is that hot women can get men's attention a lot easier than a hot guy can to women. A hot girl walking down the street will turn more guys' heads than a hot guy will with womens' heads. That's just the way the world works.

Original post by .Ali.
And an average looking girl with an amazing personality will do better than a hot d*ckhead.

In a long-term relationship, generally I'd agree with this point.

But INITIALLY....a hot looking girl will get more male attention than an average looking girl.

Original post by .Ali.
I Cleopatra was meant to be ugly, she did alright.

I can't comment on her because I don't know what she looks like, but what is definitely a fact is that you RARELY see ugly women with attractive men in our society today. Yet you see a lot of ugly/average looking men with hot girls. That's the only evidence I need to prove this point.

Original post by .Ali.
As would men.

Most men would initially choose the woman they consider best looking. In the long run, they'd be more likely to have a long term relationship with who they gelled with personality wise.

Women don't always choose the guy who is best looking initially; they tend to go for the guy who is most confident and who has the most interesting personality.

Original post by .Ali.
The same goes for a girl.

No, being average or ugly looking is a definite DISADVANTAGE for a girl. Sorry, but that's the truth. I'm not dissing women by saying this, I'm just telling you warts n all what the truth is.

An average or ugly girl will have to work a lot harder to get a guy, even if she has an amazing personality. This is because men generally initially overlook the average looking girls in favour of the hotter ones. No guy looks at a girl and thinks 'wow, I bet she must have an amazing personality'. Nope. We look at a woman and think 'she's hot' etc. Falling for a girl's personality comes later on when we get to know her.

That's just the way the world works I'm afraid. I do actually feel sorry for average/ugly looking women (provided they have a nice personality), because I know they got the short straw.

Yet, an average/ugly guy can make himself more attractive to women by increasing his confidence, since women will overlook much of a guy's shortcomings in his looks as long as he's confident. This is one of the huge advantages of being a man - it's easier for a man to compensate for his lack of good looks (by increasing his confidence) than it is for girl to do so.

But an average/ugly girl can't really do that...she can improve her confidence all she likes, but it can only go so far in getting men's attention. A lot of men will overlook her in favour of the hotter girls, so she will have to work doubly hard to get a guy. What I will say, though is that ugly/average looking girls with nice personalities make great long term girlfriends, these are the keepers (not that I'd know of course )

Original post by .Ali.
That is a gross generalisation and not true at all

See my point above. I'm afraid it's true.

Original post by .Ali.
Women are also attracted to guys because of their looks.

No, women are attracted to men who are ATTRACTIVE. A guy's looks are only a small part of him being attractive to women, as I've already discussed before in this thread. I'm not saying a guy's looks are totally irrelevant, but confidence and personality are higher up the list of traits that women look for in a guy to determine his level of attractiveness to them.

A woman's looks play a bigger part in how attractive she is to a man than a man's looks play in making him attractive to a woman. Why can't you see this? The evidence is ALL AROUND US in everyday life.

Original post by .Ali.
The same goes for women. Why can you not see that?

In the long run, I do think men go more for a girl's personality, but in the short term it's always the best looking women who get the male attention.

Original post by .Ali.
Covered this in the muscles and African neck stretchers thing.

I've already replied to this point above.
(edited 13 years ago)
sad but true - i would never leave the house with no make up on. I hate how i look without it :')
Original post by Jenii

Lol- i never said girls are nothing. The Op was stupid to say that. I was merely reading some of the other posts and wanted to show that some girls arent as attractive without makeup. No someones worth isnt based on their appearance. Come on guys, you know Lewroll wouldnt do that!
Reply 156
People don't care if girls wear make up. I don't that's for sure anyway...it's when they put on **** loads and a load of fake tan that they just look stupid
Original post by TheQuickestSilver
:eek:

Still would with all of them though... :rolleyes:

I'd only take vanessa hudgens, the rest of them are too old now. But if i had a time machine :perv:
Reply 158
Not reading 9 pages to check if anyones posted this but case in point:

(edited 13 years ago)
I was just speaking to my sister's mate and she said looks matter more lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending