Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawza)
    I do not believe anyone is ‘Priced’ out of labour markets in this country. I believe people are just lazy.
    With statements like this you confirm the worthlessness of your contributions here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimme More)
    Democracy itself is the root cause of the problem.
    Democracy is not the course of the problem. If the people voted on the policies instead of being decided by parties, you think they could ever get the increase in tuition fees through. lol you are having a laugh.

What we have is not democracy. Democracy is the rule of the people this is not.

ReputationRep:
    With statements like this you confirm the worthlessness of your contributions here.
    How lol. People being lazy is nothing to do with politics. People are wage salves now that is true and it is because of the Democratic system.

But British people are lazy too mate. You can not hide the fact.

I am centre left and i still got to admit it lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acerbic)
    They aren't humane, but they are human beings. Curious I know, what with their being so devoid of the basic characteristics of humanity, but true not the less.
    This cannot make sense unless you mean to suggest they are a group of clinical sociopaths (according to various definitions of that term).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawza)
    Let me first say something, do not listen to them that the violence is a bad thing. Radical politics often facilitates change, they are going to have to kill people and become a full dictatorship or change. If you look at America the have exported their blood shed to south America by over throwing democratically elected regimes to gain wealth by creating and exploiting economic markets. Britain has done the same with the exploitation of Africa with the slave trade and the stealing of natural resources, and in Hong Kong with the Heroine trade.

The last radical exploitation was in Iraq for both of these nations. Nevertheless, the world is changing people are realising the truth because people know longer live in a context of ignorance due to a lack of education. Therefore, it is harder to manipulate people.

You have to ask yourself why are they reducing education to the poor and increasing profitable capitalist markets. The economic might of china is frightens them. Furthermore, remember only East Coast China is a 'free market' they are not working know where near full capacity. This conquest for financial and world might has devalued the importance of us the 'citizens'. A change needs to happen but it is not communism, it is developmental democracy. The emphasis needs to be on Eudemonia like the one the ancient Athenians believed in. We need to flourish as human beings. We need to be invested in and believed in, and to have and active role in our society. The conservatives are just offering us a false sense of this to reduce cost, their 'big society' is all a joke.
    such nonsense

ReputationRep:
    This is disrespectful on far too many levels.
    Know one like the truth go learn your political history and see if what am saying is not true. Capitalism was built through the exploitation of others. When the exploitation becomes too much people revolt, they pass new laws dress it up to make it seem that the system has ‘changed’ and they move onto exploiting a new target. They use to exploit black slaves, hell they even say the abolishing of slaves was impossible and that it was an economic necessity, they also said giving women tha vote would cause problems because their emotionally unstable. They present their ideologies as facts and u cannot deny that is not true.

Now this exploitation has moved to the poor. Globalisation help export the exploitation to other countries. Maybe because am centre left u may not agree with me but this is how I feel is my political stance. I have formed my ideas through research I wont change them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    such nonsense
    So, the exploitation of people from imperialism to capitalism is rubbish ?

How you are goner change and evolve the state of things, when you think international relations is rubbish. You think world policies do not affect internal policies and vice-versa.

ReputationRep:
    no, they're politicians. politicians aren't human.

ReputationRep:
    a conservative government only care about making the rich, richer
    and the poor, poorer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawza)
    So, the exploitation of people from imperialism to capitalism is rubbish ?

How you are goner change and evolve the state of things, when you think international relations is rubbish. You think world policies do not affect internal policies and vice-versa.
    I was commenting on the vitriolic shambles of an attempt that person had made at trying to rouse people into revolution

revolution against the so-called capitalist 'evils' (something you clearly subscribe to by having a computer and an internet connection) does not equal international relations

It really is about this time that I'm becoming quite bored of sweeping generalisations and damaging assumptions

ReputationRep:
    protestors fail L2 revolt you idiots you don't even have guns and you pretty much expect the government to take a policy U turn based on a few people standing around with signs / breaking a few windows

you know normally i'd say politicians are the ones out of touch (i still think they are btw) but in this case i'll say the protestors are out of touch they are completely deluded if they actually think the government were going to change their mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    protestors fail L2 revolt you idiots you don't even have guns and you pretty much expect the government to take a policy U turn based on a few people standing around with signs / breaking a few windows

you know normally i'd say politicians are the ones out of touch (i still think they are btw) but in this case i'll say the protestors are out of touch they are completely deluded if they actually think the government were going to change their mind
    If they won't bow to the will of the people they'll be removed.

ReputationRep:
    I just watched a live Q and A session with the Home Secretary, Teresa May, making statements about the student protests and have to say I am stunned by the display of illogical emotion I witnessed.

Apart from perhaps two MPs - not one person stated, addressed or asked why these protests have taken place.

I overestimated these individuals' propensities for compassion. I don't even know where to start to describe what I mean. It is as though these people believe they are legitimate representatives of the people, having the mandate of the people, even after they've been shown that nothing can be further from the truth!

The argument being put forward is that a hard core of violent activists infiltrated peaceful protests in order to perpetrate criminal acts! I mean, what kind of mentality would rationalize things in this way?

This so called hard core of trouble makers exists? Where are they then? What makes them suddenly appear? Where were they during the Blair/Brown years? According to the Tories, and even if you ask me, I'd say there was plenty of reason for angry protest under the last government, and yet we did not see this level of animosity.

Teresa.

You need to ask yourself a simple question.

Why is this happening?
    The tories are humans. The government today has brought common sense back.
    I would like to know when the riots occurred during the bLIAR and Brown era:

Labour's legacy is basically, debt and war.

ReputationRep:
    or are they dancers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    The tories are humans. The government today has brought common sense back.
    I would like to know when the riots occurred during the bLIAR and Brown era:

Labour's legacy is basically, debt and war.
    You haven't answered the question.

If Labour were so bad for this country (and I agree that in the case of their pro-EU stance they were), why didn't we see 16 and 17 year olds destroying 30 Millbank Tower back then?

Two million marched against the war in Iraq. Where was the phantom violent minority then?

Surely they had a better opportunity to do cowardly damage being surrounded by millions of protesters!

Where was the animosity?

Tell me why within a few months of being elected, the Coalition Government has already faced the worst rioting this country has seen for many decades, and at the hands of middle classed teenagers?

ReputationRep:
    Capitalist cyborgs, the lot of 'em.

Disclaimer: irony was used in the making of this comment. But not much.

ReputationRep:
    If they won't bow to the will of the people they'll be removed.
    what if the two main parties agree on an issue but the people disagree with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    what if the two main parties agree on an issue but the people disagree with it?
    The two main parties will need extra security.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mya369)
    No, they're giraffes.
    Wow your so funny.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't answered the question.

If Labour were so bad for this country (and I agree that in the case of their pro-EU stance they were), why didn't we see 16 and 17 year olds destroying 30 Millbank Tower back then?

Two million marched against the war in Iraq. Where was the phantom violent minority then?

Surely they had a better opportunity to do cowardly damage being surrounded by millions of protesters!

Where was the animosity?

Tell me why within a few months of being elected, the Coalition Government has already faced the worst rioting this country has seen for many decades, and at the hands of middle classed teenagers?
    Labour were bad for this country. They left a mess. A trillion in debt, a deficit that is billion, on top of this this there is interest. The coalition government inherited this mess. Labour ****ed up during the "good times", someone has to do the dirty work and they are kicked down. No riots.

Where did the money go? What happened? Why did the UK need to borrow during the "good times"? How can it be "good" to borrow at that amount?

Yes, the banks are to blame. It cost the UK £73 billion to save them. If sold, there would be a neat profit. This does not equate to a 13 year systematic abuse of finances.

Millions didn't want the UK to go to war. Labour decided differently, in fact bullied their own MPs to support it. That party curbed civil liberties, now claiming they are all for it.
    Yet there were no riots. I am puzzled as well.

You ask why there is animosity? Because people are beginning to realise that you can't have everything and the UK is ****ed. It seems to me, let's kick the person down who is trying to sort out the mess.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.