Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an UNCONDITIONAL for interactive media design! hell yea!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to lorinbosoc and jamyd0dger

jamyd0dger, have you applied to anything else?
    Interactive Media Design is my first choice so I most likely will accept it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meemy)
    Has anyone heard back from just English?
    It's my first choice and still nothing back! aaarggh

I've got a conditional to Dundee though
    Hey, I applied for both English and film and English on its own and I've not heard anything yet. It doesn't seem like they've given offers for those courses yet and I just wish they'd hurry up!!

ReputationRep:
    Found out my advanced English teacher's son got an unconditional to Napier so that'd be cool if I bumped into him one day! I personally still haven't heard anything. Whenever I hear that a friend got an offer from a Uni I feel happy for them but at the same time I'm really jealous, for example I found out one of my friends has got student accommodation sorted and I've still not heard a thing!

ReputationRep:
    i've applied for accounting&finance. Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meemy)
    Has anyone heard back from just English?
    It's my first choice and still nothing back! aaarggh

I've got a conditional to Dundee though
    Thats what i've applied for, just English, but still nothing back
    OH, and i have a conditional too for Dundee! English and Film studies thoughh

ReputationRep:
    Apart from offers, which student clubs/societies would you choose?
    You can find them on this web site

ReputationRep:
    anyone applied for criminology? my gf did and she didn't receive an answer yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OndrejC2)
    Apart from offers, which student clubs/societies would you choose?
    You can find them on this web site
    Gaming Soc, definitely! Decided that before I even sent off my UCAS

ReputationRep:
    Maybe me too, but I prefer playing racing games to playing Counter Strike, but we will see. I am thinking about Napier TV - something behind camera or in staff coz I dont want to act in front of the camera :-D

And from sports I like the cycling club - but is focused on downhill, or freestyle, that is not what I am looking for - I would prefer som longer journeys

I am kind a computer person, but know I need to get into some sport club to keep myself fit. I will see there, whether there would be a time for this.

ReputationRep:
    Never looked at sport, I'm pretty lazy, but noticed they do Aikido which I used to do ages ago but had to stop because there was nowhere nearby that did it. Might pick it up again if I go to Napier

ReputationRep:
    just got an unconditional offer for a MSc in marketing !
    Can' t wait to start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariak)
    Can' t wait to start
    Yay, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariak)
    Can' t wait to start
    MARKETING !!! Amazing! Congratulations

(Original post by anakintoast)
    Never looked at sport, I'm pretty lazy, but noticed they do Aikido which I used to do ages ago but had to stop because there was nowhere nearby that did it. Might pick it up again if I go to Napier
    Aikido... hmm I used to do Karate, have to consider :-D

ReputationRep:
    Thinking a lot about my current situation. My first offer was Dundee asking for AAB which is what I am predicted. I am not likely to go to Napier, even if I do get an offer as I want a uni that is respected for English. I am sure Napier is fantastic for Media-type courses and such like, but I haven't heard much positive in the way of studying English there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure, each university is good in some courses and in some not. You know for "kind of second-city-uviversities" like Napier or Heriot Watt it is more difficult to compete to the city universities like - Edinburgh Uni, Glasgow and so on. Napier changed its name to Edinburgh Napier to get more reputation - at least employees would know were you have done your degree.

But I like Napier and if you like Dundee, go there. I have heard about their funny accent

BTW: Scottish accent is my favorite and I hope I cold speak like that in 4 years!!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to do Digital Media at Napier and I still haven't heard anything back from them yet, at first I thought it was English courses sending out their offers first and leaving IT and Media, but going by this post it seems that its quite hit and miss. Congrats to everyone who has offers though!

ReputationRep:
    (i'm going to ask again sry) did anyone receive an offer for criminology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalelouden)
    Hey! I applied for that course aswel!
    I have also applied, anyone heard back yet xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antoastew)
    I applied to do Digital Media at Napier and I still haven't heard anything back from them yet, at first I thought it was English courses sending out their offers first and leaving IT and Media, but going by this post it seems that its quite hit and miss. Congrats to everyone who has offers though!
    Yeah! Digital Media, we will see each other in september Why did you choose this particular course?

BTW: I have found, for those who are dying for any information or news from Napier,
    interesting mini-tour campus videos made by NapierTV (ex Napier Subculture).
    Check them

Merchiston campus:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIeL9SXEsfQ (starting at 2:38)

Craiglockhart campus:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e82h0-etDkc (starting at 0:56)

Craighouse campus:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NQBRAhboUU (starting at 1:30)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.