Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do the super fit girls like House/Dance music while the ugly girls like Rock? Watch

(Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
      Yeah I don't care about the videos.

Have you ever been to a rock gig

I met the most amazing girl at a Muse gig. She was genuinely one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever met.

Not to mention without stereotyping too much the House/Dance chicks tend to be .... let's just say less intellectually stimulating.
      As long as they are penis stimulating at the end of the night i honestly don't care.

ReputationRep:
      OP, don't make me laugh.

(Original post by Hot.Chocolate)
      HAHAHAHAHA. i love this thread.
      i think it's bcs fugly girls try to find a way to hide themselves.. so since rock ( wootttaaa **** music) makes u dress weird n act weird or waeva.. so it's like a camouflage

ReputationRep:
      Because the whole Slipknot subculture is basically repressive desublimation; lashing out at society by buying into the darlings of the commercial machine. Those who do not feel they 'fit in', perhaps, though not always, due to their appearance, are naturally drawn to such marketing ploys; i.e. creating a subculture in which they can belong where mainstream society may have rejected them.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by a_t)
      I find them very bland, its a personal thing, the only song of theirs I really like is new born and I think that's because I really love haute tension, and its a very prominent song in that film
      Well my guitar teacher loves them. So after years of playing the songs in lessons I've grown to love them too

ReputationRep:
      Zooey Dechanel

Rock wins.

ReputationRep:
      Scene guys and girls seem to exist just to negate this whole theory.

Here you go, girls who dress like ****s (?) and wear makeup AND go to rock/metal gigs!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Broderss)
      she really doesn't. she looks like a bloke. and she doesn't even dress well. at least make an effort to look fashionable/attractive you ****ing whore.
      She is not a whore. You f*ck a whore. You make sweet love to Alison Mosshart, then thank God for creating a woman so perfect.

Some people...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      I love Slipknot, Korn, Muse, Metallica, AFI, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil etc...

I also like Pendulum, Armin van Burnen, Basshunter and others...

Do people not normally like both? I like to party, and I also like to jump around my room and headbang.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Claire_Spoon)
      Does that mean listening to dance music would make me hot? :ninja:
      i'd probably be more likely to do you.

but that's probably more due to the fact you'd never see me at a rock 'gig'.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bubble Toes)

You're all missing the point anyway... rock/metal guys = :coma: (not with long hair though). Metrosexual down at Ministry... :camp:
      mmhm this. I went to bullet for my valentine and atreyu on sunday and needless to say :sexface:
      apart from this one real sweaty topless man who looked half-gorilla judging by his back hair lol!

ReputationRep:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnZff...eature=related

point disproven.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sonny_J_D)
      Zooey Dechanel

Rock wins.
      :coma:

ReputationRep:
      lol how the **** is this looking 'hard'?

i mean, i am literally rock hard right now, but in what sense does this thread directly correlate positively to toughness?
      Funny stuff...

I'll rephrase. Anyone can argue a bigoted point from behind a screen.

ReputationRep:
      Same goes for guys too I guess. You always see the ugly societal rejects (greebos) go to rock concerts, or 'gigs' (a few hot people too, but generally pretty ugly), but in big House/other Dance parties nearly everyone is super hot with the ugliest people there being moderately above average. Why is this?

Case in point:

vs

Explain.
      In the first video, it is exactly that, a video made to be put to that music, they were never going to put in ugly people in it were they?
      And the second one is of the backs of people's heads. How can you really comment on how they look?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
      Funny stuff...

I'll rephrase. Anyone can argue a bigoted point from behind a screen.
      Would you prefer I make an appearance on Loose Women or perhaps take to the streets and protest my argument?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jimcatinnes)
      In the first video, it is exactly that, a video made to be put to that music, they were never going to put in ugly people in it were they?
      And the second one is of the backs of people's heads. How can you really comment on how they look?
      no, the music is a mix made by some dj while the footage is taken from clubs with ordinary people. the guy who uploaded the video decided to use that footage to go along with the mix.

ReputationRep:
      People still use the word 'Greebo'? Does this make the fans of House/Dance 'Townies'?? Welcome to 1999.

Pretty sure this is a case of a difference in the stereotypical image of the two groups and preferences for one over the other. As for girls who like dance actually being better looking - sure some are great, but you encounter just as many munters in night clubs, and the same can be said for Rock show/clubs and 'alternative' night clubs

ReputationRep:
      no, the music is a mix made by some dj while the footage is taken from clubs with ordinary people. the guy who uploaded the video decided to use that footage to go along with the mix.
      yeah, they decided to use that footage, for all you know there could have been a whole load of ugly people in that footage as well that was cut.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hogso)
      People still use the word 'Greebo'? Does this make the fans of House/Dance 'Townies'?? Welcome to 1999.
      Ah haha, so true! Good times.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jimcatinnes)
      yeah, they decided to use that footage, for all you know there could have been a whole load of ugly people in that footage as well that was cut.
      I highly doubt that though, don't you?

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.