Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The Harry Potter books are better and the Lord of the Rings films are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g-singh)
    Does anybody know when the Hobbit will be made into film and the release date approximately?

(Quote me to reply)
    Filming starts in February, and it's scheduled for a December 2012 release...

ReputationRep:
    hairy potring and the phil spelt phil ovary poo

ReputationRep:
    actually ive changed my mind, i prefer Slugging in Seattle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Lord of the Rings for both films and books. I like the Harry Potter books, but they're not a touch on Tolkien's work.

Similarly, Harry Potter has not had much of an influence on Modern Fantasy as Lord of the Rings; the latter pretty much created High Fantasy whilst the former just works within an already established genre, which the author takes little notice of and it takes little notice of her.

Lord of the Rings will always be the more influential work.

It's not a trilogy and you make me laugh with the latter point. The book is over 50 years old and is still one the most influential and popular books in the world.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Films - LOTR
    Books - HP

ReputationRep:
    This blows my mind.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.