Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does everyone hate the BNP? im not an indigeonous brit... Watch

ReputationRep:
    ...?

Although I do agree that in a multi-cultural society British Culture should be preserved and celebrated at least as much as others.

And if we truly do live in a democracy then the Government should address the "immigration problem" as it has consistently been polled as one of the most important issues in modern day British politics.

That being said, the BNP defiantly is no the answer, and tbh it wont even be around to long at this rate. The party is falling apart from the inside after the GE flop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Barksy, have a look at the Islamic Empire. Whilst Europe was still in the dark ages, they were leading the way in research, science, philosophy etc...
    Avicenna and Al Farabi, two of the more original philosophers, were not part of an 'Islamic Empire'. They were born outside of the various Caliphates in Khorasan, which today is in Afghanistan. Ibn Khaldun lived in the Maghreb, not under an Empire. So, you cannot say these philosophers came about at the height of Islamic power.

Access to Greek learning was important to these philosophers, as it was to "Western" philosophers. An early example of this is St Augustine. One of the major early Western philosophers, Augustine of Hippo was born in what is now modern day Algeria in the 4th Century AD, and he too had access to Greek text.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twl)
    Avicenna and Al Farabi, two of the more original philosophers, were not part of an 'Islamic Empire'. They were born outside of the various Caliphates in Khorasan, which today is in Afghanistan. Ibn Khaldun lived in the Maghreb, not under an Empire. So, you cannot say these philosophers came about at the height of Islamic power.

Access to Greek learning was important to these philosophers, as it was to "Western" philosophers. An early example of this is St Augustine. One of the major early Western philosophers, Augustine of Hippo was born in what is now modern day Algeria in the 4th Century AD, and he too had access to Greek text.
    I am not sure what that has to do with what he said.

He didn't say that the Islamic Golden Age was created by Muslims without the help of the works of others in previous ages.

ReputationRep:
    I live in London, and in my economics class in college, I was the only white person in a class of 19. I don't see how that's a good thing. I've just moved back to London, after growing up in the West Country, and I am shocked by the situation. I also lived in Bristol for a few months inbetween, and the immigration situation there was perfect. It was about 90% white British, thus immigrants were forced to integrate and become westernised to an extent. Here in London, they have their own weird accent, few of them accept white people into their friendship groups. I'm lucky I go to a college that is fairly tolerant. I know a white girl at a local college who was bullied for being white. I don't believe that anyone should be persecuted or bullied for the colour of their skin, but I find it unbelievable it has got to the point where the people who are indigenous to the country are being bullied for it. I feel immigration has caused many of the problems we have in society today - people just don't feel it's Britain anymore, so they don't want to strive for the country, due to a loss of sense of national identity. Remember we are now living in a country where councils tell us to take down England flags during the world cup, and we are apparently racist for opposing immigration.

F*** this I'm off to Australia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    I live in London, and in my economics class in college, I was the only white person in a class of 19. I don't see how that's a good thing. I've just moved back to London, after growing up in the West Country, and I am shocked by the situation. I also lived in Bristol for a few months inbetween, and the immigration situation there was perfect. It was about 90% white British, thus immigrants were forced to integrate and become westernised to an extent. Here in London, they have their own weird accent, few of them accept white people into their friendship groups. I'm lucky I go to a college that is fairly tolerant. I know a white girl at a local college who was bullied for being white. I don't believe that anyone should be persecuted or bullied for the colour of their skin, but I find it unbelievable it has got to the point where the people who are indigenous to the country are being bullied for it. I feel immigration has caused many of the problems we have in society today - people just don't feel it's Britain anymore, so they don't want to strive for the country, due to a loss of sense of national identity. Remember we are now living in a country where councils tell us to take down England flags during the world cup, and we are apparently racist for opposing immigration.

theres nowhere we can go, currently its only half as bad in australia but immigration rates are through the roof there. remember theyre a nation of immigrants so they feel better about immigration than us and the Labor Party are in power there so i reckon they will become an islamic republic before even us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    if the BNP get into power they'll ethnically cleanse britain of coloured people, but at least they may be compensated and will move to a part of the world they may still feel at home as its their origin.

if the BNP dont, britain will be ethnically cleansed of white people, but white people wont be compensated, are more likely to face more competition for jobs for people who'll do it for less, and will be forced into living in a society they have nothing incommon with anyone and dont fit in.

whats worse?

in the 80s if you voted BNP you were racist because coloured people lived amongst whites without making white people feel like they dont fit in, and even assimilated into british culture.

nick clegg worked for Survival International, a charity which protects the culture, the way of life and the land of indigeonous peoples such as the aboriginals in australia, and the amazonian tribes. why doesnt he care about the culture of the indigeonous british people, which I, as a Pole 3 generations ago, assimilated into?

SOMEBODY is gonna be ethnically cleansed. immigrants are coming in too high numbers to be able to to integrate and seculalrlise. if they integrated into BRITISH SOCIETY and secularised everything would be ok
    I am a British citizen. I have lived in this country my entire life. My first language is English and the only home I have ever had has been in the UK. My friends are here, my school is here, my job and LIFE are here. For the simply reason that I am a "second generation immigrant", I will be deported if the BNP are elected. Do you think this is fair? I would be deported to where my parents are from, Syria, where my qualifications are useless and competition for jobs is fierce.

What about if I told you that my skin is whiter than most? Will that comfort you? Will that make you accept me into your ethnically cleansed society? After all, most psychologically advanced people don't have a problem interacting with people of different backgrounds and ethnicities, so most people are mixed race in some way, shape or form. How will you differentiate these people?

The bottom line is this: we have moved into the 21st century. Stop with your backward thinking that a country belongs to a specific race of people. A country belongs to the people who work hard to be in it, who love it and who appreciate it. The only people who should be deported are the criminals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deema)
    I am a British citizen. I have lived in this country my entire life. My first language is English and the only home I have ever had has been in the UK. My friends are here, my school is here, my job and LIFE are here. For the simply reason that I am a "second generation immigrant", I will be deported if the BNP are elected. Do you think this is fair? I would be deported to where my parents are from, Syria, where my qualifications are useless and competition for jobs is fierce.

What about if I told you that my skin is whiter than most? Will that comfort you? Will that make you accept me into your ethnically cleansed society? After all, most psychologically advanced people don't have a problem interacting with people of different backgrounds and ethnicities, so most people are mixed race in some way, shape or form. How will you differentiate these people?

The bottom line is this: we have moved into the 21st century. Stop with your backward thinking that a country belongs to a specific race of people. A country belongs to the people who work hard to be in it, who love it and who appreciate it. The only people who should be deported are the criminals.
    i understand that. but, whilst you wouldnt mind if a few white, british atheists who love alcohol and pork made their home in syria, BUT you wouldnt be comfortable if tomorrow you visited syria and the WHOLE country was changed over night. say we turned syria into a white, atheist, booze and pork loving country , would you mind that?

ReputationRep:
    i understand that. but, whilst you wouldnt mind if a few white, british atheists who love alcohol and pork made their home in syria, BUT you wouldnt be comfortable if tomorrow you visited syria and the WHOLE country was changed over night. say we turned syria into a white, atheist, booze and pork loving country , would you mind that?
    You obviously know nothing about Syria. There is a wide population of Christians, Jews AND Atheists, all of whom drink, eat pork etc. I regularly pass pork butchers and alcohol suppliers in Damascus (the capital) when I visit. Most of them, however, prefer grouping together, not unlike in the UK, to form their own towns. My grandmother's house faces a mosque and a church built side by side. The prayer calls are 5 times a day and the church bell rings on the hour. So to answer your question, I absolutely don't mind. As long as those people continue to respect the country and work hard to be in it I don't have a problem, nor does anyone else I know. Tolerance is a wonderful thing.

ReputationRep:
    A very good friend of mine at college is Indian. I have no problem with him. Why? He's westernised. He dresses like a western person. He speaks like one, none of that daft accent immigrants have invented in London. And most of all, he doesn't see skin colour as a problem. The huge problem is that 90% of the immigrants who come here are just as racist as the BNP. They have no interest in making friends with white people. And why? Because they can. Why can they? Because as there's so many of them, they set up their own community based on skin colour, and don't let white people in.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    People are idiots. If you speak about how people from other cultures way of life, well that means that people of different cultures are no different than the anglo saxons/the french/vikings/romans who changed the culture to what you now long for. (Romans were the people who brought christianity to england in the first place) So if you accept that you lose the argument, unless it is about race and other factors.
    Plus anyway say what you want but I'll just vote for a different party that'll actually win the election. It's a good laugh though
    It's a good thing that you wrote that you're not an indigenous brit because from what we classify it as hardly anyone is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)

I went to a college where there were less than a dozen non-whites out of around 800, do you find that equally unacceptable? Using personal experience is silly, you can hardly expect your own experience to be representative of the whole country.

Of course any kind of discrimination is wrong, but I hardly think that it's a one-way street. It needs to be stamped out in all forms, being bullied for being white is no more or less unacceptable than being bullied for being black.

And please stop spouting these lies, no-one was told to take down an England flag during the World Cup, much as the Sun and Daily Mail would have you believe. They retracted those stories when it was pointed out they weren't true, but of course no-one hears about retractions.

For the final time, there are no indiginous Britains. That term means so little as to be useless. The vast majority of people who live here are immigrants at one point or another, you usually only have to go back a few generations. We're a country that's been a play thing for invading armies in history, which means we're a diverse mix of backgrounds and cultures. The truth is that people like the BNP use the term 'indiginous' as a substitute for white. They're racist. Being white doesn't make you indiginous, that's what they fail to grasp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    A very good friend of mine at college is Indian. I have no problem with him. Why? He's westernised. He dresses like a western person. He speaks like one, none of that daft accent immigrants have invented in London. And most of all, he doesn't see skin colour as a problem. The huge problem is that 90% of the immigrants who come here are just as racist as the BNP. They have no interest in making friends with white people. And why? Because they can. Why can they? Because as there's so many of them, they set up their own community based on skin colour, and don't let white people in.

/thread
    ahhh... diddums

man up and stop feeling sorry for yourself. The brown people most probably don't want to play with you because you're a ********!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CWallace91)
    For the final time, there are no indiginous Britains. That term means so little as to be useless.
    There are indigenous Britons as much as there are indigenous people in most other countries. But I think you're right that the term "indigenous" means very little. It only has meaning relative to more than one population. E.g. Native Americans are indigenous compared to European or African Americans, Australian Aborigines are indigenous compared to white Australians, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    A very good friend of mine at college is Indian. I have no problem with him.
    Really. Skip it. Most white people don't have friends that are not white. A friend is someone you have over for dinner regularly, someone you go on holiday with, someone you ask to be in your wedding party, someone you go to church with on Sunday, someone you call often to share your most intimate secrets. YEAH that kind of friend. I used to hear people say dumb things like, “There are no black people on Friends.” I liked it that there are no black people on friends because white people don't have friends that are not white. It’s an honest, believable show.

(Original post by tufc)
    The huge problem is that 90% of the immigrants who come here are just as racist as the BNP. They have no interest in making friends with white people. And why? Because they can. Why can they? Because as there's so many of them, they set up their own community based on skin colour, and don't let white people in.
    Non white areas have not developed because whites have been barred or even discouraged from entry but rather, because whites long ago fled in order to get away from non-white people and did not care about the white people they left behind. In fact this white flight was directly subsidized by the UK government, which spent millions on road construction and low-cost loans, essentially available only to whites in those newly developing residential spaces. The blackness or browness of the certain areas in the UK increased as a direct result of racist policies of the UK government, in concert with private sector discrimination, which kept folks of color locked in crowded urban spaces, even as whites could come and go as they pleased.

When cities, towns, schools are overwhelmingly white, there are REASONS (both historic and contemporary) having to do with discrimination and unequal access for people of color. Restrictive covenants, redlining by banks and even policies prohibiting people of color from living in an area or going to a white school altogether.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Phantom_X;29106059]Well no, it actually wasn't 'always a christian country' nor was it 'always a civilized place'. It might not have had any civil wars involving machetes , but it certainly did not have a noble government; the aristocrats and upper echelons of society could have kept a stronger hold on the lower classes, but it certainly wasnt a utopia-it was just professionally corrupted.

I don't think I'm putting myself across right. Quite frankly I don't care if we had invasions here as that was HUNDREDS of years ago. Since then we've developed our own culture, despite what the moron earlier says. The one reason I'm concerned about immigrants is because they usually won't integrate and are generally more backward (as in their beliefs, treatment of women etc). The more of these people we have here the more power they'll get in influencing political decisions. Unlike a lot of you on here I love the way this country runs; it's freedom to be what you want. That's why I'm so against Islamification because it would drive this country backwards, not forwards like previous invasions have (the Romans).

As someone's said, it's a two-way game. They're just as, if not more racist than us, dwelling in their little corners of town, unwilling to accept white people. There are literally no-go areas in Peterborough! I have immigrant friends, but I'll say this with all honesty... I'm friends with them purely because they've accepted our way of life and don't preach fanatically about their Islamic views. That's fine. It's the nutters who I hate and many others are angered by this too, hence movements like the EDL. These parties aren't just born from theory...every single person who is involved with these groups are there because they've experienced the negatives. You can't jsut brand them racists because they have stories that warrant such views.

ReputationRep:
    Peterborough has not always been a ****hole. The scum Labour have attracted and breeded in this country for 13 years made this place a dump. Just look at footage from the 70s, 80s and before that. It was a peaceful market town. The reason this city has so many problems is that the amount of immigrants that are being offloaded here is despicable. It's quite funny, I've had chats with second and third generation Asians here and now they hate the Polish coming in! Years down the line these same Poles will hate Turkish coming in or something along them lines. Force people who have different ways of thinking and morales and there will always be conflict.

Why do you think no-one ever complains when there's a lot of Australians, Swedish or Danish in one place? It's the simple reason that these people's CULTURES are similar. Many Muslims just don't understand or know how to accept different people. That's why Islam is poisonous I'm afraid.

You're missing the point. What's the point of bringing up peasantry in the middle-ages? We're in the present. Our culture is of a certain calibre now, based on freedom and rights. Many Islamists are against this ideology so surely you can see there'll be problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NigerianStudent)
    Really. Skip it. Most white people don't have friends that are not white. A friend is someone you have over for dinner regularly, someone you go on holiday with, someone you ask to be in your wedding party, someone you go to church with on Sunday, someone you call often to share your most intimate secrets. YEAH that kind of friend. I used to hear people say dumb things like, “There are no black people on Friends.” I liked it that there are no black people on friends because white people don't have friends that are not white. It’s an honest, believable show.

Non white areas have not developed because whites have been barred or even discouraged from entry but rather, because whites long ago fled in order to get away from non-white people and did not care about the white people they left behind. In fact this white flight was directly subsidized by the UK government, which spent millions on road construction and low-cost loans, essentially available only to whites in those newly developing residential spaces. The blackness or browness of the certain areas in the UK increased as a direct result of racist policies of the UK government, in concert with private sector discrimination, which kept folks of color locked in crowded urban spaces, even as whites could come and go as they pleased.

When cities, towns, schools are overwhelmingly white, there are REASONS (both historic and contemporary) having to do with discrimination and unequal access for people of color. Restrictive covenants, redlining by banks and even policies prohibiting people of color from living in an area or going to a white school altogether.
    Sweet,short rebuttal- We live in 2010 not in 1950

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    I dont hate the BNP I support their stance on immigration it is a joke now. Left wingers hate them because they think they are really racist and bad because they dont like immigration lol. But remember left wingers also hate the EDL so I guess UAF support the Taliban and their killing of innocent people.
    haha jack your neg rep has taken quite a bashing hasnt it? lol.. what you on now? my overall neg rep is -74...i must be bare popular here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    I am not sure what that has to do with what he said.

He didn't say that the Islamic Golden Age was created by Muslims without the help of the works of others in previous ages.

Can it be called a "Golden Age" though, if it didn't occur at the centre of Islamic power, at the time at which Islamic power was most powerful?

We don't refer to a Christian "Golden Age" even though the renaissance and Enlightenment occurred under Christianity.

Greek thought was clearly important to the philosophers in both regions and in some respects research was done despite of, not because of the prevailing religious environment.

Yes, in the Christian world the Monasteries were centres of research and literature and were important but the institution of the Church resisted much research, famously that of Galileo.

In the Islamic world libraries were burned, and works lost, because fanatics thought the works went against their doctrines.

In the Jewish world Jews were not really permitted to become philosophers and scientists until the 19th Century as non-Judaistic scholastic practice was frowned upon.

Karl Marx was among the first Jewish intellectuals. Albert Einstein a big achiever in physics. We don't refer to a Jewish Golden Age, do we?

ReputationRep:
    haha jack your neg rep has taken quite a bashing hasnt it? lol.. what you on now? my overall neg rep is -74...i must be bare popular here
    Lol it's the left wing sheep with no personal views what do you expect. I also think if we only had central, western and northern european immigration into britainit would be much safer like you wouldn't see black people stabbing people in london or Asians segregating themselves off then calling White people racist.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.