The Student Room Group

Why does everyone hate the BNP?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Benammieh
What I dont understand is why most muslims live in Britain yet they don't agree the western society :s-smilie:

Most Muslims agree with western society, but don't like(some) western foreign policy ie: like with Iraq and Afghanistan
Reply 141
Original post by de_monies
Most Muslims agree with western society, but don't like(some) western foreign policy ie: like with Iraq and Afghanistan

Yeah so those who complain should go back. Might be easier said then done but we're kind of sick with all these radical muslims causing trouble!
Yes, how dare they be given freedom of speech and right of expression like other extremist groups do
Reply 143
Yes, how dare they be given freedom of speech and right of expression like other extremist groups do

Not all extremist groups most used slogan is "Death to the infidel!"

Not saying Moderate Muslims don't exist... they do. And they need the extremists dealt with as much as the rest of us.
True, however if you ban people who just don't agree with values, then you may as well also ban the EDL and the UAF
Reply 145
True, however if you ban people who just don't agree with values, then you may as well also ban the EDL and the UAF

They don't chant "Death to the infidel". That's a value too "pricey" for most people. If these groups did chant the same, I'm pretty sure we'd kick them out of town as well.
And what evidence is there that it is becoming a Muslim country? Also, if it does ever become one then the likelihood is that the gov't wil be governed like Turkey, Dubai or Pakistan
(edited 13 years ago)
And what evidence is there that it is becoming a Muslim country? Also, if it does ever become one then the likelihood is that the gov't wil be governed like Turkey, Dubai or Pakistan

Oh I don't know, Muslim extremists left to preach hatred on the streets of London PROTECTED by police while English protesters are branded racists and arrested. A Church of England school in Blackburn is to become an Islamic faith school as 95% of pupils there are Muslim. Mosques are given preferential treatment over other buildings by planning departments, historic Grade I listed buildings being converted into Islamic boarding schools, Christmas being renamed 'Winterval' in Birmingham to avoid offending the Muslims.

Seriously, it's obvious we Brits can offend but not be offended, the double standards shown by the Police and government is nothing short of disgraceful. Neg this post all you want but it's true :mad:

EDIT: Oh yes, the creeping spread of Halal meat in pretty much every supermarket and takeaway and racist Muslim-on-White attacks dismissed as not being racist by the police (oh how different this would be the other way round).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 148
Original post by tc92
Which Muslim countries is this specifically? The ones where Christians have their churches burned or bombed? Or where people are executed for converting out of Islam? Or where women and homosexuals are treated as clear second-class citizens?? Britain isn't perfect, but it's a great deal better than lots of places in the world.

anywhere in the middle east really (I've been to lebanon,turkey,syria.jordan,egypt). If you travel as a tourist and explore, you'll see that the locals are friendly and hospitable. The whole sharia law we see in our media is an extreme example of the middle east.

Yes you are right, Britain isn't perfect but it is a great multicultural society where people get along (albeit with the exception of a few).
Reply 149
Also, if it does ever become one then the likelihood is that the gov't wil be governed like Turkey, Dubai or Pakistan

You think we'd like military dictatorship? It's generally a bad idea to presume those who you're discussing with know absolutely nothing about the world... and think Pakistan is a well run country.

Turkey is full of Turks, and we ain't got any Turks here so that doesn't apply. It's arguable whether Turkish military-backed government is the kind we'd want to aspire to though.

Dubai ... made out of a **** ton of oil and has a small population enjoying the fruits of immigrant labour; not comparable to any other country except those other countries made of **** tons of hydrocarbons.
Reply 150
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Oh I don't know, Muslim extremists left to preach hatred on the streets of London PROTECTED by police while English protesters are branded racists and arrested. A Church of England school in Blackburn is to become an Islamic faith school as 95% of pupils there are Muslim. Mosques are given preferential treatment over other buildings by planning departments, historic Grade I listed buildings being converted into Islamic boarding schools, Christmas being renamed 'Winterval' in Birmingham to avoid offending the Muslims.

Seriously, it's obvious we Brits can offend but not be offended, the double standards shown by the Police and government is nothing short of disgraceful. Neg this post all you want but it's true :mad:

I wouldn't worry. It may seem muslims are becoming a dominant force up north, but a secular british gov will always remain.

The white indigenous only have two options really; vote at the polling station or vote with their passport and set up home on the other side of the world.
Reply 151

britain won't become an islamic state. The islamic nations wil be destroyed before that ever happens.
Original post by twl
You think we'd like military dictatorship? It's generally a bad idea to presume those who you're discussing with know absolutely nothing about the world... and think Pakistan is a well run country.

Turkey is full of Turks, and we ain't got any Turks here so that doesn't apply. It's arguable whether Turkish military-backed government is the kind we'd want to aspire to though.

Dubai ... made out of a **** ton of oil and has a small population enjoying the fruits of immigrant labour; not comparable to any other country except those other countries made of **** tons of hydrocarbons.

I was arguing that it would be Islamic(if it ever would) in the more liberal sense. A nice example would be Malaysia then
(edited 13 years ago)
How is this logical ? If its ok for the country to become more athiest, but its not ok if it becomes more muslim ? Surely, both doctrines move away from the roots of your definition of english civilization which is founded on the bedrock of Christianity ? What amazing double standards exist in your argument.
Are you retarded? And the 13 people who liked your post as well?
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

EDIT: Oh yes, the creeping spread of Halal meat in pretty much every supermarket and takeaway and racist Muslim-on-White attacks dismissed as not being racist by the police (oh how different this would be the other way round).

So in other words Daily Mail scare stories?
In Muslim county's, Christians and atheists still celebrate Christmas. I don't see your point. In Dubai, alcohol is sold to any one who isn't a Muslim
Reply 157
I was arguing that it would be Islamic(if it ever would) in the more liberal sense. A nice example would be Malaysia then

Malaysia's not liberal - not any more if it ever was. Federal Court decided Muslims are not allowed to convert and leaders of minority groups are getting arrested for demonstrating.
Reply 158
you can't blame muslims for the decline of the christian faith in the uk. You cannot blame muslims for the derelict churches. Sure we will all still celebrate christmas... bit of turkey and a good ole piss up, but that is just cultural rather than anything remotely religous.

as you said, 'becoming an atheist is a sign of progression and advancement' and the christians have done this by rejecting parts of their fundamental beliefs to accomodate modern day issues. We are perhaps expecting muslims to do the same, thought I think it is unlikely to happen; rather they will go the other way and become more dependent on their religous beliefs (this is what causes the problem of integration and the clashing to two cultures)... Will we in an atheist, secular society be able to enforce our views on others or will it remain a society where everyone is free to believe in what they wish.
Reply 159
You can disagree with that. Atheism isn't new. It's been around all history and many countries in which atheism has dominated have been spectacular failures.

Thing is, immigration isn't needed, and they're still coming through the open back-door of EU membership. The EU states are a fishing net... once they get that EU passport, immigrants can move from their EU state stepping stone to UK for all the benefits. To solve immigration we need a party to take us out of the EU.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending