Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natsworthy)
    I'm not but I'm curious to how you sorted out your Erasmus. I'm in my first year here and always wondered how to start enquiring about it.
    A quick google got me this page. I think you need some sort of student login? http://www.falmouth.ac.uk/1047/inter...asmus-323.html

ReputationRep:
    Fees rising to 9k here too. :/ Expected it though.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've got an interview on the 4th of May.. will be traveling about 10 hours to get there! Anyone going the same day ?

ReputationRep:
    Urm by any chance did anyone got a Conditional offer without an interview or audition? because I asked someone I knew and she said she got an Invitation on UCAS and had to like attend an audition / interview?
    The only reason why I'm abit concerned is i've applied for a Musical Theatre course so you would have to audition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natsworthy)
    Fees rising to 9k here too. :/ Expected it though.
    I'm starting in September this year. I called admissions and they said as the changes are coming into effect next year, I'd pay £3475, or however much it was, for all three years. Basically, if you're heading to uni this year, you're the last batch of students to pay the lower fees, but they'll be essentially locked for your full 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imnotlulamae)
    I'm starting in September this year. I called admissions and they said as the changes are coming into effect next year, I'd pay £3475, or however much it was, for all three years. Basically, if you're heading to uni this year, you're the last batch of students to pay the lower fees, but they'll be essentially locked for your full 3 years.
    Surely everyone knows this? And I think the poster you quoted is already at Falmouth, just commenting on the fact that the fees are rising for 2012

(Original post by Lukeyyyyyyy)
    Urm by any chance did anyone got a Conditional offer without an interview or audition? because I asked someone I knew and she said she got an Invitation on UCAS and had to like attend an audition / interview?
    The only reason why I'm abit concerned is i've applied for a Musical Theatre course so you would have to audition?
    I know someone who didn't have to audition for the Theatre course and has an offer, but the rest of us all had to audition. And musical theatre had to audition. Why would you not want to audition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyLion)
    Surely everyone knows this? And I think the poster you quoted is already at Falmouth, just commenting on the fact that the fees are rising for 2012

I know someone who didn't have to audition for the Theatre course and has an offer, but the rest of us all had to audition. And musical theatre had to audition. Why would you not want to audition?
    Oh right

No, I didn't say that, I meant why aren't I auditioning!
    How do they know I can't act or sing?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right

No, I didn't say that, I meant why aren't I auditioning!
    How do they know I can't act or sing?
    Have you got an offer? Cause you didn't say that in your original post.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have! and opps my bad lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have! and opps my bad lol
    Presumably your grades + personal statement were shining examples of an application, and thus they didn't feel the need to audition you. It could also be a clerical error, but I don't know. Well done for getting a place without auditioning!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and well done for getting a place too!
    Error? don't say that! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMagicMushroom)
    Had the grades, good personal statement and my interview was okay, but unsuccessful anyway.

Hey how long did it take for you to receive an unsuccessful through ucas?
    I had mine a week ago now and still nothing :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleyfears)
    Hey how long did it take for you to receive an unsuccessful through ucas?
    I had mine a week ago now and still nothing :\
    I had mine two and a half weeks ago and still nothing! How do you think I feel! Oh and if they take a long time to get back to you, it means you're on the maybe pile so they're not sure whether to give an offer or not. If it's definitely yes, or definitely no, they will get back to you very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaah know how you feel... i've been waiting over a month now to hear back... it's driving me batty! stupid maybe pile!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone signed up on the UCF forums, yet? (http://helpme.falmouth.ac.uk/)

They seem a bit dead right now, stuff from 2009 the latest posts, but I remember a forum being mentioned somewhere on Falmouth's website for new students and I think this might be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imnotlulamae)
    Has anyone signed up on the UCF forums, yet? (http://helpme.falmouth.ac.uk/)

They seem a bit dead right now, stuff from 2009 the latest posts, but I remember a forum being mentioned somewhere on Falmouth's website for new students and I think this might be it.
    Are you Amber Goodwin-Figes? I'ma sign up now.

In other news, if you're signed upto YouGo, it's worth using, there seems to be quite a lot of us starting in September on there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyLion)
    Are you Amber Goodwin-Figes? I'ma sign up now.

In other news, if you're signed upto YouGo, it's worth using, there seems to be quite a lot of us starting in September on there
    I am Amber Goodwin-Figes; bonjour Oh, it is, I'll get right oon it.

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing graphics?
    i'm already at falmouth doing my foundation, just accepted my place to stay on for the graphic design degree. falmouth is so amazing...i never want to leave, haha. you should all be very excited for next year...got any questions about the place, i'll be happy to help. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinaS00)
    Yeah it looks really nice, I looked everywhere for photos, and it looks beautiful.
    I applied for a Foundation in art&design because my art teacher insisted I did so.
    It be so cool if I got in.
    I don't know if the temperature actually goes that high, but it is a tad bit warmer.
    i'm on the foundation course at the moment..it is such and amazing course, dont want the year to end. did you get a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinaS00)
    So there isn't a single club? How about in the next door towns or cities?
    dont worry its all a lie that falmouths nightlife is ****. guess it depends on where you're from and what you're expecting but...it has infact got 3 clubs, okay they are fairly small and only good on student nights (mondays at remedies and thursdays at club-i or shades). plus theres some really nice bars for pre drinks and pubs for a cheeky pint and open mic nights. there are also popular events that happen at the rugby club...balkan beats nights and dubstep raves, always a great night and cheap drinks. then of course if you're a first year living up at tremough there is an event at the stannary (su bar) most saturdays. and if you're not into heavy nights out there is always the option of having a bbq and some beers on the beach (well in the summer atleast). people have got falmouth all wrong...personally from a students view it is definately not a sleepy cornish town. i'm definately a party animal and love nights out in fal...the fact that its such a small town means you'll always bump into people you know and its so easy to make really close friends. sorry i've babbled on for agess..i'm just spreading the falmouth love, haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.