Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To all your dubstep haters Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineappletree)
    Hell no im not implying that at all, i was using them as an example, dubstep is essentially gabber slowed right down. Thing is i liked dubstep, before it got made commercial and watered down for the masses as is what has happened to Hardcore. I like anything with a huge banging bassline but when it starts to sound all the same i just get bored with it

sounds nothing like slowed down gabber to me

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep and gabber are so tenuously related that even discussing the similarities is a pointless conversation.

ReputationRep:
    to whoever repped me, the two songs i mentioned in the brag can be found here:
    www.soundcloud.com/spndwn

ReputationRep:
    Thing that makes me laugh the most is back in 1996 we was having the same arguments about Hardcore, Drum n Bass and Jungle. Essentially your always gonna get one person who prefers one genre of music to the other. Why get bogged down in pigeon holing music? I just dont like it anymore and thats that, doesnt mean im gonna start hating people just because they do like it. Already been through that with Drum n Bass years ago

ReputationRep:
    Dubsteps pretty much over for most people and Skream and Bengas set at DMZ last saturday was a hefty blow for a lot of the fans considering mid range wobble has only reared its ugly head a few times at a dmz and was accepted but a whole set of it cleared the floor.

Most of my mates who used to mix it in its better days have moved onto the techy/minimal dnb sound like Rockwell, Alix Perez, Jubei etc.. its a shame but the only real attention is drawn to generic mid range wobble, the same thing happened to dnb but im not sure a young genre like dubstep will recover in the same time as dnb did..the mid range is still such a dominant sound in dnb but luckily those who made something original have stood the test of time and have risen above the bandwagon jumping one sound wonders which is a stage dubstep is a year or so from reaching IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep's not over while tunes like this are coming out, so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LJjjdaWKTc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniedExistence)
    Dubstep's not over while tunes like this are coming out, so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LJjjdaWKTc
    Yeah that track is sick. Repped

ReputationRep:
    not a big fan of dubstep but give me dubstep any day over funky house

ReputationRep:
    Tried to enjoy it, honestly, I did, but it's still ****e.

Listen to The Clash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COMPUTABLE)

Listen to The Clash.
    Why do morons like you insist on coming up and posting the same tosh in the thread about 20 times. People have said this, and then been basically told they are wrong if you look.

I love The Clash, i love some dubstep. All genres have their bad and good parts. Why are people so thick to understand that?

That's a nice track i've found lately.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody entered the Chase and Status remix competition? I thought it would be utterly smashed by mid-range bass so I decided to try a more chilled vibe...not really happy with it but meh...first attempt

(You'll need headphones or a sub to hear most of it)

http://soundcloud.com/espydub/chase-...tus-time-ft-10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COMPUTABLE)

Listen to The Clash.
    The Clash are proper **** though, i mean when it comes to British music i think Jessie J would rank higher on my list of Brit musical recommendations that a three hit wonder band lost in a weak genre for pseudo anarchist teenagers.

Punk rock wuurrrr, my names Johnny rotten, i used to be anti everything but now i advertise butter wuurrr **** the queen and the establishment.

That pretty much sums up it all up for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    The Clash are proper **** though, i mean when it comes to British music i think Jessie J would rank higher on my list of Brit musical recommendations that a three hit wonder band lost in a weak genre for pseudo anarchist teenagers.

Punk rock wuurrrr, my names Johnny rotten, i used to be anti everything but now i advertise butter wuurrr **** the queen and the establishment.

Oh dear. I stopped reading after the first sentence. Then i started again and i wish i hadn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Oh dear. I stopped reading after the first sentence. Then i started again and i wish i hadn't.
    Well then, please tell me whats so good about them...

ReputationRep:
    The Clash are great, dubstep is great, sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)

You're a mong.

ReputationRep:
    ****, this topic is still alive. Look, chill out guys, listen to whatever you want, no one cares. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    You're a mong.
    Punk is for mongs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0IZdP3x66Y DERRRPPPPP

Just look like a load of 10 year olds throwing a tantrum

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.