Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    PROS: you can post mindless bull**** on TSR constantly.
    CONS: you can't use it in public places without getting mugged and it doesn't have original snake
    CONCLUSION: they feel cool carrying around a glorified calculator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    More of my friends have unlimited texts than have a blackberry. And you don't need something specific to say when you text someone. Me and my gf text each other random stuff all the time .
    Yeah but that's because she's your GF
    Even when you call her you probably dont have anything important to say, but you just do it for the seek of talking, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p+i+n+k)
    Because of the Blackberry Messenger (BBM)
    You can chat 24/7 for free (if you have internet).
    I live in Dubai and EVERYONE has it!!
    Some people even have blackberry + iphone :O
    I don't understand this; all my friends who have Blackberries have unlimited texts so I don't see how having BBM too is an extra advantage Anybody care to explain?

ReputationRep:
    Why does it even matter to you which phone other people choose?
    YOU get the phone that YOU like, and let everyone else get the one that they like!
    I have a Bold 9700, and love it! Personally, it does everything that I need it to do, and I find it perfect FOR ME. But I wouldn't go around moaning about what everyone else chose to buy! PARTICULARLY when people are all really pleased about getting them for Chrismas yesterday, then you're being all "oh your present that you're really pleased about is crap"..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I don't understand this; all my friends who have Blackberries have unlimited texts so I don't see how having BBM too is an extra advantage Anybody care to explain?
    Although it is very popular in the UK we don't have that in Dubai
    So everyone uses bbm !
    and as I said earlier :
    Yeah, but if you're bored you can just start chatting on BBM with whoever is "available" or just updated his status.
    An sms is more direct - you need to have something to say ...

ReputationRep:
    It's only a phone, if everyone wants to get a BB, let them- it shouldn't really bother you
    I have a BB Torch, but only because my iPhone of 3 years broke and I fancied a change.

ReputationRep:
    My phone history

First phone

Then

Then

And then

Then

Aaand then

And my current phone

Oh wait, no blackberry? Yeah, because they suck!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i saw it, i just had forgotten
    how old were you?

(Original post by gummers)
    It's only a phone, if everyone wants to get a BB, let them- it shouldn't really bother you
    I have a BB Torch, but only because my iPhone of 3 years broke and I fancied a change.
    This is the internet, it doesn't work that way

ReputationRep:
    My dad got the BB Torch last night. It's the fourth one he's bought. :rolleyes: Still, OS 6 is incredibly sleek. I'm in love all over again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8086)
    My phone history

First phone

Then

Then

And then

Then

Aaand then

And my current phone

Oh wait, no blackberry? Yeah, because they suck!

It's amazing how much someone can change over the years...

ReputationRep:
    i got a blackberry curve 3g from my gf for christmas, and while i appreciate its not the best phone on the market i am supremly greatful. It seems after a day of use to be a great phone too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    My dad got the BB Torch last night. It's the fourth one he's bought. :rolleyes: Still, OS 6 is incredibly sleek. I'm in love all over again!
    I was a bit edgy at first, because I'd seen other peoples BB's and they just didn't do anything for me, but then after seeing the Torch I was like dayummmm :rolleyes:. TBH it was the touch screen and physical keyboard which got me interested then when all my friends had BBM, that edged me a bit more and once I seen the OS, well, I was won over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8086)
    My phone history

First phone

In which year? I don't recall ever seeing it

ReputationRep:
    I was a bit edgy at first, because I'd seen other peoples BB's and they just didn't do anything for me, but then after seeing the Torch I was like dayummmm :rolleyes:. TBH it was the touch screen and physical keyboard which got me interested then when all my friends had BBM, that edged me a bit more and once I seen the OS, well, I was won over

I bet you were! How could anyone resist such beauty?!

I have a Curve 8900 myself. I love it to bits.

ReputationRep:

LOL! :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    I had it in 2001, but it was released in 1996 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've had countless phones over the last 8 years, don't remember them all.

Sold me BB some months ago. If you have LOADS of contacts then it will drive you mad -at least that's what it did to me.

I'm geetting Samsung 'galaxy in a couple weeks tops.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer raspberries and strawberries to be honest...

I find blackberries a bit bitter ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I've had countless phones over the last 8 years, don't remember them all.

Sold me BB some months ago. If you have LOADS of contacts then it will drive you mad -at least that's what it did to me.

I'm geetting Samsung 'galaxy in a couple weeks tops.
    Oooh my friend has that. It's a great phone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.