Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    IS THIS NEWS???

WELL DUH!

I've travelled to every continent but Antarctica and British people are definitely the ugliest Caucasian people, however this is fine as they make up for it in other departments.

Another article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ple-world.html

British people tend to have better style however when it comes to faces and features we are definitely at the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    To be honest, I hadn't noticed that we were especially worse looking than other nations. Maybe I don't get out enough. Or have low standards. Or both (probable).
    no, it's because u have a pin-up of a football player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalme)
    no, it's because u have a pin-up of a football player
    Lol, I'm an Arsenal fan, he's my favourite player, not a 'pin up'.

What does that have to do with anything?? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm an Arsenal fan, he's my favourite player, not a 'pin up'.

What does that have to do with anything?? :rolleyes:
    a fair deal, it's a contributing factor.

ReputationRep:
    I think there are loads of gorgeous British girls around, you foreign Brit-bashers can **** off.

Having said that, I was in Nice last Summer. Holy. Living. F*ck.

ReputationRep:
    a fair deal, it's a contributing factor.
    I didn't realise football was making me ugly. I was under the impression it was my genes.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise football was making me ugly. I was under the impression it was my genes.
    football=depression=depressed people=obese people=not so nice looking people=lots of people watching football=lots of people playing football.

thats ur gene theory. it's a vicious cyle.

ReputationRep:
    football=depression=depressed people=obese people=not so nice looking people=lots of people watching football=lots of people playing football.

thats ur gene theory. it's a vicious cyle.
    You do realise that football is massive in other countries too, such as Spain, Italy and France? And that some of the best players and biggest fans come from these countries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    You think that Irish immigrants didn't mix with the local population of the North.

Obviously not me that needs some basic education.
    As you probably suck at everything else in life, take solace in knowing that you succeed admirably at being an idiot :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Do you even know what point I was trying to make? I was not saying all British people are gorgeous for goodness sake, I thought that was fairly obvious.
    OP did not say every Brit was ugly though or that there were no attractive Brits...The point is that generally Brits are regarded as ugly...You seemed to think that swearing and 6 celebs showed OP was 'wrong' when in fact the link (although you need a non-broken version of it ) itself showed that the general view of foreigners is that Brits = ugly...Whether Brits are ugly or not isn't up for debate - it's why is it the case that Brits are considered ugly, yet you tried to somehow argue otherwise....
    Next time before you decide to fly off the rails, take a deep breath and don't take it personally but put something rational & mature forward - needless aggression only helps threads turn into flame wars .

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...eople.com.html

is it due to years of inbreeding? or bad diet?

they're consistently being rated the ugliest people in the world
    Inbreeding and bad diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    OP did not say every Brit was ugly though or that there were no attractive Brits...The point is that generally Brits are regarded as ugly...You seemed to think that swearing and 6 celebs showed OP was 'wrong' when in fact the link (although you need a non-broken version of it ) itself showed that the general view of foreigners is that Brits = ugly...Whether Brits are ugly or not isn't up for debate - it's why is it the case that Brits are considered ugly, yet you tried to somehow argue otherwise....
    Next time before you decide to fly off the rails, take a deep breath and don't take it personally but put something rational & mature forward - needless aggression only helps threads turn into flame wars .
    my point exactly.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that football is massive in other countries too, such as Spain, Italy and France? And that some of the best players and biggest fans come from these countries?
    compare the british crowd of the world cup to the german crowd of the world cup. u would want to consider urself a fraulein after that, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    compare the british crowd of the world cup to the german crowd of the world cup. u would want to consider urself a fraulein after that, trust me.
    Lol, fair point. Although not really relevant - you were implying that all football fans (and players) are munters, not just British ones.

ReputationRep:
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hass147)
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    and ur eye is prob wedged up ur ass. Sorry that was crass.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, fair point. Although not really relevant - you were implying that all football fans (and players) are munters, not just British ones.

yeah i guess.

ReputationRep:
    and ur eye is prob wedged up ur ass. Sorry that was crass.
    Not sure what you are getting at here. Are you implying the saying is clichéd? British people are ugly? or are you just mindlessly insulting?

Pretty pathetic response nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hass147)
    Not sure what you are getting at here. Are you implying the saying is clichéd? British people are ugly? or are you just mindlessly insulting?

Pretty pathetic response nonetheless.
    bit of everything really. also do you know crass does not mean intelligible or informative?

ReputationRep:
    bit of everything really. also do you know crass does not mean intelligible or informative?
    I'm aware of it's meaning and you're entitled to your opinion. But there's no need to be rude. :eyebrow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.