Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    stealing a guys car on GTA and let him catch up and drive of again and again. And the numerous hijackings, old lady fight,s sticking explosive on people.

I hope they relase San andreas on PS3

ReputationRep:
    In Assassin's Creed one of those mentally retarded beggars hit me and caused me to fail a mission. Instead of ending his life swiftly with a switchblade I killed him by repeatedly throwing him into a stone wall.

ReputationRep:
    Also in Sim City I had had a hurricane destroy most of my city but afterwards I only receieved bad press for ringing a 'false alarm' (pressed it twice). Got pretty pissed with this so I finished off the city with "natural" disasters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Video games provide us with a safe, healthy environment to vent frustration and anger. But have have you ever done something really ethically questionable on a game before? I know that any of you who have played any of the Grand Theft Auto series will obviously have committed mass murder in game (:p:), but I'm looking for examples of ingenious but dastardly uses of games for essentially cheap thrills.

I think most of us are guilty of locking a Sim in a room with no door and letting them burn to death... but fire off some of your worst crimes against digital humanity. Rep for the best examples
    There is a series of games called postal1/2/3. They are basically first-person open-world mass murder simulators.

They have a key that even allows you to pee on your victims and you can aim it like a hose.

Most brutal kill i can think of is...

First of all grab a shotgun and a cat. Break into a house and tazer someone to the floor, cut of a limb or so with a machete before dousing them with gasoline. Throw a match on them untill they ignite and them proceed to chase them around the room trying to pee them out before they die. When bored grab the cat and shove the shotgun up its arse to fashion a home made silencer and blow the head off of your victim, along with the majority of the cat. Rinse and repeat.

The game is very tonge in cheek and badly done, but its pretty messed up. It got a load of controvercy surrounding it with many parental lobby groups trying to get it banned, ironicly the game was written for the puropse of aggrovating middle class american mums, it works well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeXqZ...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbigbigdaballs)
    In Assassin's Creed one of those mentally retarded beggars hit me and caused me to fail a mission. Instead of ending his life swiftly with a switchblade I killed him by repeatedly throwing him into a stone wall.
    I've done the exact thing

ReputationRep:
    I used to do the whole drowning / burning Sims thing. There was a twist, though - I'd make my family on there, and routinely torture my own brother.

I also drive at 200+mph in 60 zones on Need for Speed. :B

Edit: Oh, and I used to play Carmageddon when I was about 5. I took too much pleasure in seeing people splattered on the windscreen, even at such a young age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderlust.xx)
    At least we're doing something we enjoy. :p: From my experience, people with real lives are often miserable, slaving away to pay a mortgage or having affairs or waging wars.
    Having affairs is hardly being miserable haha.

ReputationRep:
    i try to murder children on fallout: new vegas, even the satellite weapon won't kill them, but i have to the majority mentioned above.

ReputationRep:
    After reading this thread, the game I want to buy now is Oblivion. Gamestation here I come...

ReputationRep:
    Drowning Tomb Raider in the swimming pool, good times

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Locking the butler in the fridge in Tomb Raider, I didn't want the bloody cup of tea! Also, "using" prostitutes on GTA: San Andreas, then when they get out kill them and get the money back.

ReputationRep:
    everything thats been said +
    in bully for the PS2 giving nerds wedgies and putting them in bins.

ReputationRep:
    Killing someone in GTA, then using a baseball bat hitting them in the head repeatedly to see how much blood will come out. When they run out of blood I start shooting them. I do this to get to 4 stars.

ReputationRep:
    Griefed n00bs with my 60 in a level 20+ zone on WoW with Polymorph sp4m and/0r sap.

ReputationRep:
    I killed the maid in the Skingrad house in Oblivion, stripped off all the cloths, and then spend 30 minutes to lock her up in the display case. She is still there. I regret nothing.

Edit: Also, on Rollercoaster Tycoon, building coasters that would crash on the entrance of the park, hitting anyone in the way. The funny part was that people still paid to ride it.

ReputationRep:
    Random killing sprees in Oblivion including instigating fights between the mage guild members and the city guards as the mage guild would leap to my defence.

Also, Making less than suitable Zoo tycoon exhibits so Lions got out and killed all my Visitors when i had a full oo and watching hundreds of virtual people being mauled to death by lions...

ReputationRep:
    Oh Jesus, I forgot about Just Cause 2...
    I'm usually very lawful good in games, but I found myself shooting civilians in the face when they dared to protest about me parachuting onto their car and throwing them out

ReputationRep:
    I have killed 8477 critters in world of warcraft.

Translation: I have set fire to 8477 bunnies in world of warcraft.

ReputationRep:
    Was playing Halo. Got bored and started t-bagging this random guy after I killed him. He complained on the mic and he spawned facing me and I sniped him before moving over to the ew body and t-bagging that.

I also left my sister out in the pouring rain before opening the door as I was in a close ranked battle

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.