Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why have all the greatest boxers/rappers in the world embraced Islam? Watch

(Original post by mia_14)
      Let me break down to you

those terrorists are NOT muslim , not by any chance

what they are doing are totally against islam. they are brain washed into insanity
      They think the same of you though dont they. And they are just as good at backing their views up with the quran as you are.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by x-friends)
      It's excellent! They find the truth and follow true beliefs which is a beautiful thing. And the belief that connects us all in one God - Allah. It's not weird at all.
      Of course it's weird!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sweetascandy)
      He hasn't really done that though. OP's just made an observation and wondered why that is. He's also questioning why it's like that in some industries and not so much in others. He hasn't just plainly said "Muhammad Ali believes in God/is a Muslim so all Boxers believe in God/are Muslims". I know you're not saying anything negative about the religion, but you're drifting away from the point of this thread....
      Lol thank you. You're like one of the only few people who've understood the intentions of this thread XD

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Logi)
      No, though that'd be an impressive explosion...Don't compare muslims with.. other muslims? Yeh ok.

I don't actually agree with any religions but you can't deny that there's a noticable lack of people from the other religions blowing themselves up, even a minority.
      I can deny it.
      http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not...s-are-muslims/

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mia_14)
      Let me break down to you

those terrorists are NOT muslim , not by any chance

what they are doing are totally against islam. they are brain washed into insanity
      It's funny you should say that, because they'd say the same about you.

It's all th same rubbish between Wahhabists, Shia's, Sunni's. You all say the other aren't really Mulsims. I think what we should say instead, is they are a type of Muslim, otherwise it would seem none of you are Muslims.

I believe the key parts of Islam are following the teachings of the Qu'ran and worshipping Allah, and you all do that. Some of you simpley interpret the Qu'ran differently, which by the way has a remarkable number of grey areas for the 'perfect' book

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by callumt_y)
      Lol who? :teehee:
      Just an ex character on a TV show I used to watch religiously. The character was quite religious but the actor who plays him is an atheist.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
      I know Trouble is, I replied early on, went away to watch Toy Story 3 (I know, cool right?) and didn't bother checking it. I then replied and found my post amongst 6 pages of nonsense.

STILL, **** happens. Also: FYI, Harold died years ago on Neighbours
      :eek:

What about Lou?

ReputationRep:
      Boxers

Muhammad Ali
      Rubin Carter
      Bernard Hopkins
      Mike Tyson
      Danny Williams
      Chris Eubanks
      The two best boxers in the world at the moment are Mayweather and Pacquaio. None are Islamic. Just becasue a very select few have, doesnt mean all of the best do.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by morecambebay)
      They think the same of you though dont they. And they are just as good at backing their views up with the quran as you are.
      So all Catholics like to fondle kids then.

FYI there's 1.2-5 BILLION Muslims walking this Earth, you wouldn't be able to step out of your house if all Muslims condoned blowing people up.

ReputationRep:
      Muhammad I believe is one of the most revered Prophets. Btw Jesus isn't God in Christianity he's highly revered like Muhammad (an arab) in Islam. So i'm not sure what point you were trying to make :/
      Jesus is known as the son of god. Incomparable to a prophet.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 4TSR)
      Of course it's weird!
      Why?
      Not if you understand it. And understand the beliefs followed. Then everything becomes a reason for exisiting.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
      Because Islam is gangsta?
      Made me ROFL

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
      Just an ex character on a TV show I used to watch religiously. The character was quite religious but the actor who plays him is an atheist.
      Oh ok.

ReputationRep:
      Would you say all Catholics are Paedos?
      So you missed the point about me being perfectly willing to insult any religion then?

Besides that I didn't say every muslim blows themselves up, only that a disproportionate amount compared to those from other religions do. If you want an equivalent I'm quite willing to agree that a disproportionate amount of Catholics are paedos. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ibysaiyan)
      Made me ROFL
      Don't have much of a sense of humour then do you

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by x-friends)
      Why?
      Not if you understand it. And understand the beliefs followed. Then everything becomes a reason for exisiting.
      Well, maybe. Does it make you happy when a load of people convert? are you a convert?

ReputationRep:
      Lol thank you. You're like one of the only few people who've understood the intentions of this thread XD
      Waaayyyy I've just been reading through the posts and I couldn't help but notice how unobservant and mislead many people are!

*Note: I said many, not all..so I'm not generalizing :P

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Logi)
      So you missed the point about me being perfectly willing to insult any religion then?

Besides that I didn't say every muslim blows themselves up, only that a disproportionate amount compared to those from other religions do. If you want an equivalent I'm quite willing to agree that a disproportionate amount of Catholics are paedos. :rolleyes:
      K.sfe.

ReputationRep:
      Danny Williams one of the greatest boxers??! BAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by accesstohe)
      Jesus is known as the son of god. Incomparable to a prophet.
      In Christianity yes. Christianity - named after Christ.

Islam - the religion given and named by God.

Jesus is a Prophet of Islam. He is not and can never be the son of God.

I can send you a booklet on the True Religion.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.