Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain is overcrowded... something needs to be done about immigration... Watch

• View Poll Results: Does something need to be done about Immigration and Overcrowding?
    Yes
    59.09%
    No
    40.91%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suigeneris)
    *Births
    So just a question, do you think this country could funtion without its 'immigrants'?
    The backbone of this country is indigenous britons not migrants. Without immigrants we would easily adapt. The fact is that this country would not grind to a halt without them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I know, but if the problem gets too serious they can move there.

Either way, there should be a one child policy (which won't happen, but still) until the old generation die off, then there will be room for more people.

What, punish the people who were born here by restricting them to one child because people who weren't born here are crowding Britain? You're right, it wouldn't happen and for bloody good reason.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, better question.. what the hell is 'indigenous britons'? If you study some history you will come to realise there is no such thing. The backbone of this country has and forever will be migrants. Slave trade ring a bell? South eastern indian tea company? I'd suggest you read up on the history of the British Empire.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, better question.. what the hell is 'indigenous britons'? If you study some history you will come to realise there is no such thing. The backbone of this country has and forever will be migrants. Slave trade ring a bell? South eastern indian tea company? I'd suggest you read up on the history of the British Empire.
    Indigenous - an ethnic group whom has the longest historical connection to a geographic location. Indigneous has nothing to do with history it is anthropology. And it does exist, how can you say it doesnt, just because you say so ?

Whta does slavery and the South Indian tea company have to do with immigration today.

ReputationRep:
    With the rate UK is going, no one will want to stay here in as little as 3-5 years away.

Probably the government knows it too hence nothing is done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jody Mcintyre)
    Why just because your a muslim we should all embrace Muslim immigration, I don't thinkso, I believe Muslim immigration should be stopped completely. And what is wrong with prefering immigrants of my own race ?
    Did I ever say that ? No, I don't think I did.
    And there isn't anything wrong with it, im not questioning your personal opinion, I am questioning the logic behind the whole 'noone but whites' immigration policy you seem to be advocating, which is not only self defeating and reverting back to thought of imperialist Britain, but also hinders economic progress which, like it or not, is likely to come out of the emerging superpowers, not the existing ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    Did I ever say that ? No, I don't think I did.
    And there isn't anything wrong with it, im not questioning your personal opinion, I am questioning the logic behind the whole 'noone but whites' immigration policy you seem to be advocating, which is not only self defeating and reverting back to thought of imperialist Britain, but also hinders economic progress which, like it or not, is likely to come out of the emerging superpowers, not the existing ones.
    When Millions of white people start migrating to Pakistan or Bangladesh then you can complain about our 'imperialist attitude'. The British are far more tolerant than Muslims will ever be so you have no ground to lecture people.

And don't even contrast this with white holiday makers in dubai. It is simply not the same thing. You cannot get UAE citizenship if you are non-Muslim or non-Arab. And it is like that in most Arab states.

ReputationRep:
    When Millions of white people start migrating to Pakistan or Bangladesh then you can complain about our 'imperialist attitude'. The British are far more tolerant than Muslims will ever be so you have no ground to lecture people.

And don't even contrast this with white holiday makers in dubai. It is simply not the same thing. You cannot get UAE citizenship if you are non-Muslims or non-Arab. And it is like that in most Arab states.
    Why are you telling me things I didn't even say to you ? Where did I mention anything to do with Pakistan or Bangladesh ? Wha t I told you was that the western imperialist attitude rooted in Orientalism is self defeating in the 21st century as the west is more and more dependent on other sectors of the world to keep itself alive- and immigration is an essential part of the interdependence. Like it or not, Britain needs foriegn students, and those that pay the highest fees are from china, the middle east and India. It also needs foriegn investors, with more of them coming from the east and putting more people into the UK from there. It is also heavily dependent on cheap labour, which comes from migrants, not british nationals. If you want to have a rant about immigration, go talk to the majority of british companies that use it as a lifesource.
    The idea of a 'cultural superiority' is dead now, and if it was alive, it certainly would not be kicking in the west anymore.

secondly, why are you talking about UAE citizenship ? Have I ever sympathised with Saudi Arabia ? Nope, don't think I have; but perhaps you can apply your question to the thousands of British migrants who go to live in Australia, Spain, Turkey, Canada etc.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you telling me things I didn't even say to you ? Where did I mention anything to do with Pakistan or Bangladesh ? Wha t I told you was that the western imperialist attitude rooted in Orientalism is self defeating in the 21st century as the west is more and more dependent on other sectors of the world to keep itself alive- and immigration is an essential part of the interdependence. Like it or not, Britain needs foriegn students, and those that pay the highest fees are from china, the middle east and India. It also needs foriegn investors, with more of them coming from the east and putting more people into the UK from there. It is also heavily dependent on cheap labour, which comes from migrants, not british nationals. If you want to have a rant about immigration, go talk to the majority of british companies that use it as a lifesource.
    The idea of a 'cultural superiority' is dead now, and if it was alive, it certainly would not be kicking in the west anymore.

secondly, why are you talking about UAE citizenship ? Have I ever sympathised with Saudi Arabia ? Nope, don't think I have; but perhaps you can apply your question to the thousands of British migrants who go to live in Australia, Spain, Turkey, Canada etc.
    If we need cheap labour we can let in eastern european migrants keep non european migrants to an absolute minimum. We can also offer temporary working viasas and restrict settlemtn visas for non-eu migrants.

Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    The first claim it makes is untrue. The UK is not "the most densely populated country in Europe".

Monaco, Vatican City, Malta, San Marino, The Netherlands and Belgium all have population densities higher than that of the United Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_an...pean_countries
    No, its first claim was that England is the most densely populated country in Europe.

Which is true.

ReputationRep:
    If we need cheap labour we can let in eastern european migrants keep non european migrants to an absolute minimum. We can also offer temporary working viasas and restrict settlemtn visas for non-eu migrants.

Simples.
    Cheap labour is usually from eastern europeans anyway. You seem to be forgetting that non-eu immigration still legally only lets in skilled workers, of whom tend to work in the fields of academia, technology, medical, legal etc. Those 'non-eu' migrants that live in council estate ghettos of whom you seem to think are a 'threat to western society' have tended to either have come from families who have lived here since the 70's or are refugees ; much the former, rather than the latter. Hence the only way to theoretically 'stop the islamification' that the right seem to percieve is by actively deporting the minority of migrants who emigrated here in the 70s-80's.

ReputationRep:
    Cheap labour is usually from eastern europeans anyway. You seem to be forgetting that non-eu immigration still legally only lets in skilled workers, of whom tend to work in the fields of academia, technology, medical, legal etc. Those 'non-eu' migrants that live in council estate ghettos of whom you seem to think are a 'threat to western society' have tended to either have come from families who have lived here since the 70's or are refugees ; much the former, rather than the latter. Hence the only way to theoretically 'stop the islamification' that the right seem to percieve is by actively deporting the minority of migrants who emigrated here in the 70s-80's.
    I don't advocate deporting anyone. And we would not need skilled immigrants if our government trained up people to do those jobs. I am ****ing sick of people implying that only we incompetent whites need immigrants.

We only started the rennaisance and the industrial revolution for christ sake.

ReputationRep:
    It is over crowded and there are not enough jobs for the population. However just dealing with immigrants is not enough as we should also clean up the droves of working class vermin that are spreading (and if only they would be working class ).

ReputationRep:
    I don't advocate deporting anyone. And we would not need skilled immigrants if our government trained up people to do those jobs. I am ****ing sick of people implying that only we incompetent whites need immigrants.

Seems like you are considering in your posts on this thread, you havent offered any reasonable solution beyond absolutes. Unfortunately 'stopping muslim immigration' falls more into orientalism than it does practical immigration policy.
    secondly, its not just 'incompetant whites' that need mgrants. Most of the persian gulf is actively exploiting indian labour while offering a very generous welfare system. Singapore also depends highly on immigrants, as does thailand. In fact, it seems that as countries develop, immigrants seem to become more of a necessity.

Thirdly, there are countless incentives for people to retrain. In my area, the council offered free IT lessons for the community, as well as other courses in business and math, much of it which was wasted by the mostly white working class population who were more concerned with buying ciggarettes instead. If it was 'easy' to retrain the population, that policy would have been pursued, surely.

ReputationRep:

Lol.

"We only started"

There is no "We".

You had nothing to do with it. Some great minds created the conditions for the renaissance and came up with brilliant ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesman13)
    immigrantz hu r brown or blak must hav more rites dan write ppl && write ppl r hu c0mplane r b€ing racizt
    You're lucky you were born here. Non EU immigrants have to pass a basic English exam

(Original post by dzeh)
    Kick all leachers out from other countries that are claiming benefits.

These will consist of mainly muslims and other middle east degenerates.
    Most immigrants are actually benefiting the economy and not bringing it down. What do you then sugest we do about the majority White benefit leacher's are the majority when claiming benefits.

(Original post by dzeh)
    Next sort out the eastern european leachers.

Bingo, problem sorted.
    Well, for a start that's illegal...

Thats exactly why we should stop immigration. I don't want my country turning into an open toilet like india.
    How is India an "open toilet" when it's considered an emerging economy, and is generally faring quite well?

(Original post by gordoxo)
    only the working class have to worry about immigrants taking their jobs because noone else is as replacable as them
    And it's the working class that are mote likely to vote BNP, as they "took their jobs" innit man

I don't care, the whole planet thinks that we Europeans owe every third worlder a good life.

Newsflash ........... WE DON'T
    Who says that we owe them a good life? Also, it's basic human instinct to try and get a better quality of life. If a job in the UK paid £6000 and in the US it paid £60000 then you'd jump at the chance. This would unlikely be the case, but the difference is massive when it comes to third world migrants moving to first world countries.

(Original post by Jackthevillain)
    The BBC are left wing though and pro non eu immigration so its not a credible source.
    The left wingers say that the BBC is right wing, and the right wingers say that the BBC is left wing. They can't win really.

God did not create my society or my country, my ancestors did that. And for the record I don't believe in god.
    Not to be pedantic, but British ancestry comes from the "forrin" Vikings from the Nordic countries. There are very, very few people who have had a full British history ie: no Viking in their history any where.

(Original post by DarkWhite)
    If you're talking about the UK, then it's estimated to be around 60 million and is estimated to reach 70 million by around 2040.

Primary source of data being http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/idb/in...ionGateway.php.
    Tbf, that's not too bad by 2040, considering our population now has increased by more than 20% since 1950.

Personally I have a problem with all mass migration. However the pros of EU immigration is that more European migrants mean less non-eu migrants.

I think I can speak for the majority of Britons who would prefer European migrants to non-European migrants
    Why would you prefer EU immigration. Both types aren't native speakers, aren't properly "in to" the culture etc.. If the UK has/will adopt/ed the Canadian/Australian model, then that would mean that non EU immigrants would have to prove their worth to the economy

(Original post by Jackthevillain)
    I just dont see why it is needed at all.
    You may not like EU immigration, but it's perfectly legal for EU citizens to move within the EU freely. You could move to Germany for a better job if you wanted.

Your comments are completey irellevent to me. Oh and I think my Macdonald surname shows what ethnic group I come from. However I wont be lectured to on being Scottish by some Muslim child of immigrant
    So why does it matter that you were being lectured by a Muslim child of an immigrant? Some of my lecturer's are Muslims and some are also immigrants. You know you can also get white Muslims right?

(Original post by flembotembo)
    EU immigration is by far preferable because EU immigrants are culturally similar to us, and are basically 'invisible' immigrants, as they do not change the areas they move into.
    So what have non EU immigrants changed?

Why just because your a muslim we should all embrace Muslim immigration, I don't thinkso, I believe Muslim immigration should be stopped completely. And what is wrong with prefering immigrants of my own race ?
    Every heard of a white Muslim? or a brown Christian, or a brown Hindu?

The backbone of this country is indigenous britons not migrants. Without immigrants we would easily adapt. The fact is that this country would not grind to a halt without them.
    It did pretty much that post WW2. If you got rid of any one who's had links to an immigrant(including those that were born/nationalised), then the country would land itself in a depression. Deporting would also cost money, so the country's screwed itself over twice

It would then mean, they would have to ask people to come back to the UK. If people do decide to come back, it would cost the UK again in forms etc..

Another point on the British Empire. In WW2, India had the largest volunteer army in the history of the world(2.4 million) At least 800,000 of the men were Muslim. It's said that the allied forces may not have won if it wasn't for the bravery and loyalty of the Indian men. Citizenship in the UK was almost a reward for Indian citizens when they had been under British rule for so long. Britain was a democracy, but denied India the privilege until after the empire disbanded

Simples.
    What about when world class scientists are needed when this country is lacking in the amount of people studying a science subject at masters or PHD level? Also, what is your stance on US/AU immigration?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My conclusion:

Immigration is starting to become a problem yes. You also get the demography scares by DM and the like. What tends to happen with third generation immigrants is that they have about two or three children. We are a three sibling family, and a cousin of mine only wants around three kids as well(I know it's anecdotal evidence, but this is happening elsewhere as well)

The people that need getting rid of is the (thought of) 1 million illegal immigrants in the UK, though this is easier said than done

At any rate, the UK should adopt the Canadian/Australian model if it hasn't already(I CBA googling at this time of night)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZombieCharge)
    No, its first claim was that England is the most densely populated country in Europe.

Which is true.
    Source? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Lol amazing. In real life this poll should read 80%.

So why not on this forum? Why is this forum not representitive of real life immigration polls?

ReputationRep:
    Not really. We have entire generations of lazy *******s who are not able to work in harsh environments of factories. Thank God with EU, we can fill in these work places with strong, able people who are not afraid of physical effort.

We need to slash benefits. When lazy people will feel real poverty and condemnation then they will be bothered to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cybergrad)
    Disagree, when I travel to the countryside I see a lot of space.
    Hahaha, /thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.