Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eLECTROLOSIS)
    At the moment in rock music it has to be Matt Bellamy - his range is impossible. Although as much as everyone hates the little fella, Bono used to be able to belt out a great tune (Joshua Tree era)
    Disappointed in you as a fellow Radiohead fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrunetteChick)
    No, but implying that black singers are bad is. And yeah obvs the singers want money but there not gonna get the money if they’re not any good cuz people aren’t going to buy their singles if the music’s bad :L
    At what point did I say black singers are bad? I said that the artists I listed look and sound the same.

You're completely missing the point; It's the record companies that release music for money, not the artists, the artists have no control. (You really think that they write their own songs? Lol) They constantly pump out diabolical music for brainless morons that like to listen to songs that sound exactly the same.

Conclusion: Anyone who thinks Tinie Tempah or Will.i.am are some of the best singers is the world is a brainless moron.

ReputationRep:
    This song has been stuck in my head for a while, and while I couldn't definitively say he was the best singer in the world, he's definitely way up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NobSon)
    At what point did I say black singers are bad? I said that the artists I listed look and sound the same.

You're completely missing the point; It's the record companies that release music for money, not the artists, the artists have no control. (You really think that they write their own songs? Lol) They constantly pump out diabolical music for brainless morons that like to listen to songs that sound exactly the same.

Conclusion: Anyone who thinks Tinie Tempah or Will.i.am are some of the best singers is the world is a brainless moron.
    but.. tinie tempah and will.i.am arent singers! HAHA who thought they were singers? TT is a rapper and William is an autotune addict, neither of them should have been mentioned in this thread.

Oh btw, jay sean is asian, he went to my primary school :P (i just wanted to throw that in there)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    but.. tinie tempah and will.i.am arent singers! HAHA who thought they were singers? TT is a rapper and William is an autotune addict, neither of them should have been mentioned in this thread.

Oh btw, jay sean is asian, he went to my primary school :P (i just wanted to throw that in there)
    He's going by pictures, rather than genetics. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Hey, just wondered who everyone thinks is the best singer/has the best voice in the world. For me it's Chris Daughtry
    Róisín Murphy:

Sonja Kristina:

Nina Persson:

Minnie Riperton:

Kate Bush:

Alicia Keys:

Carly Simon:

Eva Cassidy:

Fiona Apple:

Julie London:

Each one is a virtuoso. Take your pick.

ReputationRep:
    Louis Armstrong, Beyonce, Katie Melua

ReputationRep:

You listed 'black' singers and then said they're awful lol! and true you also said that too yeah of course record companies release music for money but record companies are not gonna get any money if their recordings don’t sell, so to conclude the singer’s voice has gotta be good lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    He's going by pictures, rather than genetics. :rolleyes:
    lmao :L

ReputationRep:
    Beyonce is technically astounding but I don't think she has that much soul. I would say Christina Aguilera. People are gonna say that she doesn't compare to Billie Holiday, Etta James, Aretha Franklin etc. And realistically, she never will, because they came first. But whatever. Okay, she probably isn't the best singer in the world but in terms of style and tone she is my favourite. And she got soul.

Just don't talk about Bionic.

(Original post by Profesh)
    :bee2:
    Second preference votes for Fiona Apple and Alicia Keys. Feel a bit of a **** for putting Aguilera above Apple but you know.

ReputationRep:
    cheryl cole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You listed 'black' singers and then said they're awful lol!

How does that make me racist? If i said they were awful because they were black, that would be racist.

ReputationRep:
    I'm suprised no one has mentioned Ella Fitzgerald, Otis Redding, Frank Sinatra, Brian Wilson, Billie Holiday.

Otis & Billie are just brilliant :love:

ReputationRep:
    How does that make me racist? If i said they were awful because they were black, that would be racist.
    So are we agreed on the record label shizz now? lol and yeh but you implied that black singers were awful saying black guys sing awful lyrics. Don't worry i'm not offended by it cuz im not black but tbh i don't think the singers you listed are that awful.

ReputationRep:
    How about Placido Domingo? He still has a fantastic voice at 70

ReputationRep:
    you implied that black singers were awful saying black guys sing awful lyrics.
    I said that they all look and sound the same, and also sing very bad songs with very bad lyrics.

Believe me, I'm not racist :P There's also many, MANY white artist that I think are awful. Don't get me started on Bieber >.>

And you're completely missing the point about the record labels. The point is - they'll do anything to make money - like Black Eyed Peas completely ripping off and already very annoying song, and shoving in autotune wherever possible (have you heard Black Eyed Peas live? I'd want my money back if i went to one of their gigs xD)

ReputationRep:
    I said that they all look and sound the same, and also sing very bad songs with very bad lyrics.

Believe me, I'm not racist :P There's also many, MANY white artist that I think are awful. Don't get me started on Bieber >.>

And you're completely missing the point about the record labels. The point is - they'll do anything to make money - like Black Eyed Peas completely ripping off and already very annoying song, and shoving in autotune wherever possible (have you heard Black Eyed Peas live? I'd want my money back if i went to one of their gigs xD)

Pahaha okayy soo maybee lets move onto you being stereotypical? jokes jokes andd yess I agree with you there bout Bieber! lol and yes I have seen B.E.P live and they weren't as good :L

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Malkmus. Vocally he's not the greatest singer in the world but in terms of delivering superb lyrics with style, he has no equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Break To Build)
    Singer? I'm not sure you fully understand the definition of this word...
    Ever heard of a joke?
    I'm not sure you full yunderstand the definition of that word..

ReputationRep:
    MJ!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.