Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nottingham Trent Primary PGCE interview watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    are they actually giving anyone a place? its all been no's so far! makes me even more scared to ring!!!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=gregoir;29912718]true, im not saying all young peep are awesome and tip top, but obviously its a little unfair on those who want to start there career having competition from those who have been made redundant from there careers, but then thats not there fault, its the bloody governments fault.

17 years of experience, jesus they will snap you up, out of curiosity how cone you've decided now to become a teacher? have you applied before?[/QUOTE

Now I'm def scared to phone! I'm really sorry you didnt get it Greg you sounded like you so wanted it :-(

I started as a TA at 18 and then over the years have gain experience and confidence worked through getting my degree and now my boys have both started school it just seem like the right time. So I'm ready but its so frustrating that the final decision of what happens in my life is in the hands of someone else!

ReputationRep:
    i did really want it, the thing that pisses me off is that i know people will drop out and i know that a lot of people drop out in their nqt year, i cant get ta work as theres already lots of qualified people out there, seems bloody pointless trying to do something i know i would be great at, they need more male teachers!

im 26 so ok i have time but still a set back, do i continue in this field as i want to do it or give up and try something else.

ReputationRep:
    what is dees number???
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry to those who haven't got in :-( I'm terrified to ring now, every time I try I get the answerphone and i'm not sure i'm going to like the answer :-s

ReputationRep:
    Finally got through, rejected :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregoir)
    i did really want it, the thing that pisses me off is that i know people will drop out and i know that a lot of people drop out in their nqt year, i cant get ta work as theres already lots of qualified people out there, seems bloody pointless trying to do something i know i would be great at, they need more male teachers!

im 26 so ok i have time but still a set back, do i continue in this field as i want to do it or give up and try something else.
    Def dont give up! Are there any other uni options for you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emgrta)
    what is dees number???
    thanks

good luck she doesnt seem to have much happy news this morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrshorsy)
    0115 848 8977

good luck she doesnt seem to have much happy news this morning

thankyou!!!
    just rang and have been told that they are still waiting on a decision about me! arrrgh!

mrshorsy: have you rang yet?

ReputationRep:
    Is that because you have only just had your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Just phoned and it went to answer phone ! My heart was in my mouth , lol

Don't think I can take much more of this!

I feel so sorry for those of you that have been waiting months my interview was

on the 8th of Feb.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I've just spoken to Dee. She said those who have more recent interviews, like myself ( 8th Feb), are less likely to be able to find out. As in my case, the info had not been passed on to her! Doesn't mean that you can't phone and check as she is happy to have a look. She said they are trying to process them within two weeks of the interview ( for more recent ones ).

So I gotta wait!

ReputationRep:
    that is what she told me but my interview was on the 12th of jan so im a bit confused as i have seen that people who had interviews around the same time have found out!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregoir)

Don't give up ! you can always try Extra and then clearing. Plus your super young! My friend didn't get accepted last lear sp she found a job as TA and asked them to sponser her gtp. Now she is doing just that.

ReputationRep:
    Think that is a good sign emgrta. Means you have given them something to think about !

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yilishibi)
    Think that is a good sign emgrta. Means you have given them something to think about !

Good luck.

i hope so, thank you
    i just feel so bad for everyone who has already had a 'no' its so hard knowing what to do with your life when you have planned on something.
    good luck to everyone who is still waiting....there has to be some that are 'yes'

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you asked for any feedback as to why you didnt get in?

ReputationRep:
    Just spoke to Dee, bless her she has been bombarded with calls! She's caught on to the fact that we're posting on forums and twitter and things, lol she was like im going on my lunch now so tell your chat room that I wont be answering calls for the next hour!

But some good news to let everyone know there is hope for us all....i got offered a conditional place so there is a light at the end of this very very long tunnel!!!!

Good luck to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    when did you have your interview katie? WELL DONE!!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou .... i had my interview on 11th Jan such a relief!!!!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.