Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The age of consent should be lowered to 13. Watch

• View Poll Results: Should the age of consent be lowered to 13?
    yes
    11.32%
    no
    83.77%
    other
    4.91%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaturnVengeance)
    It's stupid and pointless to lock someone up because they had sex with a teenager. It's stupid, teens have sex with teens and adults have sex with adults, so why can't adults have sex with teens? Hell I have several friends who could go to prison for having sex with their 13-17 year old girlfriends, just because they are 18-21 years old. Hell right now I'm interested in a woman who is 17, but we wouldn't legally be able to have sex because I'm 18. My last girlfriend was 13 years old, and that was when I was 18 also. It's just a really stupid rule. There are people who have gone to prison and are registered sex offenders because they had sex with the person who is currently their wife, but they weren't when they had sex. Technically it's not pedophilia if they are 13 or older, so it has nothing to do with pedophilia. In some US states you can get married at 13. It's just a pointless law that puts good people behind bars. At 13 they are a teenager and able to make their own decisions. Who else would like the age of consent to be lowered to 13?
    You're sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    Did I say that ? I simply stated multiple reasons why I believed she was older. Never mind the blatant fact that she was in an over 18 club.

I would of believed her if she told me she was 21.

If guys asked every girl in a club if they might be 14 they would never get anywhere. You want me to ask every girl I meet for ID ?
    I'm not doubting your integrity; I know a 14 year old girl myself who looks at least 18. I was just picking up on your point about the breast size.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read the entire thread so this point might have been made earlier. Most of the posts tend to focus around a 18 year old dating a 13 year old, decreasing the age of consent legalises a sexual relationship between a 50-60 year old man and a 13 year old girl, I can only picture a father going to the police after a 60 year old man has had sex with his little girl being told there's nothing they can do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.