The Student Room Group

PLEASE TELL ME im not the only one who CANT REVISE?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I got exams on the 10th, 12th and 13th Jan. I've revised for 2 subjects got Maths to go, it's the first exam so I'll revise it last :tongue:
You need to relax, break the information up into bits and take it in slowly. Start by making revision notes, it will get stuck in your head and you won't even know it! :wink:
Reply 141
Original post by dentist92

Original post by dentist92
hey dear
DO YOU WANNA KNOW THAT YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN NOT REVISE ?

OKAY ME TO (UNFORTUNATELY) I DO HAVE AN EXAM ON MONDAY AND I AM TRYING MY BEST
WISH ME LUCK :confused:

Lets keep the caps lock to the lowest ok? :wink:
and Good Luck for your exams :biggrin:
Reply 142
Wow all you need to do is gather up the motivation to start revising for at least half an hour, then you'll find it easier to do more and more. I managed 5 hours of revision today with the intention of doing 2 (but then again I am naturally stupid and so need more revision to get a decent grade)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 143
my school cancelled january exams...but that just means more in summer......
Reply 144
Original post by IrishPerson
my 1st two tests are on the 10th AND I LITERALLY CANT STUDY!
I HAVE NO CONCENTRATION IM STARTING TO REALLY WORRYYYYYYYYYY

Emptying the dishwasher/cleaning/tidying my room - all seem much better options than revision....until results day :eek:
Reply 145
Original post by cool_beans1993
yh i applied 3 weeks a go for civil engineering...ive got 3 offers so far :biggrin:
its so hard to get into oxbridge and dayum medicine...my brothers doing medicine...ive always hated biology so it was never the thing for me :P

ohhh thats quite quick, my dad's a civil engineer and it seems a pretty cool job :tongue:
wheres he studying? biology's been my favourite subject since primary school, so it kind of made sense to study something biology/chemistry related :biggrin:
I blame TSR
i just can't be bothered to do anything today. I'll do some psychology tomorrow, after work, probably.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 147
Original post by Freerider101
Why do so many girls always say "ewwwwww physics"? That phrase almost seems like done thing said by any girl that either finds it too hard, boring or doesn't like science!!

because thats the only way to describe it!

well, i love science and i was actually better at physics than chemistry during GCSEs, but i have to say it is the most boring subject ever. i actually slept the way through my lessons last year :redface:
I do two minute "bursts" of revision - that's all i can handle. If it was an interesting subject then it might be a bit easier...but no, it's psychology, and I have to get at least a B in this exam. Man oh man.
Original post by maskofsanity
Revise? I haven't even started writing all my lecture notes that I missed during the semester! :sigh:

...Realises this is in the A-Level subforum... :getmecoat:

Well, I'm also at uni. and in the same boat as you :colondollar: 5 exams - 2 weeks to start. ****.

I was SUCH a geek at A-Level. ...what happened?!
Original post by laurie:)
ohhh thats quite quick, my dad's a civil engineer and it seems a pretty cool job :tongue:
wheres he studying? biology's been my favourite subject since primary school, so it kind of made sense to study something biology/chemistry related :biggrin:

hes studying in imperial...i like chemistry but i dropped it i dunno y lol ....do u kno what other unis u wanna apply to?
I haven't even looked at a Politics textbook yet, exam in 2 weeks. To add to this I have English Coursework and a Media essay to be doing for Wednesday next week, and for some reason it's more important to learn "F*ck You" by Cee Lo Green on piano :\

I find it really hard to revise as im constantly finding better things to do :frown: i find i just have to force myself to sit down for 10 mins then i really get into it :smile: my fav music in the background also helps :biggrin: GOOD LUCK :biggrin:
Reply 153
Original post by cool_beans1993
hes studying in imperial...i like chemistry but i dropped it i dunno y lol ....do u kno what other unis u wanna apply to?

well, i like the look of edinburgh and brighton + sussex, but i have to do the entrance exams first!
ahh i think chemistry is really interesting... but its quite hard! i don't know how im gonna get a decent grade in it! :frown:
Original post by revisionnightmare
Wish it worked that way :/ I'm on a gap year due to missing my grades last year. Now I've been given an easy offer from Nottingham and Bristol, so pressure's off slightly as I only need 2 more marks in two subjects.

But the thing this gap year has shown me is just how rubbish statements like yours above actually are. I think the reason a lot of people who miss uni due to bad grades or just go to a crappy one is fundamentally because of a problem with their personality which would apply to all forms of work. Not just school work. If you have the type of personality which will drive you to succeed then missing out uni is hardly a problem.

My manager at work has just graduated from Sheffield, but is now complaining because a lot of his friends from Hallam have managed to get insanely good jobs. I've heard of loads of ex-poly uni students who have walked into jobs we're constantly told go to the Russell Group. It's all a load of rubbish.

Then you have my friends brother and his friends. His brother is 23, earned 110k last year, is a director of an up and coming finance company and has the chance to buy 10% of the company for 100k, even though it's worth far more (free money), and didn't go to uni. He just got a job straight out of school with pretty poor A levels, worked hard and did some kind of financial qualifications. Was then asked by his boss to move to this new company with him, and after a year was made director. Base salary is 75k, then he gets commission for his services, although that's changing to pay per hour (which will work out as another 75k apparently).

A lot of his friends have done pretty well themselves. One guy went to Lincoln (I think) and got a job with a supermarket chain. He's now on 50k at 23.

Work hard at anything you do in life and you'll go places. But don't use that as an excuse not to revise now. The sooner you start working hard, the sooner you get used to working hard.

Wow, now that is what you call real motivation. Perhaps, even a little inspirational. :colondollar:

BUT, what would you say to someone that has severe asthma and has been bugged down with a flu/cold since the beginning of the holidays and is still ill. In a nutshell, that's been my life story for the christmas holidays. I've tried to stay in bed and revise bits everyday even though i've been vomiting at least once a day. I've now finished an entire subject and still have two more subjects (Maths and RS) to still go. Note that RS will take a lot of revision.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by laurie:)
well, i like the look of edinburgh and brighton + sussex, but i have to do the entrance exams first!
ahh i think chemistry is really interesting... but its quite hard! i don't know how im gonna get a decent grade in it! :frown:

oh yh the BMAT .... yh every1 finds chemistry hard its such a big jump from gcses...same goes for physics...
Reply 156

Story of my life :| I have an exam on the 12th, it's split into 3 parts and all I've managed to do is read through my notes on the first part :| I'm really panicking but I cannot concentrate AT ALL D:
Reply 157
I have 7 units to sit this jan and i plan out my revision every day fr abt 30 mins ..
OH but guess wat???

so far i have never went according to my plan :biggrin:
Reply 158
Original post by SpiralDale
I haven't even looked at a Politics textbook yet, exam in 2 weeks. To add to this I have English Coursework and a Media essay to be doing for Wednesday next week, and for some reason it's more important to learn "F*ck You" by Cee Lo Green on piano :\

Haha this sounds like what I do, I try to revise and end up getting my keyboard out and learning random parts of songs :')
Reply 159
My exam is 25th of jan, i should revise considiering my whole future is dependent on these grades but i get to distracted, i think most people ar liek this tbh x

Quick Reply

Latest