(Original post by twinlensreflex)
same to you your list reminded me of loafs of bands I like
Like Bread? :P
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't really pay much attention to music until I was about 3 or 4 years old as I was quite happy watching something like Tots TV or Rugrats lol. But here is my taste as follows;

AGED 3 -5 : ONLY the Spice Girls, never liked anything else

AGED 6-8: Steps, S Club 7, Five, B*Witched, Mel C, Geri Halliwell, Billie Piper, Vengaboyz, Britney Spears, Aqua, Daphne and Celeste

AGED 9-10: Steps, S Club 7, Five, S club Juniors, A1, Blue, Britney Spears, Allstars, Cheeky Girls, Busted, One True Voice, Girls Aloud, Hear'say, Robbie Williams, Avril Lavigne, Daniel Bedingfield, Eminem

AGED 11-12: Jamelia, Black Eyed Peas, Blue, Kelis, Anastacia, Evanescence, Green Day, Girls Aloud, Crazy Frog, James Blunt, Daniel Bedingfield, Rachel Stevens, Charlotte Church, Busted, Eminem, Kylie Minogue, Gwen Stefani, No Doubt, Atomic Kitten

AGED 13-14: Black Eyed Peas, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Maroon 5, Rihanna, Girls Aloud, Orson, Kelly Clarkson, Beyoncé, Take That, David Guetta, Eminem, Madonna, No Doubt

AGED 15-16: Girls Aloud, Black Eyed Peas, Pussycat Dolls, Katy Perry, Kanye West, Rihanna, Pendulum, Beyoncé, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Leona Lewis, Jordin Sparks, Linkin Park, No Doubt, J-Lo, The Ting-Tings, Alphabeat

AGED 17-18: LADY GAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Rihanna, Ke$ha, Katy Perry, Beyoncé, 3OH!3, Britney Spears, Linkin Park, Jay-Z, David Guetta, Example, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera, Good Charlotte, Eminem, Professor Green, Billy Talent, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Madonna, Pendulum, Ed Sheeran, Maroon 5, Limp Bizkit, Cheryl Cole, N Sync, Jessie J, JLS, DEV, Michael Bublé

NOW (19-20): Pretty much the same as 17-18 except add the Glee Cast, One Direction, The Wanted and Justin Bieber to that;
(This is my song of the moment )

Make of my taste what you want
Prepare-Yourself
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Listening to Tinchy Stryder must of been the lowest point of your life.
whyumadtho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pop => commercial rap/hip-hop => grime => underground rap/hip-hop with the occasional grime song
tooosh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Linkin Park, MCR and The Strokes for about 2 years from 12, then metal like maiden, then generic crappy metalcore, then extreme metal, and more recently hardcore and hip-hop.
kaylafrances
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by conorordan)
Then at Christmas I got my first iPod and filled it with about 200 tracks from a cousin's computer. Kanye West's Late Registration was on there. I'd never really heard rap music outside of the charts and I was amazed. Obviously it would take me a few years to understand what all the lyrics were about but I stuck with it.

Age 14
Just before I turned 14 Kanye West's Graduation came out and having already loved Late Registration I listened to it non-stop.

Age 15
Kanye West released his 4th album and it wasn't **** but it was way more electronic and it sorta put me off him for a bit, I started listening to other rappers like Eminem and the odd dance tune.
Also started listening to Biggie and Jay-Z, not even realising the Kanye West connection. Began to listen to loads of rap now that I could really appreciate the stories and social commentary in the lyrics.

Kanye finally got his **** together and released My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy which I thought was just incredible. It encouraged me to buy some old rap albums by the likes of Wu Tang Clan and Dr. Dre.

Age 18
Watch the Throne came out which I thought was the best thing in the world since anything, eight of the album's tracks are in my top 10 on iTunes.

Now - Almost 19
I saw Watch the Throne live and queued for about 4 hours, ending up only 4 or 5 rows from the front. Probably the best live show I'll ever see.
so basically kanye west makes your life worth living
that's cute
mancitymo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey was wondering when you get the time to check my music on youtube. I am a new upcoming MC in the UK that produces RAP/ HIP HOP/ GRIME MUSIC

Check it out on youtube: MC REMY where you can download free off sound cloud.

Hope you like it if you do please follow me on Facebook: MC REMY[video]Hey was wondering when you get the time to check my music on youtube. I am a new upcoming MC in the UK that produces RAP/ HIP HOP/ GRIME MUSIC Check it out on youtube: MC REMY where you can download free off sound cloud.

Hope you like it if you do please follow me on Facebook: MC REMY

Hey was wondering when you get the time to check my music on youtube. I am a new upcoming MC in the UK that produces RAP/ HIP HOP/ GRIME MUSIC

Check it out on youtube: MC REMY where you can download free off sound cloud.

Hope you like it if you do please follow me on Facebook: MC REMY

By the way I am a student studying in LONDON so would appreciate your time as a fellow student I am confident that you will like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-2iM...eature=related
xiarang
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Used to listen to Japanese Visual Kei for a good few years starting aged 12 (oh god, those dark days...), then went on to listen to K-pop for a year, and now it's a variety; generally rock, blues and jazz. I can only say that I have matured.
kingkongjaffa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
up untill 13 whatever was in the charts

between 13 and 15 - greenday, rise against other rock/punk bands

16+ blues rock , rock, acoustic random stuff

BB.king , joe bonnamasa, john mayer, eric clapton, dire straits , pink floyd,
jon gomm , city and colour, jack johnson, david grey
Theflyingbarney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Up until roughly age 13 I mainly listened to whatever was on, I wasn't that into music.

From then until about 15 it was pop-rock and a bit of punk, e.g. Green Day.

Somewhere after that point I discovered Muse (NOT via Twilight, thank god) and started to spread into some alternative/indie stuff as well

Now at nearly 18 I'm picking up some heavier stuff, but generally everything from Iron Maiden and Dragonforce to Rise Against and Audioslave. Also like old-school rock as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads