University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

Beholden
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Civil Engineering student here with a foundation year. My foundation year's going to be taught in St.Helens so being near the city centre for trains/buses is a must. So Prospect Point it is! I'm not disappointed.

Really odd thing about going to Prospect Point is I've worked as a Civil Engineering Technician for the last 3 years doing highways designs and the first ever job I did was to redesign the access road (Shepherd Street) to the Halls!

EDIT:

My choices are :
1: Prospect Point, Liberty Living
2: Philharmonic Court - S/C
3: Mulberry Court - S/C

Fingers crossed on the Prospect point as it will be perfect. Hopefully I'll get it quickly as I have an unconditional offer.
Popey93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I chose
1) Prospect point
2) Mulberry court
3) Philharmonic court

Was feeling pretty confident until I saw everyone (well at least a large majority) has already applied there. Ohwell, fingers crossed!
jlet
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by darranthemac)
Yay! Have you gone for catered or self catered?
s/c ensuite is my first choice
TheWire
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So far i´m thinking of applying to Mulberry Court, Philharmonic and i´m stuck for a 3rd choice maybe Melville Grove.
Jack McGill
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheWire)
So far i´m thinking of applying to Mulberry Court, Philharmonic and i´m stuck for a 3rd choice maybe Melville Grove.
After visiting I would strongly not advise it.
TheWire
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jack McGill)
After visiting I would strongly not advise it.
How come?
Jack McGill
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheWire)
How come?
It didn't seem very friendly at all, it seemed very cold with no atmosphere of any kind.
RickyC
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Regretting placing Melville Grove as #2 now :/
Jack McGill
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RickyC)
Regretting placing Melville Grove as #2 now :/
Well in fairness that was only my interpretation after one visit?

Where have you put first?
RickyC
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jack McGill)
Well in fairness that was only my interpretation after one visit?

Where have you put first?
Prospect point. I'm an access student though so I'll get my grades before most people, hoping that will give me an advantage. Wanted somewhere close to city, with little less craziness of the halls but with some atmosphere haha
Lydia John
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi guys, ive firmed liverpool. It seems like the UoL are less informative on the city/accomadation compared to other Russell Group institutions, maybe they'll send us more information closer to results day?

Im deffo picking Carnatic and was just wandering can anyone give me any information about each specific hall in Carnatic? thanks
razzmatazz rach
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've gone with

Prospect Point
Mulberry Court
Melville Grove

I know there is a slim chance for Prospect Point but I like the look of Mulberry Court.
I want to be on campus and self catered which only leaves 4 and my ex is currently in Philharmonic Court and I stayed there a few times and didn't like it at all. Also I know with my luck I would end up in his room and that would be annoying, depressing and stupid.
Rebecca001
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lydia John)
Hi guys, ive firmed liverpool. It seems like the UoL are less informative on the city/accomadation compared to other Russell Group institutions, maybe they'll send us more information closer to results day?

Im deffo picking Carnatic and was just wandering can anyone give me any information about each specific hall in Carnatic? thanks
It depends what you're going for, some are shared between 4 people, some are 5 with a personal wash basin, and Dale is two per bathroom, but only baths.
they sent me a booklet before i went to the accommodation open day, which i'm sure there'll be another. there wasnt a great deal of info, and i actually thought the website was a little better! i combined that with a bit of google maps and made my decision its all about what you want really!
Lydia John
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rebecca001)
It depends what you're going for, some are shared between 4 people, some are 5 with a personal wash basin, and Dale is two per bathroom, but only baths.
they sent me a booklet before i went to the accommodation open day, which i'm sure there'll be another. there wasnt a great deal of info, and i actually thought the website was a little better! i combined that with a bit of google maps and made my decision its all about what you want really!
Thank you Im a bit indecisive because i didnt get a chance to go to the accom open day, i hadnt thought of maps but ill look at it now!
lauren6210
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey iv put;

1) D&R self catered
2) R&G catered
3) D&R catered

as you can see all greebank iv been looking though different forums like this and i havent seen many saying thay they have chosen greenbank :/ eventhough this may be good as there will be less compatition but im worried that maybe greenbank wasnt the right choice. What do people think?
TheKnowledge
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lauren6210)
Hey iv put;

1) D&R self catered
2) R&G catered
3) D&R catered

as you can see all greebank iv been looking though different forums like this and i havent seen many saying thay they have chosen greenbank :/ eventhough this may be good as there will be less compatition but im worried that maybe greenbank wasnt the right choice. What do people think?
Nah man, Greenbank ftw! It doesn't matter too much imo, the halls will always be packed with people and you'll make friends wherever you go

Might change my my 2nd choice greenbank to something else though, maybe Salisbury...
lauren6210
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheKnowledge)
Nah man, Greenbank ftw! It doesn't matter too much imo, the halls will always be packed with people and you'll make friends wherever you go

Might change my my 2nd choice greenbank to something else though, maybe Salisbury...
Ok thank you
TheKnowledge
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lauren6210)
Ok thank you
off-topic, but your sig made me lol
Rebecca001
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lydia John)
Thank you Im a bit indecisive because i didnt get a chance to go to the accom open day, i hadnt thought of maps but ill look at it now!
for the off campus stuff i just did satellite view just to get an idea of where the halls where in comparison to each other (i could roughly remember where the bus stop there was). not ideal, but it gives you an idea
lauren6210
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheKnowledge)
off-topic, but your sig made me lol
hehe .... it's funny
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.61%
No - but I will (56)
7.19%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (374)
48.01%

Watched Threads