The "Exeter (Cornwall) Firmers 2011" Thread! Watch

Debbie :)
Badges: 0
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ice_white_tiger)
Hey Debbie! Depends what you mean by "all other unis". I can tell you that four of the main parties during Fresher's Fortnight are:

Pirate Party (It's Cornwall and it's tradition and a lot of fun d
UV Party (Self-Explanatory)
Psycho Circus (Dress up as clowns, Heath Ledger's Joker, psychos, killers, maniacs, zombie acrobats, people on stilts... you get the picture. I'm deathly terrfied of clowns so I never went to it during my Freshers, but it was a huge hit with everyone else and apparently the one of the best Freshers parties they've ever had, so it's back by popular demand)
Fresher's Ball (ends the fortnight, everyone dresses up all pretty with Venecian masks and stuff )

Besides that there's the usual pub crawl, the massive quiz night, karaoke, the fayre (to sign upto societies and get a bunch of free stuff)... That's basically a breakdown of it all right there . Hope it helps!

BTW, I'm not an Exeter student... I'm a Falmouth one. But I've just finished a BA there and about to do a Masters, so any questions about the campus and Falmouth in general I can answer them!
lol im looking forward to the pirate night :P

my friends boyfriend is going there too, so she wants me to find out what kinda place it is and if she needs to worry over freshers (she has trust issues but just enlighten me) lol
ice_white_tiger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ohhhh... right. The sex thing d:

Something like that depends on the person, really. I can't really compare it to other universities (I've never been to any others), but I wouldn't of said there was much in the way of "Fresher Flings"; they happen if you want them to happen, though. And Freshers is all about meeting new people, so I would suggest to your friend not to put too much of a lead on him or else he won't meet anyone at all.

If it puts your mind at ease, I come from a group of friends in which 4 of us came to uni with boyfriends/girlfriends (myself included), and we're all still together now. Ups and downs, yes, but as long as you trust each other and neither of them go mental that the other one is having fun and making friends without them, then they'll be fine

And Falmouth is a LOVELY place to visit, there's nothing to say she can't! d:
ninjazzz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Chris-Freer)
Not quite, I've firmed it as both by firm and insurance (4 year firm, 3 insurance)
I loved the place on the first open day, and even more on the post-offer open day.
The only problem with it is its probably the university that is physically furthest away from me! I know one other person who's firmed Zoology who I met at the Feb POOD

Hope to see you all very soon
oh cool, I love it too I applied for the four year course but got offered a place on the three year, which one did you get in to?
Also, does anyone know if we are supposed to buy all the books in the recomended book list?
thanks
charchar0308
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey I'm going to be studying Conservation Biology & Ecology. Did everyone get the reading list? Do we need to buy all of the books because they are really expensive!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads