Turn on thread page Beta

KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    1st percentile being the best or the 100th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Do you think so? I had guessed any questions that looked hard and answered any I could.

68/39 percentiles (numerical/verbal)
    Doesn't sound too good! Passed both nevertheless
    Your marks give me hope! (with all due respect)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoSho')
    Cool I was quite surprised too. But it is percentiles, meaning the 50th percentile is perfectly average. I assume I'm above avg on the numerical but below avg on the verbal reasoning.

They did say they expect 70% to pass...

ReputationRep:
    There not marks, they're percentiles, so your marks may put you in a lower percentile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Cool I was quite surprised too. But it is percentiles, meaning the 50th percentile is perfectly average. I assume I'm above avg on the numerical but below avg on the verbal reasoning.

They did say they expect 70% to pass...
    So that means if you got 68/39 so you were 18 above the average then 11 below the average?
    I messed up the verbal big time and got 19... but my numerical was 73... they said they'll get back to mein a few days D: I dont think its like im going to be going any further in this :L

ReputationRep:
    percentiles mean if you got 81, you did better than 81 percent of the people who've taken the test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbiegirl1991)
    percentiles mean if you got 81, you did better than 81 percent of the people who've taken the test
    You have given me slightly more hope! :P
    So if I got 73/19 then if they put it together its like 46 percentile maybe which means ive done better than 46% of people?
    So thats better than their 30% they wants...
    Does that mean if people come through now and do amazing then I wont get in... and maybe if people come through and do bad I have a chance?
    But the fact my verbal is below 30 percentile means I have a very bad starting point sorta thing. So that would work very much against me. OMG this is confusing... just tell me yes or no now kpmg! GAH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChappersBC)
    You have given me slightly more hope! :P
    So if I got 73/19 then if they put it together its like 46 percentile maybe which means ive done better than 46% of people?
    So thats better than their 30% they wants...
    Does that mean if people come through now and do amazing then I wont get in... and maybe if people come through and do bad I have a chance?
    But the fact my verbal is below 30 percentile means I have a very bad starting point sorta thing. So that would work very much against me. OMG this is confusing... just tell me yes or no now kpmg! GAH!
    I think for you they've essentially said 'not good enough for the moment, but not disastourous, we'll see how other people get on before making a decision'

ReputationRep:
    n-75 percentile
    v-48 percentile

Is it better to get higher or lower?

ReputationRep:
    higher

ReputationRep:
    Why did people find the verbal test so difficult?

ReputationRep:
    Why did people find the verbal test so difficult?
    When I did it I thought it was fine and the numerical was awefull :/ but reflecting on my scores they're opposite :/....
    v-48
    N-75

ReputationRep:
    I got 69/37 so not brilliant.
    I wonder how many people passed the tests and are left for the 100 or so places?
    Anyone else applying for the MK branch?

ReputationRep:
    They sent out e-mails today encouraging more people to join. Wondering why...? Did a lot of people fail the test, maybe?

ReputationRep:
    They sent out e-mails today encouraging more people to join. Wondering why...? Did a lot of people fail the test, maybe?
    I would definitely apply for this, but i can't at the moment as I dont have access to my academic reference and can't paste it in the application, until I get back to school which is on the 26th and i'm sure by then it will be too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wezzler)
    I would definitely apply for this, but i can't at the moment as I dont have access to my academic reference and can't paste it in the application, until I get back to school which is on the 26th and i'm sure by then it will be too late.
    Could be bud. At the open day I went to, a lot of people put in their personal statements rather than their academic references and no one seemed to be bothered. So that might be a route worth considering. Better to try than do nothing!

ReputationRep:
    The tests are difficult and a lot of people at your age won't have the experience at filling out application forms and doing these tests. I'd advise asking teachers/careers for help completing the application forms and have good practice at the tests using the sites they suggest.

They've had a lot of interest in this program. Keep it up guys Congrats to those who passed the tests.

ReputationRep:
    Could be bud. At the open day I went to, a lot of people put in their personal statements rather than their academic references and no one seemed to be bothered. So that might be a route worth considering. Better to try than do nothing!
    A personal statement which is all based on Economics when it specifically asks for an academic reference, surely that can't be right? I'll wait if its too late oh well im not too bothered ive got an offer from bristol for econ anyways, shame i didnt see it earlier though.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone keeps saying that the real tests were harder than the practice, what made them harder?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone keeps saying that the real tests were harder than the practice, what made them harder?
    Time pressure and more complex questions. You have to take more information in. That's my opinion of when I done the tests for the internship anyway.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.