Girl thanks god for Japanese Tsunami Watch

Hanvyj
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sendaii)
Anyone notice that most of the people who say Japan deserved it are religious? Not saying that all religious people are like this, but religion does seem to turn people into knuckle-dragging morons...
Correlation does not imply causation!

Maybe "knuckle-dragging morons" are actually more likley to be attracted to religion? (disclamer: I'm just pointing out a flaw in the argument using this person views, these do not represent my own! lol)
Retrodiction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hanvyj)
Correlation does not imply causation!

Maybe "knuckle-dragging morons" are actually more likley to be attracted to religion? (disclamer: I'm just pointing out a flaw in the argument using this person views, these do not represent my own! lol)
Correlation does imply causation, it just doesn't necessarily denote it.
S_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Ah what a crazy *****. Isn't it worse that she all those things as a joke?
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sendaii)
While of course, conveniently forgetting the thousands of innocent civilians that were killed in the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
I'm not stating ignorance by saying 'pearl harbour factor' what i meant is that they isolated 'pearl harbour' out of world war 2 and say it is karma whilst ignoring the millions who died as you already said. hence it is their misunderstanding of karma causing such behaviour.

Nonetheless it is a minority.
Hanvyj
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Retrodiction)
Correlation does imply causation, it just doesn't necessarily denote it.
I think I was correct in using the word imply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla...mply_causation
tface
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First off let me state that I absolutely do not agree with anything said in this video! Also, sorry if it has already been posted but I couldn't see it anywhere and I'm not a regular in the Religion forum.

So it's basically this girl who believes that God smote Japan in order to punish the atheists and make them believe in God. (I don't know what she thinks it was intended to do to the other religions there, not to mention the Christians that must have died?!)

So I don't have a great deal of experience with religion, how many Christians have this line of thought?! I would assume not many, but I hear a lot of crazy things about the bible belt in America...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDl0X_awwjU

:eek:

edit - link should work now
yougotitlikethat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Link please?
zxh800
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not many.

Also, she's a self-confessed troll (youtube link does not work but if it's who I think it is then yup troll)
PurpleNinja
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rest assured that those of 4chan fame have already exacted their revenge.
dyrim
Report 7 years ago
This the link you meant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYVhRnwrVLI
tface
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry, fixed the link

(Original post by zxh800)
Not many.

Also, she's a self-confessed troll (youtube link does not work but if it's who I think it is then yup troll)
Yeah this wouldn't surprise me. Apparently she deleted her account soon after this was uploaded.

(Original post by yougotitlikethat)
Link please?
zxh800
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tface)
Yeah this wouldn't surprise me. Apparently she deleted her account soon after this was uploaded.
Yup it's her. I saw the video of her admitting to it yesterday. I thought she was genuine originally though
tface
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zxh800)
Yup it's her. I saw the video of her admitting to it yesterday. I thought she was genuine originally though
Yeah my thought when watching was holy **** followed by probably a troll, convincing acting though!
Le_Bow
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh look a stupid Christian! Never seen one of those before...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads