What strange food habits do you have? Watch

TotoMimo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aliluvschoc)
I find myself attempting to chew yoghurt and icecream. :emo:
With "liquid foods" like yoghurt, custard, soup etc, I don't necessarily always "chew" it (though I do this too sometimes, inexplicably), I have this childish habit of squooshing it back and forth through my teeth before I swallow it. I ALWAYS do it. I love to do it with jelly because it really squooshes.
laura loo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I've made cheese on toast, I have to get kitchen roll, wait until it's cooled for a minute and then blot the excess grease off. Turns the paper orange, yuk!

I also do this with pizza, and thought it was hilarious when I saw a character played my Ben Stiller do it in a film once - can't remember which one. It made me feel that there were other neurotic foodies out there!

Apart from that, I always save the 'best' bit of a snack or meal until the end. And I have a bad habit of turning my plate round as I eat to get to certain bits of food, which my mortified friends have stopped me doing in restaurants now! :oops:
Destroyviruses
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
just this , I find the optimum way to eat cheese is to take a big bite of cheese then a big bite of nutty bread. (while the cheese is in the mouth) . Not in a cheese sandwich and not on crackers and not on its own. Okay on its own is second best!

My tongue is also highly sensitive to sweetness so I can taste sweetness in tea ,no sugar with a drop of milk! Find the extra chewing gums sooooo sweet if I haven't had them in a while.
Destroyviruses
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TotoMimo)
With "liquid foods" like yoghurt, custard, soup etc, I don't necessarily always "chew" it (though I do this too sometimes, inexplicably), I have this childish habit of squooshing it back and forth through my teeth before I swallow it. I ALWAYS do it. I love to do it with jelly because it really squooshes.
I do that with jelly! It feels sooo nice!!
Kayak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jordz)
Crisps make me want to vomit. The smell, the taste, the flavour dust, everything.

If someone eats crisps near me I have to move, and they're not allowed to touch me or anything of mine whilst/after eating crisps. If they want to touch me or my things, you know where the washroom is.

Gross. I reckon it's an actual phobia. All this crisp talk in this thread is making me anxious.
Agreed! I hate it! I've got better now, but I used to leave the room when someone came in eating crisps! Now I just breathe through my mouth so I don't have to smell them, but nope, do not like them at all. And I really don't like being offered one at school, when someone holds the packet out to you and I try to politely refuse even though I know I'm probably looking at them like they've just offered me a pile of dog poo or something!
Destroyviruses
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by laura loo)
When I've made cheese on toast, I have to get kitchen roll, wait until it's cooled for a minute and then blot the excess grease off. Turns the paper orange, yuk!

I also do this with pizza, and thought it was hilarious when I saw a character played my Ben Stiller do it in a film once - can't remember which one. It made me feel that there were other neurotic foodies out there!

Apart from that, I always save the 'best' bit of a snack or meal until the end. And I have a bad habit of turning my plate round as I eat to get to certain bits of food, which my mortified friends have stopped me doing in restaurants now! :oops:
That plate turning thing is so cool! How dare they stop you!
ElfManiac
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Saving the best till last.

Except that my mum cooked sausages and roast parsnips and sweet potato and red cabbage last time I was home, and I couldn't decide what the best bit was :eek:
Kayak
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I also have a habit of eating the insides of everything. I'm not a huge fan of sausages, but if we do have them I'll eat the insides and leave the 'skin', even on skinless sausages! The same with roast potatoes- eat the potato inside, leave the 'skin' (unless of course I get first pick of the potatoes, in which case I will go for the really really crispy outer ones, which I will eat all of). I also love to chop all of my food up into little bits, and then mush it together- roast dinners mainly. It sounds disgusting, and looks even more disgusting, but mmmm. Especially if there's breadsauce and stuffing to mush it all together with. Mum always gets annoyed with me because at the end of every meal my plate looks like a bombs gone off on it!
Kayak
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ElfManiac)
Saving the best till last.

Except that my mum cooked sausages and roast parsnips and sweet potato and red cabbage last time I was home, and I couldn't decide what the best bit was :eek:
I learnt my lesson on that one- I was at my friends house and we had bacon sandwiches, I had saved the nicest bits of bacon all in this last quarter of the sandwich, and nipped upstairs to grab something. Came back down to find her looking sheepish, and saying 'You didn't want the rest of that sandwich did you?'. 'Yes, of course I did, those were the best bits I was saving'. 'Oh. Woops. I threw it away.' :eek:
v1k2a3t4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Only with walkers salt and vinegar crisps I have to crush them into tiny pieces then pour them into my mouth

And I pick the veins out of whatever meat I'm eating cos well blehh!
laura loo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Destroyviruses)
That plate turning thing is so cool! How dare they stop you!
Ha ha. I don't mean to do it, but I think I always have and it's subconscious now. It's actually really hard for me to not turn it when I'm out, but I guess I've never seen anyone else doing it except little kids so maybe it is a bit odd?

Oh well, I'm a plate turner and I'm not ashamed!
espada00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by v1k2a3t4)
Only with walkers salt and vinegar crisps I have to crush them into tiny pieces then pour them into my mouth

And I pick the veins out of whatever meat I'm eating cos well blehh!
Ever had a crisp sandwich? Have it with untoasted bread, the contrast between soft and crunchy with this particular concoction is strange but satisfying.
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by espada00)
Ever had a crisp sandwich? Have it with untoasted bread, the contrast between soft and crunchy with this particular concoction is strange but satisfying.
I thought absolutely everyone in the UK ate crisp sandwiches by default. It's a bit like a chip butty, it's just something we do!
flown_muse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Destroyviruses)
Wow you sound like you have sensory processing disorder!
What's that?
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not me, but I was recently with someone who ate a whole kiwi fruit... like, the furry skin and everything. Made me shudder inside...

I dunno if I have any real weird ones. I have odd food combos (ryvita and lemon curd FTW :coma:) and various silly healthy things, but apart from that...
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CJ)
Not me, but I was recently with someone who ate a whole kiwi fruit... like, the furry skin and everything. Made me shudder inside...

I dunno if I have any real weird ones. I have odd food combos (ryvita and lemon curd FTW :coma:) and various silly healthy things, but apart from that...
I thought the furry kiwi skin was fair game! Didn't realise it was weird to ingest it!
Lord Jon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dad's are freaks :lolwut: :sexface: lol
(Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
Why is it that Dads have strange food fetishes?

Mine puts beans in everything and then douses with soy sauce :lolwut:.
Lord Jon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No idea why destroyviruses says this. A SPD is when you cannot recognise senses correctly such as visual,auditory,feel etc.....

maybe he means you have crap culinary taste.
(Original post by flown_muse)
What's that?
ch0llima
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
Fried egg sandwiches - I peel the crusts off the bread and dunk them in ketchup or any yolk which drips out of the egg and onto the plate.

Bread rolls - I remove the inside of the top half and eat that separately, meaning room for more filling inside the roll as you've liberated the top half.

Pringles - I always eat them in groups of five :lolwut:
kristinaalovesu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I put butter in everything I cook. I feel like a chef when I put butter while I'm cooking.
When I eat something fried, I dip it in ranch/ketchup/mayo/honey mustard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1411)
79.63%
Leave (361)
20.37%

Watched Threads