Awful (1)
0.66%
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
He's had a wife before you know. Even a child and grandchild.
Oh, I know that, I've watched a fair amount of Old Who. But it still seems a little wrong to me. It's hard to explain why exactly.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)
Oh, I know that, I've watched a fair amount of Old Who. But it still seems a little wrong to me. It's hard to explain why exactly.
No I share same feelings. He shouldn't be linked to someone so fixed and mortal when he is so unfixed and changing.

Unless that person is me. OBVS.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by d123)
She's grown on me a lot, I quite like her. I don't like the idea of her being his wife though, but that's probably because I don't like the idea of him being human enough to do things like that! I had the same reaction to the Rose thing really.
Seriously? Who's to say that falling in love is a human thing?

Anyway the line from The Beast Below perfectly sums this up.

Amy: You're an alien? But you look human.
Doctor: No you look Time Lord

Well it doesn't really sum it up but it does enhance my view.

Falling in love doesn't make the Doctor any less alien, in the same way that falling out of love doesn't make us less human.
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How does River know that's her last kiss if she doesn't know her future? :holmes:
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
I don't! I made them up as ages make things easier to explain in human terms
Ahh I see.

(Original post by d123)
Fair enough. For it's fine as Time Lords married and so why can't the Doctor again? I mean he trusts her by the end so much that he tells her his real name.

(Original post by NaturalDisaster)
I didn't say she married him, just that she was engaged to him at one point.
That was still only ever implied and not actually shown to be true.

Rule 1 in TV-unless you've actually seen it then it might not be true.

For example, if you watched BBCs 'The Deep' at the end of the4th episode, Glem is in the mini submarine thing, and the crack omes on the screen and you assume that with the sequence of his crew in the big ship below that he has died with the pressure craving in. However you find out in the last episode that he hasn't died. (He does lter in a different way but it wasnt in the sub thing.
d123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
Seriously? Who's to say that falling in love is a human thing?

Anyway the line from The Beast Below perfectly sums this up.

Amy: You're an alien? But you look human.
Doctor: No you look Time Lord

Well it doesn't really sum it up but it does enhance my view.

Falling in love doesn't make the Doctor any less alien, in the same way that falling out of love doesn't make us less human.
Fair point, and that last sentence sounds incredibly profound! Maybe I'll be able to articulate my point slightly better when I'm less tired. All that's popping into my head right now is Donna shouting something along the lines of 'Mate? You want to mate? I already know you've got two hearts, don't want to know what else you've got two of'. That really is nothing to do with what I'm thinking though.

I really should go to sleep ..
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
How does River know that's her last kiss if she doesn't know her future? :holmes:
Opposite time-lines.

Everything that is his first is her last and vice versa.
kw316
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am i the only one who doesn't like Rory?
He is just wimpy and annoying, sorry Rory fans :talkhand:
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because the Doctor hadn't kissed her before. His first = her last.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because he said it was their first...

And opposite timelines. Boom...

That's why she was all surprised when he said it was their first...
Doughnuts!!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Okay, when we first met River in the library she was 55 (btw generic age, not actual age necessarily), when we met her during the Matt Smith era she was 50 (once again generic age) and by now she is 45 (and again generic age). In contrast the Doctor is getting gradually older. So when River is 55 she has all the memories of her meetings with the Doctor her whole life. However it's the first time the Doctor has met her. Now, she has no memories of any of the episodes we've seen her in (as to her they haven't happened yet) but the Doctor has memories of the episodes we've seen her in and is gradually trying to work out who she is.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. That's why it's her last kiss and his first kiss. She's going to forget it and there's going to be a point where she doesn't know who the hell he is.

I must have seriously misunderstood what she said in the last episode because I thought that there'd be a point where he knows nothing about her and she knows everything about him.
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BRAIN WAVE! The silence are either obtaining TimeLord technology on their own or having outside help. As the Doctor said, The Silence do not create their own hardware or tech, they borrow from the people they control and manipulate. Not to mention they all wear suits like the Doctor?

The Silence spaceship looked like an inside control room to a Tardis. It had a control panel just like the Doctor's. He walked out of his Tardis into the control room took a good look around, only to say ''Oh interesting. Very open road seen one of these before. Abandoned, wonder how that happened''

Some one was controlling his Tardis before was they not? can't remember.

Could the half time lord child be a result of them borrowing Time Lord and human DNA? combining the Doctors and Amy Pond?! dun dun dun.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. That's why it's her last kiss and his first kiss. She's going to forget it and there's going to be a point where she doesn't know who the hell he is.

I must have seriously misunderstood what she said in the last episode because I thought that there'd be a point where he knows nothing about her and she knows everything about him.
That point happened in the Library episode.
smoozth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Craig and Sophie's baby have something to do with this. Remember how the space ship in the flat looked just like the space ship of the Silence.

(Original post by Reformed2010)
''Oh interesting. Very open road seen one of these before. Abandoned, wonder how that happened''.
Perhaps a reference to that ship?
TulipFields
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Master with blonde hair...mmmmm. Love evil geniuses. I always seem to be attracted to villains in films/TV shows...
Me too! I like some protagonists, but evil guys are so much sexier :coma:
Though I like most of Dr Who male cast, good and bad alike (except possibly dreamlord, hah) I really fancied Father Octavian , but angels killed him :nopity:
misst911
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Fine, there's still plenty of fictional men in the sea of novels...I'm already the mistress of Draco Malfoy (why won't he divorce his wife, why?!)
Again...:sexface:
blu tack
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by smoozth)
I think Craig and Sophie's baby have something to do with this. Remember how the space ship in the flat looked just like the space ship of the Silence.

Perhaps a reference to that ship?
He said 'very [Elland?] road', whatever the name was of the road that the Lodger was set on. He knows it's the same ship.
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by blu tack)
He said 'very [Elland?] road', whatever the name was of the road that the Lodger was set on. He knows it's the same ship.
According to subtitles on iPlayer, Aickland Road :p:
blu tack
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
According to subtitles on iPlayer, Aickland Road :p:
Oh yeah, Elland Road is something else entirely now that I think about it- no wonder it sounded familiar!
Captain Crash
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Reformed2010)
BRAIN WAVE! The silence are either obtaining TimeLord technology on their own or having outside help. As the Doctor said, The Silence do not create their own hardware or tech, they borrow from the people they control and manipulate. Not to mention they all wear suits like the Doctor?

The Silence spaceship looked like an inside control room to a Tardis. It had a control panel just like the Doctor's. He walked out of his Tardis into the control room took a good look around, only to say ''Oh interesting. Very open road seen one of these before. Abandoned, wonder how that happened''

Some one was controlling his Tardis before was they not? can't remember.

Could the half time lord child be a result of them borrowing Time Lord and human DNA? combining the Doctors and Amy Pond?! dun dun dun.
The control room was identical to the spaceship in 'The Lodger' not the Tardis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads