Do your parents get a bit uneasy if you date outside your race? Watch

Poll: Do your parents get a bit uneasy if you date outside your race?
Yeah at first, but then they got ok with it (55)
21.74%
No, they were ok with it right from the start (126)
49.8%
Yeah but even though they’ve forbidden me, I do it anyways! (40)
15.81%
Yes, and I obey their wishes… (32)
12.65%
Anonymous #9
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Angie varona)
They are cool with every other race except black.Even mixed race is fine but not black.

I dont like black girls at all so its all good anyway.They're ugly imo.

Seriously????????
ShayCamp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by /raees.rahim)
Don't care as long as they're not black.
Are you serious?

OP: My mum knows i'm into practically every race out there so she wouldn't mind...at all. In fact, she'd be suprised if I came home with a black guy. She probably wouldn't be as tolerant...weird right?
ShayCamp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Well, I am of the human race.

If I started dating a horse or chimpanzee I might expect my parents to have words with me.
Nice one +rep!
ShayCamp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nizzay!)
Yes, my parents will feel uneasy about me dating outside my race. To be fair, I only date people in my race (South Asian), but if a fine black gyal came my way, I wouldnt say no to her either. :teehee:
Oh no! I tried to pos rep you
"You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today"
KNOB-head
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by effofex)
Well - it depends on the racial group surely? If the racial group which you are from has a recent history of violence with the racial group which your prospective partner is from then it could pose a few problems.

e.g. (German male & English female; Chinese male & Japanese female; Israeli male & Egyptian female; Indian male and Portuguese female; Iraqi male and Iranian female, etc, etc.).
india and portugal? you been sniffing your mums panties again?
effofex
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KNOB-head)
india and portugal? you been sniffing your mums panties again?
What?
KNOB-head
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what?
HAVEe YOU BEEN SNIFFING YOUR MOTHERS PANTS AGAIN?
effofex
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
HAVEe YOU BEEN SNIFFING YOUR MOTHERS PANTS AGAIN?
What?
KNOB-head
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What?
say what again. i dare you. i double dare you mother****er
goddogit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My mums normal sentence is 'Im just happy you arent going to bring any girls home to us'. im indian :|
ShayCamp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm Indian. The rule in our house in NO Whites, NO Blacks and NO Muslims. My mum also told me not to marry an Oriental guy because she doesn't want a 'slit eyed - flat faced' grandchild haha.
Hahahaa this made me laugh so much! Aaah so rude, but so funny. :rolleyes:
neuro101
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rossical)
I'm mixed myself, so i dont see them having any issues
The UK is probably the most open minded country when it comes to interracial relationships, i read an article somewhere saying that we have the highest interracial marriage percentage ...if this were America the poll results would be very different
Really?! There is A LOT of interracial marriage in the US, in fact, it's quite rare to find someone that is "pure" Caucasian. And if you did, it will be most likely be in the very conservative southern states.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dee Leigh)
Not being rude but I'd never ever want to be with a 'freshie' African guy.
:lol: I kinda see what you mean. Even though you may originate from the same country/region, there'd maybe be a bit of a cultural barrier, right?
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Angie varona)
They are cool with every other race except black.Even mixed race is fine but not black.
Seems like a strange concept, you can be mixed race and still very dark (Bob Marley), and depending on upbringing very much a "black person" in terms of mentality and personality.

I'm mixed race, my parents wouldn't care. I think they may have certain stereotypical views but would judge the person when they met them individually.
LoveErinxo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
:hi:
Haha
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
wonder why parents are so worried about black guys, haha, I'm not gonna take her down the hood or take her drug dealing, lmao, the white people i know actually do more drugs than the black ones i know. :eyebrow:
RexyB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ebuwa)
I think the whole Ghanian and Naij beef is silly.
That was a joke. Nah - I didn't even know it existed until some random Caribbean girl told me at 15.
ShayCamp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
say what again. i dare you. i double dare you mother****er
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Ah this thread has made me laugh so much
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
my father made some comments about my boyfriend's race, and my mom is pretty much a closet racist (to herself, she vehemently denies she's racist but constantly says a lot of racist things). they're okay with it now, because I think they initially forgot that I'm the one marrying the guy, not them.
babygirl110
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
Never dated outside my race but I know for sure they wouldn't have a problem.

My best female friend is going out with an asian guy. They came round a few months ago and when he left it was followed by roughly 10 minutes of my mum and sister talking about how handsome he was. Then my dad said to my friend "got yourself a decent guy there" I had no idea what was going on but based on that reaction I can't see them having a problem with me being in a relationship with another race.

That and the fact if my Dad had a problem with me dating outside my race my granddad would kill him. Given how anti-racist he is, (when he served in the army he served with some people from India I think) I can't see how my Dad would be in any way racist.

My parents have never said a racist word in the 20 years I've known them and if they did I would be extremely disappointed in them.
Aww what a lovely post, refreshing to see such on TSR.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads