OCR Biology F211 resit - 16th May Watch

Jade1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what did people put for the circulatory system question where the pump was the heart???
Jade1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aedai)
when was there a question about root hair cells?(I sware I didn't miss any pages as I went through it afterwards.)

hm people were saying that the spirometer trace goes slightly down but if you're at rest it should go constant and flat.

annoys that nothing came up about lymph fluid and transpiration.

I was the same with the spirometer oxygen uptake. I just wrote random stuff

Was the first long question about elastic tissue.. squamous epithelium and things?

there was so much about the heart I wasn't confident about any of those questions to be honest. I've seen nothing written about them in the book.
no it goes down because soda lime absorbs CO2
P_united098
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jade1234)
what did people put for the circulatory system question where the pump was the heart???

i remember puttin lumen, blood and blood vessels
aedai
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
no it goes down because soda lime absorbs CO2
:'( that made my day worse
Jade1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by P_united098)
i remember puttin lumen, blood and blood vessels
oh no
i remember putting lungs for exchange, blood as a means of transport and vessels for pressure
Niki_girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aedai)
:'( that made my day worse
If it helps, I also made the same mistake? (drawing it straight) could really kick myself now...ONLY 2 MARKS, may have still got 1 mark for drawing 10 breaths
P_united098
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh no
i remember putting lungs for exchange, blood as a means of transport and vessels for pressure
that sounds right to me lol
Jade1234
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by P_united098)
that sounds right to me lol
hopefully it is lol
babyni
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
omg it went so bad! i know i lost out at least 8 marks what do u think the grade boundaries will be?
yamamotootsu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I knew Translocation would come up but never actually got round to revising it properly?!
yamamotootsu
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But that paper was not bad actually I loved most of the questions apart from the translocation Q(had slight idea but not much to get the full marks)
Rory_M
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I put chloride shift as active transport which was wrong, and I also put rbcs take up oxygen as facilitated diff and the other one with neurones as just diffusion - think those are all wrong but only 3 marks overall.
Jono300
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
for the adaptations of the sieve tubes, I put sieve plates and surrounded by companion cells for ATP. Is that right?
killik
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what did you guys write for the last question. On Translocation?
Groat
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jono300)
for the adaptations of the sieve tubes, I put sieve plates and surrounded by companion cells for ATP. Is that right?
I thought that was a tricky question, as I wasn't sure what it wanted! I said the tubes were surrounded by companion cells as it was referring to mass flow, so I assumed it wanted you to talk about why mass flow can be achieved. I also referenced the sieve tubes having no cell contents and being hollow (didn't say they were continuous because of the sieve plates and the function of these are unknown).
bulletproof_love
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jono300)
I put exactly the same for that. I hope it's right lol
Groat
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by killik)
what did you guys write for the last question. On Translocation?
Companion cells actively transport hydrogen ions out of the cells. These hydrogen ions then diffuse down the concentration gradient back into the companion cells, but carry sucrose molecules due to cotransporter proteins. The sucrose then diffuses into the sieve tubes through plasmodesmata via diffusion due to the concentration of sucrose being higher in the companion cells than the sieve tubes. I think went on to talk about osmosis causing hydrostatic pressure just in case, but wasn't sure if it was necessary.
ciarangc
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
I thought that was a tricky question, as I wasn't sure what it wanted! I said the tubes were surrounded by companion cells as it was referring to mass flow, so I assumed it wanted you to talk about why mass flow can be achieved. I also referenced the sieve tubes having no cell contents and being hollow (didn't say they were continuous because of the sieve plates and the function of these are unknown).
Sounds good to me. I mentioned no cell contents also and the fact the companion cells were metabolically very active. Ok paper on the whole. Didnt enjoy the question on the spirometer much.
Groat
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ciarangc)
Sounds good to me. I mentioned no cell contents also and the fact the companion cells were metabolically very active. Ok paper on the whole. Didnt enjoy the question on the spirometer much.
What did you put for the risk assessment?

I said to check if the user was asthmatic and ensure there was enough lime soda to absorb the carbon dioxide.
P_united098
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
What did you put for the risk assessment?

I said to check if the user was asthmatic and ensure there was enough lime soda to absorb the carbon dioxide.
i talked about disinfecting the mouthpiece or use disposable one
and talked about soda lime etc...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise