Banning Gay Kissing on TV Watch

Mally-xo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ineluctable)
You should get a sense of moral decency, for you will be judged.
'moral decency'? says the nut who can't accept homosexuality. the bible is outdated, and most likely a work of fiction.
judge away :awesome:
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't like watching people kiss, period.
BlueJoker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 4TSR)
Name of the minister please? and where it says he is?
Theresa May, who has voted against gay-adoption rights, against equalising the age of consent and against the repeal of Section 28, which banned schools from teaching anything about homosexual relationships or safe homosexual sex during sex education. As such, there were various calls for her to be sacked, including a very popular facebook page.

Pink News Source (Gay Rights Group)

In this BBC article she claims to have changed her mind, which may or may not be true, but ultimately someone with dubious tolerance should not be in charge of equality in the UK. Not to mention, if she really has changed her mind, I would think that as the Equality Minister she would keep her pledges concerning GLBT Asylumn seekers, yet, as this sad case proved, she didn't.
LawBore
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So, so far the Prime Minister hasn't publicly said anything about the findings of a report that hasn't been written yet?

And that translates to this?
AspiringGenius
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So David Cameron is following Nick Clegg into going against his parties policies. I guess this shows Camerons true colours!
4TSR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BlueJoker)
Theresa May, who has voted against gay-adoption rights, against equalising the age of consent and against the repeal of Section 28, which banned schools from teaching anything about homosexual relationships of safe homosexual sex during sex education. As such, there were various calls for her to be sacked, including a very popular facebook page.

Pink News Source (Gay Rights Group)

In this BBC article she claims to have changed her mind, which may or may not be true, but ultimately someone with dubious tolerance should not be in charge of equality in the UK. Not to mention, if she really has changed her mind, I would think that as the Equality Minister she would keep her pledges concerning GLBT Asylumn seekers, yet, as this sad case proved, she didn't.
This is outrageous. I hope her son turns gay and marries her husband.
tieyourmotherdown
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it's been confirmed that this was more or less fabricated.
BlueJoker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 4TSR)
This is outrageous. I hope her son turns gay and marries her husband.
That would be sweet, sweet justice. :rolleyes:

moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
I think it's been confirmed that this was more or less fabricated.
Several people have posted that too, but people perfer to read the headline and react to that rather than read into it a little, just like how this story came about.
wonderingwot2do
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ineluctable)
I agree. Homosexuality is not a natural state of affairs, never has been and never will be.
Errrm, says whom?

Homosexuality is rife within the animal kingdom, and was prevalent throughout civilised societies before god was even invented. It was actually considered normal within greece to have homosexual lovers whilst also having a wife to produce offspring.

It's only fictional morality made up by the church which has deemed homosexuality to be unnatural.

This means your theory that homosexual has never been natural a rather incorrect statement.

If you are of a religious persuasion, then I am sure that you are aware that in Leviticus it is not only homosexuality that is a sin, eating anything pig (bacon, ham etc) or any shellfish (lobster, prawns etc) is equally as sinful. I sincerely hope you do not consume any of these delicious foods, as that would make you a hypocrite, and religious folk are never that, are they?
Tesphena
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Jacktri)
That's like saying "smoking in front of non smokers is fine just don't smell it"

it isn't possible to avoid
Your TV has an off switch.
Jacktri
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tesphena)
Your TV has an off switch.
but generally when watching tv the gay kissing comes in a flash and there is no time to turn it off it already happened
Alison1992
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tesphena)
Source.

Part of the Conservative manifesto was a claim to be tackling homophobia, so I'm wondering why they are supporting descrimination such as this? If gay kissing is too indecent for pre-watershed hours then why is straight kissing fine? Has our Prime Minister been haunted by the ghost of Mary Whitehouse? What's going on here? :confused:
that's outrageous! won't get passed
no way no how :P
Phobia27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wonderingwot2do)
Errrm, says whom?

Homosexuality is rife within the animal kingdom, and was prevalent throughout civilised societies before god was even invented. It was actually considered normal within greece to have homosexual lovers whilst also having a wife to produce offspring.

It's only fictional morality made up by the church which has deemed homosexuality to be unnatural.

This means your theory that homosexual has never been natural a rather incorrect statement.

If you are of a religious persuasion, then I am sure that you are aware that in Leviticus it is not only homosexuality that is a sin, eating anything pig (bacon, ham etc) or any shellfish (lobster, prawns etc) is equally as sinful. I sincerely hope you do not consume any of these delicious foods, as that would make you a hypocrite, and religious folk are never that, are they?
Leviticus also encourages and gives tips on having slaves. I assume all deeply religious Christians have their own personal slave too?
wonderingwot2do
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
but generally when watching tv the gay kissing comes in a flash and there is no time to turn it off it already happened
OMG! How traumatising!

Whilst gay people have to sit and watch prolonged straight kisses frequently, we get to see millisecond pecs between two males/ females onscreen which if you blinked you'd miss it..
Jacktri
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wonderingwot2do)
OMG! How traumatising!

Whilst gay people have to sit and watch prolonged straight kisses frequently, we get to see millisecond pecs between two males/ females onscreen which if you blinked you'd miss it..
but what if it causes an old man to choke on his vomit or force a married man into becoming homosexual potentially ruining his entire family it is these people the gays never think about
wonderingwot2do
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
but what if it causes an old man to choke on his vomit or force a married man into becoming homosexual potentially ruining his entire family it is these people the gays never think about
haha, that's very true.

*hopes the response is pure sarcasm*
Evangelica
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
I agree that it should be banned if only to protect gays from God's justice. If they don't change their ways, He will be just and send them to Hell.

Edit: Why all the neg reps? Christianity, Islam and Judaism all forbid homosexuality, and as the majority of people are part of one of these religions, we should not accept homosexuality in our society. God will punish them, and it's our duty to teach them the right ways before it's too late.
I feel like you must be an atheist troll because all that does is make religion look bad, and you don't sound like you can be serious.
Evangelica
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mally-xo)
uhh, I hate ignorant religious fools like you.
I think the person's taking the piss, I really don't believe they're serious.
Mally-xo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Evangelica)
I think the person's taking the piss, I really don't believe they're serious.
haha I hope not, otherwise I am seriously losing faith in humanity :woo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (26)
48.15%
No - but I will (1)
1.85%
No - I don't want to (1)
1.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (26)
48.15%

Watched Threads