Turn on thread page Beta

Most depressing film you've ever seen? watch

ReputationRep:
    Titanic. I watched it a couple of weeks ago :cry:

But I would also say 28 Days Later. It's not really a conventionally sad movie but it does seem to dampen my spirits. I think because it's set in the UK and it makes me imagine what it would be like if that really happened. I think claustrophobic would be the word I would use to describe it.

Also, I think the soundtrack has something to do with it:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walkhms)
    Into the Wild is sad but very inspiring to say the least ....
    Agreed. It gives you another view on life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveErinxo)
    Could not agree more. Had to watch it in GCSE R.S. It took everything I had not to just walk out of the room, it was so depressing.
    sameeee, I watched it in GCSE RE, was wondering how the school was even allowed to show us that, haha. :|

ReputationRep:
    boyz n the hood

ReputationRep:
    Boy In The Striped Pyjamas - I had very strange reaction to that film. Usually if I watch a sad film, I just cry for a while and its fine. Yet with this one I didn't shed a tear, and yet I felt very insignificant and depressed afterwards.

The Green Mile - Just shows whats so unjust in the world.

Requiem for a dream - Need I say more. Possibly one of the most depressing story-lines I've ever witnessed.

Brokeback Mountain - I guess its more a tear jerking than depressing, but having a best friend in the same situation, it really stuck with me.

Sophie's Choice - Makes you realise how lucky you really are.

One Flew over the cuckoos nest - Depressing yet utterly compelling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balletlover)
    sameeee, I watched it in GCSE RE, was wondering how the school was even allowed to show us that, haha. :|
    It's a wonderful film, one I have recommended a few times on here, and yes it awfully grim - but what aspects of iit did you study in RE? Of all the things the film touches on in the aftermath of the nuke, religion is one that isn't even mentioned as far as I remember,,,?

ReputationRep:
    dancer in the dark

ReputationRep:
    The Boy In Striped Pyjamas was really harrowing. I just...I don't cry at films so I wasn't crying it just left me feeling sick and depressed at the end.

ReputationRep:
    revolutionary road

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand why people cried at 'Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.' I didn't really like the fact that it turned a Holocaust-themed film into a tragedy about a Nazi family. Additionally, you wouldn't have had an 8 year old in an extermination camp able to develop a friendship like that. And I didn't feel it gave a great impression of what the Holocaust was actually like.

The Pianist, on the other hand, is harrowing. It's heart wrenching to see how utterly alone Szpilman is towards that film, knowing how much he's lost and the struggle he's had to experience to survive. I read the book too and I don't think I've ever cried so much at a book as I did when I read the entries written by the German officer who saved Szpilman.

ReputationRep:
    Another one for Dancer n the Dark. I watched it in halls last year and... damn. It was brilliant, but brutal.

ReputationRep:
    Grave of the fireflies oh my god I couldn't believe how sad it was Such a brilliant film it was just hard to watch. Made me cry man tears

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasan4life)
    mr bean :sigh:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    drop dead fred

ReputationRep:
    Pan's Labyrinth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen_Pinky)
    Pan's Labyrinth
    The Spanish Civil war was truly depressing.

ReputationRep:
    This is england

ReputationRep:
    DEFINITELY The Last House On The Left. I don't know why, but before watching it I assumed it was a ghost movie. Needless to say, came out shocked. And depressed.

ReputationRep:
    The Girl Next Door (2007) .... Not the comedy... Another movie with the same name... I though I was gonna watch a comedy... well i got the wrong film :O.

ReputationRep:
    Awakenings
    Rabbit Proof Fence
    Cried my eyes out at both of these

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.