Turn on thread page Beta

Jeremy Clarkson: strikers should be 'shot' - what a disgusting ******* watch

ReputationRep:
    I really can't see how people are getting so worked up over this
    Anyone who has watched programmes with Jeremy Clarkson in, knows what he is like..
    ...and it was so obvious when watching him make this comment that he was being sarcastic!!!
    it wasn't meant as a seroius comment, and anyone who thinks that it was, are complete and utter idiots!!!

That is all x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Integral)
    Well, then it's not funny to you.
    Why would you take the time to edit it in if you didn't want to imply it was true?

He clearly wasn't being serious. People like you need to grow spines and realise that not everybody is going to say things you like. As the poster above said. Grow up.
    Finally someone who understands he was not being serious!!!

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Clarkson and the way he delivers his thought to the public is BRILLIANT-end of. But if you are complaining...learn to take what people say with a pinch and salt...

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was funny....

People are so over-sensitive to jokes!
    They complain, saying we're in a state of 'political correctness gone mad', yet as soon as jokes stray onto a topic they're concerned with, it's all 'you can't say that! :O'

You should condemn every risqué joke/comment, or condemn none!
    Make your mind up people and stop being hypocritical! -.-

ReputationRep:
    4500 complaints... I find that to be an even sicker joke than Clarkson's apparently 'sick' comments... yes they were distasteful, but since when was he ever tasteful? There's 4500 people with absolutely no sense of humour who are so perfect themselves to actually go to their computer, and spend their time typing a complaint to the BBC. Oh... deaarrrrr...

ReputationRep:
    Why would you take the time to edit it in if you didn't want to imply it was true?

He clearly wasn't being serious. People like you need to grow spines and realise that not everybody is going to say things you like. As the poster above said. Grow up.
    Ok then he wasn't being serious, fine. I still think he's a ****. That's the only reason I posted, to share my views, which is why pretty much everyone has posted. I don't expect people to say things I like? But you can't expect no one to disagree with him or not find it funny as that is all I have stated. I don't think you know what "grow a spine" means. I don't think I've shown a lack of courage here? Nor grow up, as the only thing I've posted that has really been immature is the frequent insults and that doesn't seem to be what you're referring to... Don't throw around insults that you don't even know the meaning of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Einstein)
    Ok then he wasn't being serious, fine. I still think he's a ****. That's the only reason I posted, to share my views, which is why pretty much everyone has posted. I don't expect people to say things I like? But you can't expect no one to disagree with him or not find it funny as that is all I have stated. I don't think you know what "grow a spine" means. I don't think I've shown a lack of courage here? Nor grow up, as the only thing I've posted that has really been immature is the frequent insults and that doesn't seem to be what you're referring to... Don't throw around insults that you don't even know the meaning of
    Hardly insults, just observations. You do need to grow up. You were swearing like a foolish schoolchild in your first post.

I clearly stated he wasn't being serious. How do I not know what that was in reference to?

Honestly, you completely dodged the actual discussion and pulled an ad hominem.

Also, here's a tip: Paragraphs/spacing is your friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Einstein)
    jees calm down....all they were trying to say was that you should take comments like this a bit more light hearted, where comments such as clarksons are obviously made sarcastically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    in all honesty, i thought the thread title was referring to football...
    i was like... :lolwut:
    lmao me too, then i skim read it and saw pensions i was like whaaaa pensions for footballers? i was very confused and then put 2+2 together (fish)

jeremy clarkson looks like an angry pig
    :pig2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winning11)
    lmao me too, then i skim read it and saw pensions i was like whaaaa pensions for footballers? i was very confused and then put 2+2 together (fish)

jeremy clarkson looks like an angry pig
    :pig2:
    lol
    a funny angry pig :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    I really want to leave this country some times. Clarkson is doing nothing more than saying outrageous things (tongue in cheek) to get a reaction. It's what he's done for most of his career. If people think he's really being serious they need their heads examining.
    This. I thought we British people were supposed to be good at not taking ourselves seriously.

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously a joke.... Shame he isn't a very funny man and just comes across as a nob most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Why does anyone take anything Clarkson says seriously?

He makes his money out of coming out with ridiculously controversial 'opinions' that exist solely to fill his newspaper column.

ReputationRep:

Looks like a lot of people missed the joke.

ReputationRep:
    Daily Mail comments are full of people sticking up for him, I seem to remember them calling for Jonathan Ross to be sacked a few years ago over those prank calls. Double standards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justdoit1)
    and i'll have paid over 100,000 pounds to pay for ALREADY FILTHY RICH bankers taking too many risks.
    Care to elaborate on this random sum?

ReputationRep:
    I think this has been ridiculously blown out of proportion :L Yes it was distasteful but that's why we Love Clarkson. Hes obviously playing on the fact that the matter being disputed is nothing compared to the protests in Syria and Egypt where people are getting shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    Not as far as I'm aware. But I'm not conceited - tell me which non-BBC organisations are subsidised by the TV licence fee? Please cite your sources.
    I don't have the sources available at hand I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure I read it on a BBC spending report a while back. (early 2011)

ReputationRep:
    Stewart Lee on Jeremy Clarkson:

"outrageous politically incorrect opinions which he has for money"

"outrageous politically incorrect opinions which he has every week to a deadline in The Sunday Times... almost as if they weren't real!"

Basically, he's a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly insults, just observations. You do need to grow up. You were swearing like a foolish schoolchild in your first post.

I clearly stated he wasn't being serious. How do I not know what that was in reference to?

Honestly, you completely dodged the actual discussion and pulled an ad hominem.

Also, here's a tip: Paragraphs/spacing is your friend
    You beat me.

But I didn't really think he was serious! Just that it wasn't funny and such poor humor that he was clearly a ****!

and after googling ad hominem, I have to agree with you. Although you did slip a couple of cheeky ad hominem's too.

(Original post by Fward)
    jees calm down....all they were trying to say was that you should take comments like this a bit more light hearted, where comments such as clarksons are obviously made sarcastically
    I'm not hyped and I don't need calm down. He is not funny and anyone who thinks he is, is just.....I can't take anything he says with a light heart because his existence boils my blood or at least when I come across him while flicking through the channels....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2011
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.