The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Shutter Island is a great film for Schizophrenia!!

My teacher likes to over work us so we are covering Schiz AND Depression so when it comes to the exam we can choose between the two questions! He did the same for Unit 3. He taught us 5 and let us choose - hard work but well worth it.
Reply 141
Original post by y.yousef
Ohh :K: we watched it rencently. And i still have no idea why that indian dude killed nicolson off.:confused:

I think he killed him because he didn't want Jack to remain in that 'vegetable' state after he was labotomized. He helped him out, because you don't have much of a life after that treatment. :frown: Thankfully it's not used much anymore though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Heyimdec
I think he killed him because he didn't want Jack to remain in that 'vegetable' state after he was labotomized. He helped him out, because you don't have much of a life after that treatment. :frown: Thankfully it's not used much anymore though.

But it's not like he had nothing waiting for him outside, he did, he has that blondy girl, a family, and was happy. So that was kinda weird for meh wen he killed him. :s-smilie:

I think the part that got me most stumbled was that skinny guy who stutters, when he came and stopped stuttering after he had a nite in with the blondy, and then l8ter he killed himself :eek: then nicolson was like strangling the nurse biatch. Thats why everyone in my class was like, the nurse is bad after that. And i was the only one to say 'no she's good, cos she's doing whats right for the situation and being firm with everyone'.
Reply 143
But it's not like he had nothing waiting for him outside, he did, he has that blondy girl, a family, and was happy. So that was kinda weird for meh wen he killed him. :s-smilie:

I think the part that got me most stumbled was that skinny guy who stutters, when he came and stopped stuttering after he had a nite in with the blondy, and then l8ter he killed himself :eek: then nicolson was like strangling the nurse biatch. Thats why everyone in my class was like, the nurse is bad after that. And i was the only one to say 'no she's good, cos she's doing whats right for the situation and being firm with everyone'.

I think it was the thought or mentioning of his mother which triggered his stuttering. Because when the nurse told him off for sleeping with that girl, he could speak fine, but when she mentioned that she'd tell his mother he started stuttering again. :smile:

Everybody might see her as bad because most people like Jack Nicholson and his acting. :biggrin: And so want him to get out and annoy the nurse, haha. :smile:
Original post by Heyimdec
I think it was the thought or mentioning of his mother which triggered his stuttering. Because when the nurse told him off for sleeping with that girl, he could speak fine, but when she mentioned that she'd tell his mother he started stuttering again. :smile:

Everybody might see her as bad because most people like Jack Nicholson and his acting. :biggrin: And so want him to get out and annoy the nurse, haha. :smile:

True dat. Nicholson is such a good actor, i love him in Anger Manangement and departed as well.
Have you watched that film, something over a cookoo's nest? We watched that in class, and it involves schizophrenic individuals.Absolutely solid movie :biggrin:

No we did not
What was it about
Reply 146
*subscribe
Reply 147
Has anyone got any essays on schizophrenia they are wiling to share?
Reply 148
*Subscribe*
Reply 149
Is any 1 doing media psychology if so has anyone got an essay on media influences on pro social bheaviour i need help!!!!! thanks :smile:
Original post by Abbycadabra
I'm doing Schizophenia, Research Methods and Media... but there is a possibility we might be studying Anomalistic Psychology instead of Media! (which is stuff like paranormal, so sounds reeeeeally exciting :tongue: ) :biggrin: x

This is the exact same as me! I think we're having a class vote on whether to do media or anomalistic :smile: Not sure which one I'd rather do. We've just finished schizophrenia, how are you finding it? x
Original post by Abbycadabra
I'm doing Schizophenia, Research Methods and Media... but there is a possibility we might be studying Anomalistic Psychology instead of Media! (which is stuff like paranormal, so sounds reeeeeally exciting :tongue: ) :biggrin: x

Dunno if you have started on anomalistic yet but as a word of warning the year before me did it last year when it first came out and they all said it was really hard to get their heads around even the teachers found it hard to cover so much in the time! Our class was a bit gutted to hear that because as you said it sounds really interesting! :smile:
Reply 152
Does anyone have media notes on the POSITIVE effects of video games and computers on behaviour?

Can't find any decent information because of the stupid spec changes!
grade boundaries are out for 2012 JAnuary exam!!

http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_grade.php
I'm doing media, and it's a really large section.
And i just don't know how to answer some questions, because it involves alot of information.

Especially 'Media influences on prosocial behaviour'. the studies we're spose to use aint even clear wtf. stupid buk.
Any1 got any resources on it?

and bare stuff hav changed in specification and teacher didn't even tell us :nothing: i had to find it out after jan exams!
Reply 155
what book are you guys using for this unit ?
iv managed to find tons of stuff for this paper online if anyone is interested.

stuff I have is schizophrenia , media and research methods
Original post by Mephestic

if you could link me to some stuff on research methods that would be appreciated :smile: thank you!
Reply 158

can i have media and schizophrenai stuff please mephestic!!!!!!!
Reply 159

Could you please post the research methods one up :smile: thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending