Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Morgsie)
Your breaching quite a few EU Laws, I will give you another example: repatriation of Transport which is conflicting Articles 90-100 TFEU even though Article 4 TFEU states Transport is shared.

TFEU stands for Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, I have stuck to the TEU and TFEU in my other capacity.
Again, the Canon Amendment allows us to do this. If we now suddenly say that we can't use the Canon Amendment to bring in what we like then we may aswell just repeal half of the decent measures that've been brought into this House. We'd have to jack up our VAT back to 15% for starters and I doubt anyone would like that, myself included. We're acting perfectly within TSR MHoC law because we can overule what the EU says in here.

I am not happy that my points regarding Rail Franchises and stock which are valid have been completely ignored by this Government, They will make the Railways further fragmented.

I get the impression that they don't care about the Railways or national infrastructure schemes like Rail etc.

Its not just the Railways they don't care about it is: equalities, helping other States to develop, national heritage, media, Telecommunications etc aswell.

I am disabled and who will represent me? The answer is NO ONE because they don't care. Who is going to represent the LGBT community? NO ONE. Who is going to represent ethnic minorities? NO ONE. Who is going to represent Women? NO ONE
I was under the impression that one was answered for you by Rakas? I can't remember it was a few pages back.

We do care about the railways, but at the same time we also have to take into account that they are not the only area of Government policy and sometimes we have to look at other things. We also care about all of those things, it doesn't mean we need a Government department for all of them, these things can be devovled or simply exist and prosper on their own. I care about my Xbox, but I don't wanna make a Government department out of that, in the same way that I care about culture, media and sport, but do not see a point in this department when all three of those existed just fine before that department was even invented in the 90s.

The answer is those groups don't need a whole department to represent them, and whilst I respect your plight, having a disabled father myself, I still understand that a whole government office to micromanage these issues is not what we need. It's the job of every other department to represent the interests of minorities. Say the DBWP wants to bring in a new policy, shouldn't it be their job to make sure it keeps equalities intact? What about health? Surely the DH should take equality into consideration when it implements policies? All of the Government departments right now work hard to make sure that people from every walk of life are represented and that will not change. What GEO does however is bring in unfair positive discrimination laws. That's not equality, it's the exact opposite.
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
When is the Finance Bill going to be presented, and does the TSR Government wish to have an EU referendum when the rules of the MHofC next allow one?
It will be split up into several bills rather than one. I intend to have the first one released fairly soon though I can't give an exact date.

I can't comment on what the TSR Government thinks as a whole, however as a Euroskeptic and staunch believer in democracy and letting people have their say, I personally would like to have one. The people of this country last voted on Europe back in the 70s, and that was just over a common market. What the EU represents today (whether it is a good thing or a bad thing in anyone's personal opinion) is very different to that and is much broader in scope and the British people never had the chance to vote for it, and I don't beleive that is right. The people should get a choice. If us Euroskeptics lose, then at least the people have been given a choice and I would respect their decision.
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
So essentially, you are wiping out jobs in Wales, Scotland and N Ireland in the name of cost efficiency but are keeping highly paid ministerial junkets in London. Nicely typical Tory hypocrisy that.
Not so. The devolution of other affairs will actually help to increase the amount of jobs in these constituent nations and actually drive down the number of these high paid ministerial junkets you so plainly dislike.
eff01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jarred)
I'm gonna can the pleasantries and talk to you in the same way I have talked to everyone else. I am not interested in your theatrics, I am interested in doing my job. Please be a statesmen for once, not a politician.

I explained the first matter was a wording issue, you try and turn that into a scandal. Even if it was a U-Turn, is not ironic that you're trying to change my mind on my policies, and even when you think you've achieved that you slate me for doing so? It is not a U-Turn anyway. I've worked hard on this budget, and sometimes, the way I intend things to be communicated are not communicated in the right way and the shear scope of the darn thing makes me not notice it. Live with it.

We haven't attacked culture of sport. You have. You think that the government is required to give those things merit? That is disgusting. The clutch of Marx does not need to be felt to give anything merit, they existed and prospered just fine before the department was opened and they'll exist and prosper just fine after it closes.

That's what devolution is all about, I thought you loved devolution anyway? Oh wait, that was before you completely changed your mind and decided to slate it, just one paragraph after. Oh how I love your consistency sir.

The answer to a) b) c) d) is:
It's not my decision, it's local government's decision. Again, that is how devolution works. The likelihood for b) is that local levies will rise, however I urge you to look at the numbers. The amount of spending we are asking local government to commit to is less than 19 bn. However, we have cut tax revenue (centrally) by about 80 bn. Theoretically, local government must thus rake in revenues of 19bn collectively, give or take. And thus, whilst local levies will rise (as we mentioned countless times) taxpayers will still benefit financially from our proposals, as the amount that local government must take in is less than the revenue amount of the taxes we cut.

No jobs will go at the FCO. The FCO will take on more employees than ever before in fact, you clearly do not understand the proposals. I'm guessing you are alluding to the job cut that will happens at the DfID as it is absorbed by the FCO... Well, I can't give you exact numbers because it's not my department, it's the foreign secretary's decision and that's how departmental changes work. I oversee the bulk of the money, I don't micromanage every decision.

Did I say MP, sorry I of course meant minister and my source (her Wikipedia article) is what I was using and am perfectly aware that she is unelected and is thus not an MP.
(I have a sort of condition I guess you could call it where I get used to typing certain words and when I get lost in thought, the wrong ones come out. I'm so used to typing MP on here, that when needing to type another political word, also beginning with m my mind defaulted to MP by instinct, it happens to me a lot) Neverthless I don't give a damn about real life politics, if you want that go to the UK Politics forum.

Again you show no understanding of what you're debating over; the DCMS was not needed for the Olympic bid. The British Olympic Association carried that one out with the help of the Mayor of London. I don't see why a similar scenario can't be devised again, even for non-olympic events. You don't need a whole department to do it.

The age card? No; the "Shut the hell up about the real life Tory party because I don't care what they did years before I was politically active" card. Haha continue to attack devolution? By extending it? Seems legit. Again you go on to say you lvoe devolution when you have disparaged it elsewhere in this post and you continue to have the ignorance to not even address you hypocrisy.

I'm not even gonna bother replying to that last point because it is all rhetoric. We've made a statement here which makes people better off, puts control of their government into the people they trust the most (themselves, and their local representatives) and takes a stance of redefining the role of invasive government in our lives and what we can do to decrease it's size and let liberty prevail.
Jarred, mate, chill out lol
obi_adorno_kenobi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not so. The devolution of other affairs will actually help to increase the amount of jobs in these constituent nations and actually drive down the number of these high paid ministerial junkets you so plainly dislike.
You haven't devolved anything extra, just destroyed jobs. Arse end of a camel.
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You haven't devolved anything extra, just destroyed jobs. Arse end of a camel.
Erm... you clearly have not read this budget as we have devolved £19bn worth of spending commitments to the local level, which includes devolution of control over transport, energy, environment and agriculture to the local authorities. If anything, that will create jobs in these areas, as it becomes necessary for them to employ people locally rather than having them all micromanaging the affairs from London.
Morgsie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Erm... you clearly have not read this budget as we have devolved £19bn worth of spending commitments to the local level, which includes devolution of control over transport, energy, environment and agriculture to the local authorities. If anything, that will create jobs in these areas, as it becomes necessary for them to employ people locally rather than having them all micromanaging the affairs from London.
And cut local finances.

Devolving Rail Franchises will create an even more mess for example one Local Authority prefers one bidder and another Local Authority prefers another and rail franchises run over several Local Authorities.
http://www.projectmapping.co.uk/train_operating_co.html, click 2012 for the current map. There are over 20 Rail Franchises in the UK.

Do you think that several Local Authorities will agree on who should get the Franchise?
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by eff01)
Jarred, mate, chill out lol
Hehe sorry, I was tired I get a little bit grumpy when that happens
obi_adorno_kenobi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah so you're bypassing devolved government in Cardiff, Belfast and Edinburgh and placing it in the hands of local councils. Then you are a bigger fool than I took you for and basically admit you aren't addressing devolution. Affairs aren't micromanaged in London any more.
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah so you're bypassing devolved government in Cardiff, Belfast and Edinburgh and placing it in the hands of local councils. Then you are a bigger fool than I took you for and basically admit you aren't addressing devolution. Affairs aren't micromanaged in London any more.
No I was talking about England in this case. Affairs which are already devolved, such as the ones controlled by those three devolved legislatures will remain completely unchanged, all that will change is what is currently still under London's control. Anything already controlled by Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland will remain in control of those assemblies as we have no intention of overuling their right to rule their constituent nations how they want. Any matters not yet devolved to Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland which are covered by DECC/DEFRA/DfT will be devolved to those local assemblies for them to sort out as has been done in the past. In England however, the matters will be devolved down to local councils, because for English people, affairs certainly are micromanaged in London, and whilst you like to claim I don't care about the Welsh (which is untrue) I now see that it is very clear you do not care about the English. Our affairs should not be micromanaged by Parliament due to phonemena such as the West Lothian question, meaning a Sottish MP for example currently has the right to vote on affairs solely relating to England, but an English MP can't do the same for affairs solely relating to Scotland. Our plans don't eliminate this problem in its entirety but they sure do improve it.
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And cut local finances.

Devolving Rail Franchises will create an even more mess for example one Local Authority prefers one bidder and another Local Authority prefers another and rail franchises run over several Local Authorities.
http://www.projectmapping.co.uk/train_operating_co.html, click 2012 for the current map. There are over 20 Rail Franchises in the UK.

Do you think that several Local Authorities will agree on who should get the Franchise?
Not true. Local government currently does not receive a whole great deal of it's funding from local government, but instead gets it from it's own levies. We have reduced the DCLG expenditure, but there is no reason why this will have to be felt by decreasing the amount granted to the local councils themselves. It's about letting local government become more self sufficient.

I believe the local authorities will do what is best for their people and negotiate with the others on trying to reach a deal of a problem arises. They are capable of talking to eachother you know, and co-operation between the councils will not be a particularly big problem. It effectively already happens anyway on a big scale for other, more general matters between local government and parliament.
obi_adorno_kenobi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No I was talking about England in this case.
I've seen muddy pools clearer than that. Lose the attitude and explain yourself a bit better and you won't get such banal replies.

ffairs which are already devolved, such as the ones controlled by those three devolved legislatures will remain completely unchanged, all that will change is what is currently still under London's control. Anything already controlled by Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland will remain in control of those assemblies as we have no intention of overuling their right to rule their constituent nations how they want. Any matters not yet devolved to Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland which are covered by DECC/DEFRA/DfT will be devolved to those local assemblies for them to sort out as has been done in the past. In England however, the matters will be devolved down to local councils, because for English people, affairs certainly are micromanaged in London, and whilst you like to claim I don't care about the Welsh (which is untrue) I now see that it is very clear you do not care about the English. Our affairs should not be micromanaged by Parliament due to phonemena such as the West Lothian question, meaning a Sottish MP for example currently has the right to vote on affairs solely relating to England, but an English MP can't do the same for affairs solely relating to Scotland. Our plans don't eliminate this problem in its entirety but they sure do improve it.
I don't have much interest in the affairs of England, that is true, however I do care quite deeply in giving the English their own representation. I have done so for as long as I've been politicalky aware so please take your crap and smear it elsewhere. Your posts are poorly informed and full of daily mailisms. English affairs are governed by Westminster, yes, because England is a unitary state. That isn't my fault nor the fault of Wales, Scotland or N Ireland. The way you dismiss them so easily shows you for the person you are. You want ad homs, Tory, you can have them.
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've seen muddy pools clearer than that. Lose the attitude and explain yourself a bit better and you won't get such banal replies.

I don't have much interest in the affairs of England, that is true, however I do care quite deeply in giving the English their own representation. I have done so for as long as I've been politicalky aware so please take your crap and smear it elsewhere. Your posts are poorly informed and full of daily mailisms. English affairs are governed by Westminster, yes, because England is a unitary state. That isn't my fault nor the fault of Wales, Scotland or N Ireland. The way you dismiss them so easily shows you for the person you are. You want ad homs, Tory, you can have them.
Ad homs? When did I even go near personal attacks on you? I keep my politics extremely clean provided I am awake and not intoxicated at the time. You however have the disrespect to call me a fool. And attitude? Sir, you should do something about yours. You're the most hostile person I have had the displeasure of communicating with on this forum. You disagree with me, so I instantly become a "fool" or a "Daily Mailer", what a nice little person you are. I shall try to remain conserved from here on in, but you have both angered me and offended me.

My posts are not poorly informed, you're just not willing to respect them, I don't care if you disgaree (in fact, that's great, it's what politics is all about), but you seem to be the type to disagree before he's even read it and would rather insult the person writing it. You care only about Wales but sometimes it is time to care about the English. The Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish had it tough for quite a while before devolution occurred, but the tables have turned now, and the English now have a problem and something should be done. England is a unitary nation, but so effectively was the United Kingdom (as it remains to this day, officially speaking a unitary constitutional monarchy), but devolution can still happen, that is afterall what localism is all about. Of course, if the English benefit then it becomes an evil Tory Daily Mail scandal...

And I'm a reader of both The Torygraph and The Independent, plus a bit of BBC News and Sky News (i like to get a wide range of views), I don't set foot near the Daily Fail, and in fact I'd have thought that the Mail would prefer the complete opposite to my plans, that they'd prefer retraction of devolution, rather than an extension. I am a localist, and I am a libertarian Conservative (economically right, socially left), the Daily Fail is a socially-right-wing paper, in my eyes that makes them as bad as the economically-left-wing Grauniad.
obi_adorno_kenobi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ad homs? When did I even go near personal attacks on you? I keep my politics extremely clean provided I am awake and not intoxicated at the time. You however have the disrespect to call me a fool. And attitude? Sir, you should do something about yours. You're the most hostile person I have had the displeasure of communicating with on this forum. You disagree with me, so I instantly become a "fool" or a "Daily Mailer", what a nice little person you are. I shall try to remain conserved from here on in, but you have both angered me and offended me.

My posts are not poorly informed, you're just not willing to respect them, I don't care if you disgaree (in fact, that's great, it's what politics is all about), but you seem to be the type to disagree before he's even read it and would rather insult the person writing it. You care only about Wales but sometimes it is time to care about the English. The Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish had it tough for quite a while before devolution occurred, but the tables have turned now, and the English now have a problem and something should be done. England is a unitary nation, but so effectively was the United Kingdom (as it remains to this day, officially speaking a unitary constitutional monarchy), but devolution can still happen, that is afterall what localism is all about. Of course, if the English benefit then it becomes an evil Tory Daily Mail scandal...

And I'm a reader of both The Torygraph and The Independent, plus a bit of BBC News and Sky News (i like to get a wide range of views), I don't set foot near the Daily Fail, and in fact I'd have thought that the Mail would prefer the complete opposite to my plans, that they'd prefer retraction of devolution, rather than an extension. I am a localist, and I am a libertarian Conservative (economically right, socially left), the Daily Fail is a socially-right-wing paper, in my eyes that makes them as bad as the economically-left-wing Grauniad.
As I said, I've been an advocate of English devolution for most of the last 15 years. I don't need a lecture from you on that score. I care deeply about Wales, yes, but equally so about many other parts of the world. I don't care for Tories of your ilk. So, I annoyed and offended you... big whoop.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
And I'm a reader of The Independent, plus a bit of BBC News.
Oh my God! What is wrong with you?
lambert1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Oh my God! What is wrong with you?
The FT is crap. 99% of business news is the most boring thing ever just saying.
tehFrance
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lambert1)
The FT is crap. 99% of business news is the most boring thing ever just saying.
Well you are clearly a moron, you just don't understand it as it isn't aimed at people with a secondary school education. Business news is boring to you perhaps but I don't want to have no clue on what is happening in business, I may lose money... I don't want that.
lambert1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well you are clearly a moron, you just don't understand it as it isn't aimed at people with a secondary school education. Business news is boring to you perhaps but I don't want to have no clue on what is happening in business, I may lose money... I don't want that.
Who cares about money when we have love and togetherness like mighty Stalin always wanted.
tehFrance
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lambert1)
Who cares about money when we have love and togetherness like mighty Stalin always wanted.
I care about money, I don't care for love and togetherness... I am not some pussy that needs validation by others, as long as I have money, I shall be happy.
lambert1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I care about money, I don't care for love and togetherness... I am not some pussy that needs validation by others, as long as I have money, I shall be happy.
What about money makes you so happy?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.85%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.62%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
17.31%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
36.54%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.69%

Watched Threads