Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    Well of course, you are female, it defines who you are. Im not saying you should want to be a man, just that I wouldn't want to be a woman.
    Don't worry, I didn't take it that way, I was talking about general opinion where 98% of people seem generally happy with their gender, and it's difficult being the other 2%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    But I do think you were being a bit verbose on purpose.
    Although doing so in order to be a prig is a sufficient reason.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent point

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Ferrus would be a collaborator in this genocidal plot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pendragon)
    Looks like Ferrus would be a collaborator in this genocidal plot.
    Indeed I am. Fear me, ye foolish mortals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eien)
    Don't worry, I didn't take it that way, I was talking about general opinion where 98% of people seem generally happy with their gender, and it's difficult being the other 2%.
    Of course, its difficult being in any minority group. But I guess you have to stick by your guns and do that which you feel happy with. At the end of the day every person is unique, its only what the person themselves thinks that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    Although i do see your point in a werid about way i think that you have to look at both sides of it - a girl might seem like she has it easier but she can not get away with as much as what men do - if a girl was to go round getting off with a lot of boys then she would be branded all different things whereas if a boy does it hes cool.
    Also it is expected that a girl will always do what she is told to do when maybe she does not want to do it - bous always get to lead the relationship and the girls just have to follow (this is my experience anyway)
    I do see that boys have some things harder then girls like the are expected to fight over stupud things but then girls are expected to look after children - its swings and roundabouts.

ReputationRep:
    Young lady, with an elmo avatar how can you ever hope to be taken seriously in a relationship? :p:

ReputationRep:
    what would be good about being a girl

sex
    boobs
    meh you can have anytime off work and call it "womans troubles"
    dont have to hit on blokes, its the other way around

What would be bad

periods
    childbirth
    having to worry about appearence much more than blokes

hmm, i maintain im better off as a bloke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)

sex
    boobs
    meh you can have anytime off work and call it "womans troubles"
    dont have to hit on blokes, its the other way around

What would be bad

periods
    childbirth

hmm, i maintain im better off as a bloke.
    So if you were a woman, you would want to be a man simply because you have periods and have to endure childbirth? Surely it's more because you are simply content with your own gender identity, and that being a man is more part of who you are?
    I can't understand why people have to "compare" the "opposite" genders. Why turn genders into a contest of who has it worse? We all are humans, and we are more similar than we are different. In my view both genders have their own different issues, but gender is a spectrum which has variations and anomalies, as well as many different crossover points, as opposed to men and women being so different that "Men are from mars and women are from Venus" as my signature says, Men and women are both from Earth! Separating genders is of course necessary to some extent, but IMO "the gulf between the sexes" is a romantic idea we like to believe, in order to fulfil our natural need to separate things into clear definitions and stereotypes from the media. I see people living their own lives as people, and if I relate or do not relate to somebody, it is because of the individual, not because it's a woman or man who is "impossible to understand". :rolleyes: Of course gender is still significant, and it still forms part of our identities and perceptions, but I feel we ought to start mixing rather than standing on the opposite sides of the fence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eien)
    So if you were a woman, you would want to be a man simply because you have periods and have to endure childbirth? Surely it's more because you are simply content with your own gender identity, and that being a man is more part of who you are?
    I can't understand why people have to "compare" the "opposite" genders.
    Kinda to answer the thread :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)

sex
    What, girls have better sex? I reckon not.
    boobs
    Well yes, they're quite fun. Can get in the bloody way though. And bras are ridiculously expensive.
    meh you can have anytime off work and call it "woman's troubles"
    On the other hand we don't do it if we just have a cold.
    don't have to hit on blokes, it's the other way around
    Pah. I wish.

What would be bad

periods
    childbirth
    Worth it.
    Vanity isn't a strict requirement, actually.

ReputationRep:
    i love being a girl life & mother nature has never been a ***** to me , though i'm sure if i was born a boy i would love that too even though they are inferior & whatnot..:cool:

sex - sex for a girl is great, generalisation i know though its never been a problem for me,

boobs - not particularly bothered, im not "blessed" in that area anyway, so for me its nothing that gets in the way, plus i love my underwear

periods, etc - it's never stopped me from doing anything i've wanted to do..i don't get PMS or anything so i han't had to deal with that either..

"not having to make the 1st move" - not always the case now anyway..though its usually all good..though IMO perv's should be stripped of their rights to make the 1st move..or any move at that..

childbirth - i between detesting the idea of EVER having children and having that baby-envy or whateveritscalled...rather contradictory i admit..though sometimes i can seriously see myself happy to be pregnant (as long as my bf is the father that is..) & think it would be quite sexy, right now i'm disgusted just thinking of it...i'm just a confused girly...

vanity - girls/guys both worry about their looks, girls can do more about it i guess, though i'm less pro-make-up anyway and believe in "natural" (if there is such thing now) beauty...saying that..i'd hate to leave the house totally naked - make-up-wise

emotions/apparent lack-of - i sometimes wish i had just punched/slapped/committed some sort of violence instead of engaging in pointless lengthy "emotional" arguments, though i do enjoy the whole sly scheming *****iness..

theres good/bad bits to both sexes i guess, Eien's right - i am happy that i'm happy as a girly!! respect to you Eien!! it must be hard to admit what you have! i think you make perfect sense, you are what you are & will never be able to change it!!

ReputationRep:
    People have pointed out good and bad points of both sexes already in this thread, but Eien is indeed right that it comes down to us being happy with our gender rather than turning it into some massive comparison of which one is better, and I would say that yeah I am happy with being a bloke.

ReputationRep:
    I should like to inhabit my 'better half' for a day, if only to ascertain precisely what it is that she sees in me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UtterNutter69)
    Well if I was a male hooker then I'd have to do woman clients only, none of that mud jousting business for me
    lololololololol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackykins)
    lololololololol
    Please, don't encourage him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UtterNutter69)
    Okay, pin your ears back and listen in. How many of you think that you'd rather have been born the opposite sex to what you are. Like if you're a bloke would you have rather been born a chick? and vice versa of course. If so why? or why not as the case may be.

Personally being born a chick would have made life much easier. Take money for example, if I had been born female then as soon as I turned 18 I'd be straight out on the game. Just think, £100 for half an hour, I could do 1 client a day mon-fri and thats £500 tax free a week for only 2 1/2 hours work.

...By the way, if you find this post offensive (not sure why you would, other than being an uptight squarehead) then please dont go whining to the admins, let me know so I can edit it to suit your politically correct special needs...
    i would like to say - it feels f**king sh*t to be the opposite sex to what you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Crow)
    i would like to say - it feels f**king sh*t to be the opposite sex to what you are
    But intriguing nonethless I should imagine.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.