has anyone else got any designs as this is what I find hard in this section

ReputationRep:
    hey i looked in the forum the link doesnt work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah222)
    hey i looked in the forum the link doesnt work
    Oh well, shrug!!! dunno...

ReputationRep:
    yo see about the whole brake idea thing. I was planning on using a parking brake because in the regulations for a buggy u have to have one. But basically its like a backwards bike brake idea. In a bike u pull the handle to squeeze brakes using a wire. Well all u do is do the reverse. u have a lever on the push abr of trolley which u pull up when u want to move. means that whenever u stop u automatically put on the brakes. thats how it works in airport trolleys. And whoevers design that was the most recent one is was shocked to see it. im kinda taking a regular trolley and making it more child friendly cause i assumed thats what there getting it but i never thought to remake the whole trolley!!! oh and duralumin. No i dea how much it costs but its def more expensive than aluminium but it is more durable than aluminium. Note the name. Duralumin. Basically it has better strength and stuff. its what i was planning to use for my trolley. Considering safety is a key issue. But remember Duralumin needs to be tig welded!!!!

ReputationRep:
    haha, I hope yo're not calling me a shocking designer lol.

emilyj - there are about three designs attached to posts in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, does anyone have info or any gud links to anthropometric data you could share? i findin it rly hard to find any, is that just me or is anyone else experincing the same problem? i tired the link in the forum but tis not workin! i be grateful for any help please!
    thanks, sari

ReputationRep:
    Do all of you think the final spec will require to make a chair for kids 0-5, or they'll make it more specific? Because it seems to be a large range of person sizes. Kids under 6 months need good back support, but it's not as vital the older they get.
    And also I wouldn't make a big deal about TIG welding. Aluminium is a pain to weld no matter what you use, because the melting point is so low. And I'd know, I had to get my AS project welded back together after a major **** up.

ReputationRep:
    A few points:

- There is no way you will get a five year old in a trolley or a buggy. I guess the 0-5 bracket is just the minimum option they could write. One idea I had was to have a game suggested on labelling on the buggy - like 'point at something orange...something made from... etc.' to keep them entertained.

- As far as anthropometrics are concerned all I have found is this. Its a few studies and it's pretty tough to interpret. But if you get desperate then check it out.

If you save the .dat files, then just open it in excel and it will automatically place columns. The definition files are there which explain which column is which.

- I would have to agree that it is unlikely that a folding option is necessary - they would have specified it as a research point. However it may be sensible to get some basics down just in case. (for my mock, we had to design a folding exercise machine and it was part of the research. The exercise machine was an old edexcel paper.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah222)
    hey has anyone got any anthropometric data cos i cant find any anwhere plz help...
    does anyone still want anthropometric data

got a load for young children, best i could find, I'll scan it in if peps still want it

ReputationRep:
    bit stuck for adults tho

ReputationRep:
    That would be really good if you could post that because the only information i could find was in graph form and it is very difficult to interpret wat it actually means. Jamo

ReputationRep:
    err.....

ReputationRep:
    I have a few pictures from my product research. Is it ok to sketch (copy) from these pics as my initial design ideas, or are these designs too complicated. I could try to simplify them.... what do you reckon?
    1. Very basic pushchair (useful for A:analyse the problem?)
    2. 3-wheeled, simple design
    3. New design, removable car seat, no space for shopping though...

ReputationRep:
    also........ http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about181-0-asc-15.html
    http://www.parentscentre.gov.uk/foru...threadid=20895

very useful insights into the problems parents (mothers) face with shopping and children :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think you could simplify them. I think 3-wheeled, simple design would be quite easy to simplify as the seat could be moved forward leaving room for a simple basket or something to be attached. There would be plenty of room as the seat its self looks to take up very little space. Something simple is wat i say as i have very very little information 4 this exam. lol.

ReputationRep:
    yo shaun i wasnt saying ur designs were bad i wa just saying they were very different to wat io was sdoing. i took a completely different approach. And are we back on to that buggy idea again??? o also tig welding is very easy if u do it properly in mass production!!!!

ReputationRep:
    right got it up now - enjoy
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    hi there guys, has anyone filled out an actual booklet ?
    if so can anyone scan a copy, stage by stage?
    i am having to self teach mysefl this year as i moved schools and the teacher only agreed to mark my coursework.
    would be greatly appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any more design ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceman_jondoe)
    hi there guys, has anyone filled out an actual booklet ?
    if so can anyone scan a copy, stage by stage?
    i am having to self teach mysefl this year as i moved schools and the teacher only agreed to mark my coursework.
    would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    we have been given photocopies of the actual booklets (5~6 pages of A3) in which we are *supposed* to fill in, and take into the exam. I have done 1 page so far

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.