English Literature
    5.44%
    Psychology
    3.42%
    Chemistry
    26.28%
    Other
    13.84%

A statistically inept person could go to the ALIS study, see a huge perecentage get A's in Further Maths, and therefore conclude it is the easiest subject by far

ReputationRep:
    I would probably say Biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    I would probably say Biology.
    Also true

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe anyone would actually vote geography it is noe of the easiest subjects! It's a complete repeat form GCSE. Personally I would say Chemistry or Maths.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why you're all continuing with this. Everyone will be adept in different subjects and find others more challenging depending on their interests and mental faculities. There is no clear-cut way of establishing the "most difficult subject". Heck, even for 10 people doing the same subjects, chances are they'd each name a different subject as being the most difficult, as long as none of them are from the Grade 7 syllabus or something (which I assure you, they're not).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College Guy 1987)
    Music is much harder than most people give it credit for. For a start you have to be able to play an instrument to a high standard (which takes years of practice), and write your own compositions to a resaonable standard, and sit a 2.5 hour listening paper at the end of the year, covering anything and everything from the 15th century to now. I have no idea how it is ranked equally with the likes of Psychology :eek:
    I completley agree with you.

The composition and the compositional technique papers were really hard.

Many people just think that with music, all you do is listen to CD's, which isn't true at all. Music needs to be given more credit I think.

ReputationRep:
    its not hard but i would say arts are some of the most demanding due to work load etc.

ReputationRep:
    in my experience German definately (work load + standard needed in exam) then further maths

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is a Piece of Piss compared with Maths Mechanics/Physics Speaking as someone who takes chemistry and despared with maths mech (practically physics)

ReputationRep:
    i think chemistry is great (and therefore much easier for me as i love it so much!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo7777777uk)
    I can't believe anyone would actually vote geography it is noe of the easiest subjects! It's a complete repeat form GCSE. Personally I would say Chemistry or Maths.
    geography was by far the hardest subject for me (physical) in AS.. but i dont think we were taught it very well..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitargirl03)
    I completley agree with you.

The composition and the compositional technique papers were really hard.

Many people just think that with music, all you do is listen to CD's, which isn't true at all. Music needs to be given more credit I think.

I totally agree. As someone who is Science based in her A-level choices i've never studied Music but i have the upmost respect for anyone who has... A few of my friends study it and -Bugger me- it looks hard going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    key skills level 1 communication
    You are kidding, right?

ReputationRep:
    WHY THE HECK ISN'T MATHS THERE ?? FURTHER MATHS..... *SHUDDERS* :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelsintuition)
    WHY THE HECK ISN'T MATHS THERE ?? FURTHER MATHS..... *SHUDDERS* :confused:
    I am not sure why it is not.

Perhaps he/she who made this thread thought it was too easy.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Mein Gott. 1984 etc., reading your profile is like reading pi.

(Original post by generalebriety)
    Mein Gott. 1984 etc., reading your profile is like reading pi.

hmmm.... more like 1 divided by 3.

ReputationRep:
    chemistry is by far the most difficult subject, for me. Biology comes quite naturally, and although no one takes every single A level, I can't imagine anything comparing to chem. I need an A in it to get into uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr2be)
    chemistry is by far the most difficult subject, for me. Biology comes quite naturally, and although no one takes every single A level, I can't imagine anything comparing to chem. I need an A in it to get into uni.
    U sound just like a mate of mine, I take it ur offer for Liverpool 2006is For medicine?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by dr2be)
    Biology would be disgusting. I voted for chemistry but that's because I don't do it in timetabled lessons - complicated, but anyway, I get much much less chemistry time than anyone else does. Hence it's all rushed and meehhh.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.