3.42%
Chemistry (169)
26.28%
Other (89)
13.84%
Kolya
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
A statistically inept person could go to the ALIS study, see a huge perecentage get A's in Further Maths, and therefore conclude it is the easiest subject by far
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would probably say Biology.
Stranded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by WokSz)
I would probably say Biology.
Also true
jo7777777uk
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I can't believe anyone would actually vote geography it is noe of the easiest subjects! It's a complete repeat form GCSE. Personally I would say Chemistry or Maths.
Nutter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't know why you're all continuing with this. Everyone will be adept in different subjects and find others more challenging depending on their interests and mental faculities. There is no clear-cut way of establishing the "most difficult subject". Heck, even for 10 people doing the same subjects, chances are they'd each name a different subject as being the most difficult, as long as none of them are from the Grade 7 syllabus or something (which I assure you, they're not).
guitargirl03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by College Guy 1987)
Music is much harder than most people give it credit for. For a start you have to be able to play an instrument to a high standard (which takes years of practice), and write your own compositions to a resaonable standard, and sit a 2.5 hour listening paper at the end of the year, covering anything and everything from the 15th century to now. I have no idea how it is ranked equally with the likes of Psychology :eek:
I completley agree with you.

The composition and the compositional technique papers were really hard.

Many people just think that with music, all you do is listen to CD's, which isn't true at all. Music needs to be given more credit I think.
tiamaria
Report 13 years ago
its not hard but i would say arts are some of the most demanding due to work load etc.
JME
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
in my experience German definately (work load + standard needed in exam) then further maths
WorkHouse
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Chemistry is a Piece of Piss compared with Maths Mechanics/Physics Speaking as someone who takes chemistry and despared with maths mech (practically physics)
*Emily*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think chemistry is great (and therefore much easier for me as i love it so much!)
*Emily*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jo7777777uk)
I can't believe anyone would actually vote geography it is noe of the easiest subjects! It's a complete repeat form GCSE. Personally I would say Chemistry or Maths.
geography was by far the hardest subject for me (physical) in AS.. but i dont think we were taught it very well..
WorkHouse
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by guitargirl03)
I completley agree with you.

The composition and the compositional technique papers were really hard.

Many people just think that with music, all you do is listen to CD's, which isn't true at all. Music needs to be given more credit I think.

I totally agree. As someone who is Science based in her A-level choices i've never studied Music but i have the upmost respect for anyone who has... A few of my friends study it and -Bugger me- it looks hard going!
Innocent_Angel
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by stratomaster)
key skills level 1 communication
You are kidding, right?
angelsintuition
Report 13 years ago
WHY THE HECK ISN'T MATHS THERE ?? FURTHER MATHS..... *SHUDDERS* :confused:
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by angelsintuition)
WHY THE HECK ISN'T MATHS THERE ?? FURTHER MATHS..... *SHUDDERS* :confused:
I am not sure why it is not.

Perhaps he/she who made this thread thought it was too easy.
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Mein Gott. 1984 etc., reading your profile is like reading pi.

Eau
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by generalebriety)
Mein Gott. 1984 etc., reading your profile is like reading pi.

hmmm.... more like 1 divided by 3.
dr2be
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
chemistry is by far the most difficult subject, for me. Biology comes quite naturally, and although no one takes every single A level, I can't imagine anything comparing to chem. I need an A in it to get into uni.
WorkHouse
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dr2be)
chemistry is by far the most difficult subject, for me. Biology comes quite naturally, and although no one takes every single A level, I can't imagine anything comparing to chem. I need an A in it to get into uni.
U sound just like a mate of mine, I take it ur offer for Liverpool 2006is For medicine?
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dr2be)
Biology would be disgusting. I voted for chemistry but that's because I don't do it in timetabled lessons - complicated, but anyway, I get much much less chemistry time than anyone else does. Hence it's all rushed and meehhh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (10)
19.61%
My career doesn't need one (5)
9.8%