Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

It Polls for Thee: Secretary General Election Time! watch

• View Poll Results: Vote for your preferred SG. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS.
    Nightowl
    60.00%
    Wootcannon
    6.67%
    Brimstone
    30.00%
    Ahmed
    0%
    ABSTAIN
    3.33%

ReputationRep:
    Lost is a very good Tv show. I've just realised I'm missing Charmed, which I shall now have to watch on Living Tv Plus one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    Lost is a very good Tv show. I've just realised I'm missing Charmed, which I shall now have to watch on Living Tv Plus one
    México knew it had forgotten something!

ReputationRep:
    bagsy China rep once Nightowl becomes SG.

ReputationRep:
    DONT say that! Theres only two votes in it it could go either way. Saying that gives a disadvantage to me because people who may vote for me might think its safe to vote for someone else, and its plain disrespectful to opponents.

ReputationRep:
    Well who ever is voted the next SG gets to pick their Fav carrot

Post Number 555 for me

ReputationRep:
    meh, you know its true, i doubt there are two more MUN participants left to vote.

but if it makes you feel any better:
    Bagsy China rep IF Nightowl becomes SG.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)
    meh, you know its true, i doubt there are two more MUN participants left to vote.

Very insulting indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I actually think with the recent activity we couyld break the 25 mark in the poll, it's far from a conclusion, I would have thought the close margin we currently see in the poll would be a testament to that.

Plus IF I do become SG, we should hold an election for the Chinese seat since its a P5 member of the security council. However if there's no challengers it's all yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6+6=6)

Let's see. 14 votes, 60 countries represented, 6 days left.
    It could go either way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddylad)
    Let's see. 14 votes, 60 countries represented, 6 days left.
    It could go either way
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    I actually think with the recent activity we couyld break the 25 mark in the poll, it's far from a conclusion, I would have thought the close margin we currently see in the poll would be a testament to that.

Plus IF I do become SG, we should hold an election for the Chinese seat since its a P5 member of the security council. However if there's no challengers it's all yours.
    México is aware that it's painfully stupid, but who else exactly is in said council?

ReputationRep:
    Permanent (With Veto power)
    Britain (Wootcannon)
    France (Carl)
    Russia (Jangliss)
    USA (JonathanH)
    China (Nightowl)
    Non Permanent Members:

India (Brimstone)
    Israel (gemgems89)
    Germany(Aiman)

ReputationRep:
    Permanent (With Veto power)
    Britain (Wootcannon)
    France (Carl)
    Russia (Jangliss)
    USA (JonathanH)
    China (Nightowl)
    Non Permanent Members:

India (Brimstone)
    Israel (gemgems89)
    Germany(Aiman)
    México wonders why France, being the rather useless country that it is, is still a permanent member?
    Probably because of all the fuss France would kick up should it be kicked out México muses.

ReputationRep:
    I'll leave the next French rep to answer that

ReputationRep:
    Kazahkstan has Voted

ReputationRep:
    I'll leave the next French rep to answer that
    México looks forward to having this chat with the next French rep, whomver that may be.
    México is also looking forward to tonight's episode of CSI. México likes the way it makes forensic science accessible to the average person.

ReputationRep:
    China asks Mexico which channel CSI is on, China has never seen it before.

ReputationRep:
    China asks Mexico which channel CSI is on, China has never seen it before.
    México believes it is on Living TV tonight at either 10 or 11, although this channel is not terrestrial so China you will need Sky/Ntl or another service provider.

ReputationRep:
    China does have Sky, but its downstairs so China only has access to Terrestrial.

ReputationRep:
    China does have Sky, but its downstairs so China only has access to Terrestrial.
    Ah well, México believes that CSI is on every Tuesday on Channel 5, but China will have to verify the day with a newspaper.
    EDIT: Ooooo México has discovered that when México is subbed, México can see which users gave México rep! AAlthough México hasn't received neg rep, so it is not useful now for México.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.