Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysegul)
    That's good. Was starting to worry cos I have all 4 but Warwick. Thanks & good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's the exactly the same as me. Thank you and good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rennie Akoni)
    Politics & International Relations offer from Bristol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    WOOOOH!!

You go girrrl.. :P

Is that all of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MohammedAlam94)
    WOOOOH!!

You go girrrl.. :P

Is that all of them?
    THANK YOU!!

Unfortunately it's not. I'm waiting on KCL but I'm not too bothered because it was sort of an ambitious choice. I'm just soo happy about Bristol

ReputationRep:
    I've finally submitted all of my applications. I made it! And now let's wait and see.... best of luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Applying to:

Durham
    Bristol
    Edinburgh
    Warwick
    York

Predicted grades are AAA in: History, Economics and Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics) + B in AS German.
    I got an offer of AAB from York, within a week of sending off application (october half term) but this is my only offer so far.
    I have visited York, Durham, Edinburgh and St. Andrews. I will visit Warwick and Bristol if offers arrive so I can compare.

Does anyone know when these universities make offers? Also what the offers are likely to be (if not the same as those given in the prospectus?)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MB216)
    Applying to:

Durham
    Bristol
    Edinburgh
    Warwick
    York

Predicted grades are AAA in: History, Economics and Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics) + B in AS German.
    I got an offer of AAB from York, within a week of sending off application (october half term) but this is my only offer so far.
    I have visited York, Durham, Edinburgh and St. Andrews. I will visit Warwick and Bristol if offers arrive so I can compare.

Does anyone know when these universities make offers? Also what the offers are likely to be (if not the same as those given in the prospectus?)

Thanks
    Apparently Warwick typically reply in January. Congrats on your York offer!

ReputationRep:
    That's good. Was starting to worry cos I have all 4 but Warwick. Thanks & good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received my offer from Warwick for International Studies on Nov 12. They take a maximum of 8 weeks to make a decision so it depends on when they received your application, not specifically on January.

ReputationRep:
    Politics & International Relations offer from Bristol

Congrats on the offer!!

What grades did Bristol ask for? Prospectus was a little ambiguous as to whether offers would be likely to be AAA or AAB

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enjie August)
    I received my offer from Warwick for International Studies on Nov 12. They take a maximum of 8 weeks to make a decision so it depends on when they received your application, not specifically on January.

Congrats on the offer!!

What grades did Warwick ask for? Also unsure if this is likely to be AAA or AAB as prospectus and website contradict slightly. Perhaps the online grades are updated from 2012.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enjie August)
    You're the only one who's heard for International Studies... Is it combined with Politics or just IS? I applied late October and still haven't heard!

ReputationRep:
    Conditional from Swansea University! They want BBC :') They replied within less than two weeks. I'm happy with that, seeing as I've heard that take a good while (like a month) to reply.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what are you planning to do with your IR degrees, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    You're the only one who's heard for International Studies... Is it combined with Politics or just IS? I applied late October and still haven't heard!
    I am doing the undergraduate degree course L260 Politics with International Studies.

Oh I am sure you hear soon enough *fingers crossed for you*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MB216)
    Congrats on the offer!!

What grades did Warwick ask for? Also unsure if this is likely to be AAA or AAB as prospectus and website contradict slightly. Perhaps the online grades are updated from 2012.

Thanks

Thank you The condition is IB 38 points including bonus points so I am not sure about their equivalence in A-levels. Sorry if I am of not much help..

ReputationRep:
    i have applied for
    international relations- Edinburgh
    international relations and politics- kent, keele, oxford brookes, canterbury christ church.

already had an offer for canterbury christ church for CCC

ReputationRep:
    THANK YOU!!

Unfortunately it's not. I'm waiting on KCL but I'm not too bothered because it was sort of an ambitious choice. I'm just soo happy about Bristol

I was going to apply to KCL too! They want AAA and I'm predicted AAB so I thought it might be a waste of an option but now that I've received all my offers I'm wondering what could have been..

Congratulations on Bristol again!! Believe me, I know the feeling

Are you planning on going to any of the visit days? I've booked my Loughborough one for the 16th of February and I'm currently contemplating whether or not to visit Sheffield at all as I REALLY do not want to go alone.

Hope you get the KCL offer. 5/5 feels AWESOME!!

ReputationRep:
    international relations offer from the london school of economics!! congrats to all IR offer holders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seoullove)
    international relations offer from the london school of economics!! congrats to all IR offer holders
    Thank you AAA offer ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shalla13)
    Thank you AAA offer ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    IB 667 HL which is equivalent to that i guess...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MohammedAlam94)
    I was going to apply to KCL too! They want AAA and I'm predicted AAB so I thought it might be a waste of an option but now that I've received all my offers I'm wondering what could have been..

Congratulations on Bristol again!! Believe me, I know the feeling

Are you planning on going to any of the visit days? I've booked my Loughborough one for the 16th of February and I'm currently contemplating whether or not to visit Sheffield at all as I REALLY do not want to go alone.

Hope you get the KCL offer. 5/5 feels AWESOME!!
    Thank you again . I'm soo happy but I need to get real serious so I can get the grades

I've already been to see Loughborough and I loved it. I doubt I'll go for the visit day though, trying not to miss a lot of school. Definitely going to York & Bristol for their open days, but I'm also not sure about Sheffield. I haven't been to see it, so I might aswell go. Dileemaaa :/

Haha Aww Dang! You should have applied for KCL aswell. They want AAA and I'm predicted AAB soo I'm a bit nervous but if Bristol gave me one then I'm hopeful

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 1, 2013

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.