The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway 2013 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by winningjojo
Can see your point but as you say without being there we can't say theyre not supportive. I go to a well tanking school and to an extent agree that there is the pressure to do well but I find, at least where I am now, that if you need the support you can get it. Sad to hear you had to move school though. I also agree with you that it is a fairly minor thing and that is personal, something that can't be ranked and stated! What course are you applying for?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yer thats why i cant really judge... Mind you the school i went to that treated us like guinea pigs has now gone bust and owes alot of money... :biggrin:

N psychology :biggrin: cannot wait its definately my firm. I almost jst want to withdraw an application thats taking ages just to firm holloway :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by megfashion
pos rep :P

the only thing i could possibly say was bad about holloway (and im clutching at straws here thinking it), is that it is very high ranking so may mean the lecturers are more concerned about the grades than the welfare... that is what some of my teachers at school have suggested anyway. i had to move schools because the school i used to go to was high ranked, and treated us like guinea pigs.
then saying that ive not been under the impression that the lecturers are like that at all :smile: so i dont know, who knows, everyone has a different opinion on such things :smile:

Can totally see what you mean! However, when I went to the open day and spoke to the person who deals with disabled students, she was extremely helpful and understanding of my situation, and was able to help me with understanding what to do with DSA and what information to send to RHUL (and to the other uni's I applied to). They seem, currently, to be extremely helpful. I have no doubt that they'll help you and me, and anyone else with problems/extenuating circumstances. We just have to be honest when we have an issue. :P
Original post by trails
Can totally see what you mean! However, when I went to the open day and spoke to the person who deals with disabled students, she was extremely helpful and understanding of my situation, and was able to help me with understanding what to do with DSA and what information to send to RHUL (and to the other uni's I applied to). They seem, currently, to be extremely helpful. I have no doubt that they'll help you and me, and anyone else with problems/extenuating circumstances. We just have to be honest when we have an issue. :P

Positive rep :smile:
Totally agree!

Reply 143
Positive rep :smile:
Totally agree!

Thank you! :smile: What're you applying to do?
Original post by trails
Thank you! :smile: What're you applying to do?

Geography :smile:

Reply 145
Original post by Theodoreday
Hello :smile:
my name is Theodore and im applying for Royal Holloway starting in September 2013
i want to study English and Classics
how about you?
wanted to get to know some people who are interested in going to :smile:

Hey! I'm applying there too for Multilingual Studies, have you sent off your application yet?
Original post by Ella73
Hey! I'm applying there too for Multilingual Studies, have you sent off your application yet?

Hey I'm going for geography! :smile:

Reply 147
Hey I'm going for geography! :smile:

have you been given an offer? I sent mine off last week and got an acknowledgement email saying i should hear within four weeks...I'm so nervous!!!
No I haven't sent my application off yet :/ doing it start next week. Are you going for geography too?? I'm going to be so impatient... I loved it on the open days :smile:

Reply 149
No I haven't sent my application off yet :/ doing it start next week. Are you going for geography too?? I'm going to be so impatient... I loved it on the open days :smile:

I'm in love with so fingers crossed well get in! what other uni's are you applying to?
Original post by Ella73
I'm in love with so fingers crossed well get in! what other uni's are you applying to?

Newcastle Plymouth Southampton and Leicester. Holloway is my fav even of it doesn't have the biggest entry requirements! Founders is beautiful. What unis are you applying to?

Reply 151
Newcastle Plymouth Southampton and Leicester. Holloway is my fav even of it doesn't have the biggest entry requirements! Founders is beautiful. What unis are you applying to?

Southampton, Cardiff, Exeter, Queen Mary's and then RHUL - you're right, the building is so beautiful and i like that it's a small uni because i;m not overly interested in all of the night life!!
Just got an email saying they've received my application!!! :s-smilie:

Original post by Ella73
Southampton, Cardiff, Exeter, Queen Mary's and then RHUL - you're right, the building is so beautiful and i like that it's a small uni because i;m not overly interested in all of the night life!!

Same the night life isn't the most important thing! Great minds think alike - we've got two unis the same! Whats multilingual studies about?

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 154
Geography :smile:

Oh cool! I wish you luck in getting an offer from RHUL. D; I'm sending my app off next week too. Hopefully anyway.

Original post by Ella73

Haha, that's exactly what I thought. :P
Reply 155
Same the night life isn't the most important thing! Great minds think alike - we've got two unis the same! Whats multilingual studies about?

They sure do :wink: I might see you there :smile: it's French, Spanish and Italian - i was really torn about whether i could cope with the three languages because i think normally people have one of them as their native one, which i don't, but hopefully it'll all be fine! have you got to have interviews for any of yours? I know Southampton does but i'm not sure about for geography?
Original post by lizardsmithy:)
Just got an email saying they've received my application!!! :s-smilie:

Did you say you were applying for music and drama? ive applied for drama and got an AAB conditional offer yesterday (thursday) 2 days after i got the email saying they'd received my application.

good luck!
Original post by annashad13
Did you say you were applying for music and drama? ive applied for drama and got an AAB conditional offer yesterday (thursday) 2 days after i got the email saying they'd received my application.

good luck!

Yeah i am! did they not invite you to a ucas day first then? that's really nerve wracking! fingers crossed then! thankyou and congrats! :smile:
Original post by lizardsmithy:)
Yeah i am! did they not invite you to a ucas day first then? that's really nerve wracking! fingers crossed then! thankyou and congrats! :smile:

No they didn't which is really odd as they said the same thing to me about the ucas day when i went on the open day. Confusing, as Birmingham gave me a conditional and explicitly stated that i had to give a 'satisfactory performance at the audition workshop' whereas Holloway didn't even mention it. I got my application email on the tuesday before the offer, so i'm sure that you'll hear from them soon, especially as you're quite early in applying :smile:
Original post by annashad13
No they didn't which is really odd as they said the same thing to me about the ucas day when i went on the open day. Confusing, as Birmingham gave me a conditional and explicitly stated that i had to give a 'satisfactory performance at the audition workshop' whereas Holloway didn't even mention it. I got my application email on the tuesday before the offer, so i'm sure that you'll hear from them soon, especially as you're quite early in applying :smile:

exciting! hopefully won't have a scary audition then! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending