Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else not want their gf to give them a bj? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    So let me get this straight- you don't think running down the street naked for the pleasure of another person is degrading?
    If you choose to that cos you want to, well then no.

Personally yes i think it would be, but i know for a fact my bf would never in a million years ask me that as 1.it wouldn't give him pleasure, and 2.he wouldn't ask me to do something i was uncomfortable with.

As far as oral sex goes, no-one should be forced to do it. I know my bf doesn't like doing it that much (and no not cos he thinks its degrading..) so i don't force him to. He has a choice. If someone i was with thought it was degrading then ok. I wouldn't do it. But thats rarely the reason for someone not doing it if you see what i mean. I just thought the Op was generalising a bit much.

(Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    If you choose to that cos you want to, well then no.

Personally yes i think it would be, but i know for a fact my bf would never in a million years ask me that as 1.it wouldn't give him pleasure, and 2.he wouldn't ask me to do something i was uncomfortable with.

As far as oral sex goes, no-one should be forced to do it. I know my bf doesn't like doing it that much (and no not cos he thinks its degrading..) so i don't force him to. He has a choice. If someone i was with thought it was degrading then ok. I wouldn't do it. But thats rarely the reason for someone not doing it if you see what i mean. I just thought the Op was generalising a bit much.
    please read post number 139

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    please read post number 139
    Please get your head checked out

ReputationRep:
    So let me get this straight- you don't think running down the street naked for the pleasure of another person is degrading?
    I know this question wasn't for me.

But if I said to a guy "if you want, I will run down the street naked", or if he asked me and I said "yes, I would be happy to do that". Then it is no way degrading myself.

Degrading is lowering yourself. And you would not CHOOSE to do something that lowered yourself. Or at least I wouldn't.

Therefore I would not choose to do anything degrading.

Therefore if I AGREE TO DO SOMETHING. I am not degrading myself in any way, UNLESS I have been somehow forced into agreeing, by emotional manlpulation.

For example, running down the street naked to turn my boyfriend on because I THOUGHT that if I didn't then I would loose him is degrading, yes. But also it shows I am in an unstable relationship or am emotionally unstable myself.

As far as I am concerned, I'm in a stable relationship, and I am emotionally stable myself. And I STILL will WILLING give and/or recieve oral sex. Happily.

ReputationRep:
    If someone i was with thought it was degrading then ok. I wouldn't do it.
    Just because you WANT to do something doesn't mean it is not degrading in the eyes of society.

And you wouldn't know if the person you were with thought it was degrading.

After all, he's not gonna refuse oral sex. The truth would come out after yu broke up with him or when he's with his mates telling them how you sucked his .....

do you think this is degrading?

ReputationRep:
    So basically, you only think its degrading if you feel its degrading - regardless of what other people (incl. the other person) think?

Do you really believe this?
    Yes.

(Original post by LiverSwings)
    I know this question wasn't for me.

But if I said to a guy "if you want, I will run down the street naked", or if he asked me and I said "yes, I would be happy to do that". Then it is no way degrading myself.

Degrading is lowering yourself. And you would not CHOOSE to do something that lowered yourself. Or at least I wouldn't.

Therefore I would not choose to do anything degrading.

Therefore if I AGREE TO DO SOMETHING. I am not degrading myself in any way, UNLESS I have been somehow forced into agreeing, by emotional manlpulation.

For example, running down the street naked to turn my boyfriend on because I THOUGHT that if I didn't then I would loose him is degrading, yes. But also it shows I am in an unstable relationship or am emotionally unstable myself.

As far as I am concerned, I'm in a stable relationship, and I am emotionally stable myself. And I STILL will WILLING give and/or recieve oral sex. Happily.
    that only applies if you dont think oral sex (in the act) is degrading.....which is what we are trying to get through to most people...

IF I WANT TO DO IT IT IS NOT DEGRADING. IF I DON'T THEN IT IS.

So, if you don't wanna go to school, but have to, then going to school is degrading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    that only applies if you dont think oral sex (in the act) is degrading.....which is what we are trying to get through to most people...
    I agree that in the eyes of some people orl sex is degrading. So they may say I am degrading myself if I do that.

I think eating tomato soup is degrading, are you gonna say that you're degrading yourself every time you eat tomato soup, just because I think that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    IF I WANT TO DO IT IT IS NOT DEGRADING. IF I DON'T THEN IT IS.

So, if you don't wanna go to school, but have to, then going to school is degrading?
    Obviously where the law is involved it's different. ^o)

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank God there *are* guys out there who don't want their girlfriends to do this sort of thing.

The idea makes me squick. I just...even if I was with someone I loved, it'll make me feel uncomfortable. And I refuse to do anything that makes me feel uncomfortable. If he doesn't like it, he can get lost .

(Is it weird that I can't even imagine myself giving some guy a hand job?)

Please get your head checked out
    ..why hes spot on. Whether you consent to it or not does not change your opinion on whether or not you consider the ACTUALY ACT OF giving a blow job to be degrading or not.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you WANT to do something doesn't mean it is not degrading in the eyes of society.

After all, he's not gonna refuse oral sex. The truth would come out after yu broke up with him or when he's with his mates telling them how you sucked his .....

The OP was the first person to say it is degrading. He also said he would refuse.

(Original post by lostinfantasies)
    Oh thank God there *are* guys out there who don't want their girlfriends to do this sort of thing.

The idea makes me squick. I just...even if I was with someone I loved, it'll make me feel uncomfortable. And I refuse to do anything that makes me feel uncomfortable. If he doesn't like it, he can get lost .
    heh, yeah but looks like they (maybe we..) are in a small percentage :P soo good luck with that =P

ReputationRep:

So now society thinks oral sex is degrading????

Since when

i can understand some people, with perhaps religious beliefs may find it degrading. Maybe they find sex degrading too? But the majority of society most likely find oral sex socially acceptable.

And hey if he wants to tell his mtes that i gave him blow jobs that's his perogative. :rolleyes:

(tho i do know the guy well enough to know he wouldn't do that....)

ReputationRep:
    I really would never like my girl friend to give me a blow job, its nothing to do with hygiene, i just think its degrading. Before people say that its "normal" to ask for a bj or anal sex, its not, the mouth and anus are not sexual organs ~ if my gf ever started id ask her to stop and id explain why, anyone else feel the same way or are you all for it?

Just curious.
    For the sake of argument, I would that you define 'sexual' in this context. After all, as the phenomenon of female circumcision has made abundantly evident, the clitoris is not necessary to pro-creation or even 'sex' per se: in fact, as proven by the phenomenon of 'in vitro' fertilisation, corporeal juxtaposition of the pudenda (or 'reproductive' organs) in such a manner as to constitute 'intercourse' can be similarly circumvented altogether. Consequently, 'sexual' must obtain rather from connotations of sensual or 'erotic' stimulation as derived via the putative 'erogenous zones' often (albeit arbitrarily) involved in coitus; to wit, the anus inasmuch as the clitoris, vagina, glans, foreskin, prostate, feet, neck, back, eyes, et cetera. Conversely, the uterus, despite being what is arguably the sole quintessentially 'progenitory' organ (at least, at the time of my writing this), is amenable to no (known) comparable stimulus. In fact (being poignantly cynical for just a moment here), all such are merely facilitants (and, I suppose, putative pre-requisites) to the conjugation of a spermatazoa and an ovum; which process is, biologically-speaking, the raison d'etre of sex. Ironic, no?

Although, if the Orwellian prophecy bears out, we may soon be able to do away with this entire, sordid bagatelle altogether: bloody marvellous.

(Better start work on that rationalisation then, I suppose.)

(Original post by LiverSwings)
    The OP was the first person to say it is degrading. He also said he would refuse.
    i said i would refuse because i didnt want her to degrade herself. Since (we both) consider the act degrading. .......get it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinfantasies)

(Is it weird that I can't even imagine myself giving some guy a hand job?)
    Firstly, that's not weird.

If you don't want to do something to a guy, then never do it. Do not do something you are not comfortable with. If you see it as something that ou personally wouldn't do then you go for it!!

And yeah, get rid of any guy that goes against you because you won't do that sort of thing

Is not going to school against the law? Here it isn't.. (not sure about the UK). By have to, I meant society's (everyone else does?) and parent's pressures...

ReputationRep:
    ..why hes spot on. Whether you consent to it or not does not change your opinion on whether or not you consider the ACTUALY ACT OF giving a blow job to be degrading or not.
    My opinion is that IT'S NOT ****ING DEGRADING!!!!!! :mad:

Can i be much clearer on the subject??

if you think it is, don't do it. But equally if you're going to judge me on it then don't expect me to sit back and take it...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.