OhJoy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has any one been sent the reading list yet or know how many text we need this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aries1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by OhJoy)
Has any one been sent the reading list yet or know how many text we need this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope I've not received anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Simibrairez
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by OhJoy)
Hahaha yeahh I am!
Wooo I have someone to walk to lectures with

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm here too! D4 Law with French law

(Original post by OhJoy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't sent this but I found it by chance while looking around the university website! I've purchased 3 books, A very small introduction to Law, Learning the Law (Glanville W.) and Letters to a law student!

http://www.shef.ac.uk/law/newstudent...tudies/reading

Or you could just live by this quote from that page and not feel too guilty at not having read or done much preparation haha!

Many students ask us what they can read in preparation for studying law. Our advice is that spending your summer reading law textbooks is not the best use of your time.
LawLad13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a 3rd year law student at Sheffield - any questions just ask here or PM me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gigi1827
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys, I live in Sheffield and I am going to university of Sheffield to study law and criminology. I'm living at home and just wondering if anyone else is doing the same (not necessarily the same subject though)
laurar0b
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gigi1827)
Hey guys, I live in Sheffield and I am going to university of Sheffield to study law and criminology. I'm living at home and just wondering if anyone else is doing the same (not necessarily the same subject though)
Oh my god! Me too! But I'm just doing law I thought I was the only one. Everyone's already going to have made friends with people in their halls and then it'll just be me by my self aghhhhh.
SWFC44
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi I'm studying just Law but living at home in Chesterfield. Soo glad Ive found other people who are also living at home! Thought it would be just me!
Gigi1827
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by laurar0b)
Oh my god! Me too! But I'm just doing law I thought I was the only one. Everyone's already going to have made friends with people in their halls and then it'll just be me by my self aghhhhh.
I'm sure you'll be fine don't worry. I was pretty worried about not making friends but I've met quite a few people today at the local commuters meet up did you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gigi1827
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SWFC44)
Hi I'm studying just Law but living at home in Chesterfield. Soo glad Ive found other people who are also living at home! Thought it would be just me!
There's quite a lot of people living at home. I found out today so thank heavens we won't be alone haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
laurar0b
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's quite a lot of people living at home. I found out today so thank heavens we won't be alone haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awwww no I didn't go! I didn't know there was a meet up! I'm glad that other people are in the same situation as us then ! Do you have twitter?
Gigi1827
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Awwww no I didn't go! I didn't know there was a meet up! I'm glad that other people are in the same situation as us then ! Do you have twitter?
You should have come, you'd have enjoyed it we had a BBQ, a treasure hunt and a campus tour. Everyone was really nice and friendly. Yea I have twitter do you want me to message you my username or vice versa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
laurar0b
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should have come, you'd have enjoyed it we had a BBQ, a treasure hunt and a campus tour. Everyone was really nice and friendly. Yea I have twitter do you want me to message you my username or vice versa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes please sounds like I would have enjoyed it! How did you find out about it?
Gigi1827
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes please sounds like I would have enjoyed it! How did you find out about it?
They sent an email 2 weeks ago about 'local commuters' who are living in Sheffield or out if sheffield but not living in halls and commuting back and forth

Posted from TSR Mobile
KickboxingOli
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LawLad13)
I'm a 3rd year law student at Sheffield - any questions just ask here or PM me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi was looking at doing law at Sheffield but they ask for AAA, I'm predicted AAB but also doing an EPQ, do you think I have a chance?
LawLad13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KickboxingOli)
Hi was looking at doing law at Sheffield but they ask for AAA, I'm predicted AAB but also doing an EPQ, do you think I have a chance?
I know quite a few people in the Law School that have AAB (and lower). My advice would be to contact the School directly and see how strict they were on their entry requirements this year - i.e. how many people that missed their offers still obtained a place.

I'm sure they will say that they prefer you (or anyone) to achieve the conditional offer but I know that Sheffield is not as strict as some other universities when it comes to law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads